|“||He thought back to when they first landed in that field. They had already lost their weaponry, and the mayday they issued appeared to fall on deaf ears. The bipedal beasts, the 'humans' as they referred to themselves, seemed dangerous but stupid. The object sighed to himself, he didn't like to say it out loud, but he did underestimate those bipedal brutes.||„|
|~ SCP-131-A's inner monologue|
SCP-131, also known as "The "Eye Pods", are two friendly, safe-class SCP's.
SCP-131 consists of the SCP-131-A and SCP-131-B, which appear to be two creatures which mainly look like a tear-drop. Both of which have a big eyeball in the middle of their bodies, while they appear to be small. SCP-131-A is colored orange, while the SCP-131-B is colored yellow. The two can move extremely quickly and climb. Their intelligence capabilities are considered to be very similar to a house cat.
The two can roll the facility any time they want, checking the personnel and other Safe friendly SCP's. They also appear to be able to communicate together by various babbling-sounds, and they can also feel if someones are in danger. If-so, they would swarm around the victim's feet, making various tones to warn them of dangers that could occur. They've mainly done this act when personnel is testing Euclid or Keter SCPs.
SCP-131-A and SCP-131-B appear in the Unity Remake of SCP: Containment Breach. They can be found inside their chamber where the player could free them using a keycard. After being freed they would start wandering around the Light Containment Zone or doing some tasks. It the player clicks on one of them it will star following the player. The player can dismiss SCP-131 by holding G. If the player encounters SCP-173-U while accompanied by one of SCP-131, 131 will stop following the player and start looking at SCP-173-U, allowing the player to freely roam the zone around 173 without being attacked. When the player leaves the zone, both SCPs will relocate to different zones.
Iris Through the Looking-Glass
SCP-131 appear in the light novel Iris Through the Looking Glass. They are one of many SCPs encountered by SCP-105-C.
- In the original photography of the creatures, it appears that there's a third member of the Eye Pods, which looks exactly like the two, except this one is colored blue. Though in the official story it isn't spoken about at all, some people claim that the third one can be considered as SCP-131-C.
- They are based off of Japanese medical robots called "Muu".
- Since they don't blink, they are used to contain SCP-173 during maintenance.
- Within SCP-3482, an anomalous wildlife sanctuary, there are "Aquatic Eye Pods" looking identical to 131, but with fish features. The Foundation is trying to extract one of the creatures in order to compare it to 131.
- In "Rebar Nightmares" there are shown to be more instances of 131 living in the site, each with a different color.
- In "Fragments" there was a idea for a tale in which Lord Blackwood would travel Africa in search for the Eye-Pods.
- When D-77544 looked to SCP-131 through some glasses which let their wearer know how much costs the objects the wearer sees, he said that 131 cost two unknown currency.
- In "Sparkle Spectacular", Agent DeLaurier accidentally smashes an instance of 131, but is not alarmed by this action since they are able to make a clone of it.