|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page SCP-2800 contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Almost every time that I went out to fight crime, I got beat up by the thugs that I was trying to stop. Sure, I got a few good hits in and left some spines in them, and maybe bruises here or there, but there wasn't much else. They had knives and stuff too. I didn't have any of that stuff. What kind of a hero uses a knife? Gotta show a good message to the kids, right? Superheroes have to be good models for the kids.||„|
SCP-2800, formerly known as "Daniel MacIntyre" and currently known under the alias "Cactusman, the Spiked Menace", is a Safe-class, human SCP contained within the SCP Foundation.
SCP-2800 is a male human of Scottish descent, he has brown hair and green eyes and stands 187 centimeters (approx. 6 feet, 1 and 1/2 inches) and weighing 76 kilograms (approx. 167.5 pounds). His DNA is infused with a genome from the saguaro cactus and possesses many physical properties across his body relevant to the plant as a result.
Powers and Abilities
SCP-2800 processes numerous properties, including the following:
- Able to grow Cacti spines, measuring 2-3 centimeters (approx. 3/4 to just over 1 inch) that can fall off naturally or be manually removed by SCP-2800 himself.
- Able to preform photosynthesis as a means to obtain nutrients and avoid growing hungry.
- Strong efficiency with water, as he is able to retain hydration as low as 1/3 that of a normal human.
- Able to adapt well to arid (dry) climates and above-average temperatures.
- Plant Communication, mainly with those of the Cactaceae (Cacti) family, including several Cacti-related SCP's such as SCP-3388 and SCP-2497.
In addition to the aforementioned properties, SCP-2800 has been diagnosed with dysthymia (chronic depression) and "hero syndrome" (the unrelenting urge to assist others no matter the risks).
As mentioned above, SCP-2800 suffers from dysthymia and "hero syndrome". Both disorders are believed to be connected in some way, as the latter acts as a means to prevent the former, and as a result, SCP-2800 frequency goes through numerous mood swings and has been placed under "suicide watch" by the Foundation.
To counter the depression, the Foundation have placed various potted cacti within SCP-2800's cell and allow him to assist Foundation personnel whenever granted the chance as a means to boost his morale.
By his own account, he just awoke with his powers one day. After gaining powers, he decided to become a super hero, but got beat up constantly. However, he persevered despite his struggles, and eventually began to find some success in using his powers to fight crime.
According to an old surveillance tape from a subway that SCP-2800 was known to have lurked around prior to its containment. The tape shows SCP-2800 successfully fighting off a criminal who is threatening to rob a mother and her child and then thanking SCP-2800 for saving their lives before he disappears.
Sometime after the tape, SCP-2800 was encountered and contained by the Foundation. Unlike most SCP's, SCP-2800 was captured by the Foundation by accident, who were at the time, tracking down a completely different SCP, which SCP-2800 attempted to assist in capturing.
In Other Media
- In the previous deleted version of SCP-4089 by author Zzuxon, SCP-073 and SCP-105 were getting annoyed by SCP-2020, until SCP-2800 interrupted 2020 and got it away from 073 and 105. If this version of SCP-4089 would have stayed on the site it would create some discrepancy as SCP-073 would have involuntarily killed SCP-2800, due to 2800 possessing plant DNA.
- When the Foundation's Department of Multiverse Analysis began pulling webpages from alternate universes, they came across a Wikipedia article about a musical called "Containment Breach The Musical". This musical features multiple SCPs and Foundation researchers played by actors, including SCP-2800 who is played by an actor named Chaz D. Kevereaux.
SCP Foundation Personnel