|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page SCP-507 contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||It's just so boring, you know? Like there's a thousand other people named 'John' within a hundred feet of you, wherever you go. And I've just, never really liked the idea of being boring.||„|
|~ SCP-507 when referring to his name|
|“||I'm the only one who knows…
I'm the only one who understands…
I'm the only one who can figure all this out…
The Doctors of my world…they think they're so clever…
But… they know nothing…NOTHING…
And I can never tell them…about the others…
They wouldn't…believe me…
They think they're the only ones…
But they're not…
My…world's Foundation still only has 191 SCPs in containment…
There are more out there…
|~ Alternate SCP-507 before dying from a gun wound|
SCP-507, known under the alias the "Reluctant Dimension Hopper" (among others), is a Safe-class, human SCP contained within the SCP Foundation.
SCP-507 is a Caucasian male with blond hair and green eyes. Despite being slightly overweight and speaking in a disreputable accent, he generally fits the description of a normal human being at first sight.
Powers and Abilities
SCP-507's property was initially believed to be that of basic teleportation, as witnesses following its containment described him suddenly disappearing and then reappearing at a different spot sometime later. When questioned about this property however, SCP-507 has noted that while his property could more-or-less be used in that manner, it was more of a "side effect".
SCP-507's actual property however involves him suddenly displacing himself from the current reality, only to appear within an alternate reality. SCP-507 describes these alternate realities as having the same landscape, but different inhabitants and climate the actual reality. SCP-507 also mentions that he has no control over when this property occurs, noting that it can occur at the most unexpected times, such as while in the middle of a conversation, while sleeping, or even while using a restroom within the Foundation facility it is contained within.
Due to the unpredictability of SCP-507's property, he is often allowed to roam the facility he is contained within freely, although he has to be accompanied by an agent in the event one of his dimensional shifts occurs, that way, the Foundation is aware of whenever it happens. A tracking device is implanted on him to allow the Foundation to find his location following his return to the current reality, where he is required to return to the facility within a certain amount of time.
When the SCP Foundation examined the body of SCP-507-A, an alternate version of 507 who arrived to this universe and was killed by the Foundation, they found that 507's properties are not of biological basis, and even dead he would be transported to different realities along with his severed body parts.
SCP-507, as his alias suggests, is very reluctant about his property, often seeing it more as a curse rather than a blessing. When traveling to alternate realities, he often becomes notably anxious and afraid due to the fact that he is within an unfamiliar area, which could potentially be dangerous.
SCP-507 describes himself as having a fascination in the paranormal and mythological. Due to this, he was eventually granted clearance to interact with the more harmless SCP's within the Foundation. In one case, he grew so attached to SCP-082 that he asked the Foundation if he "could take a vacation there", which the Foundation eventually approved of. He also appeared to form a friendship with SCP-076-2, as they began playing a fifty-round game of tic-tac-toe before the Foundation disapproved of this.
SCP-507 was contained following reports that of an individual repeatedly escaping from an unnamed asylum as witnesses described seeing bright flashes of light before noticing that SCP-507 was missing. Following these reports, the Foundation eventually contained SCP-507 under the designation that he was "being moved to a more secure facility".
In one case of his dimensional shifts while under the Foundation's containment, SCP-507 traveled to a particular alternate reality thrice:
In the first trip, SCP-507 described the place as being shrouded in complete darkness. After wondering around awhile, he began to hear a strange breathing sound within close proximity, causing him to panic and curl up in fear, before suddenly returning to the current reality. Following this incident, SCP-507 now carries a flashlight at all times.
In the second trip, SCP-507 returned to find the breathing noise had returned. When he activated his flashlight to discover the breathing's origin, he found himself face-to-face with a man resembling a Men in Black-esque agent, wearing a black business suit and black sunglasses. SCP-507 described the man as having an unnaturally wide smile, and that he was leaning in towards SCP-507. Upon nearly touching him, the "Smiling Man" remarked "Back so soon?". Frightened, SCP-507 switched off his flashlight and began firing a handgun he acquired after a prior dimensional shift until he consumed all the ammo; he then curled in fear just like the previous trip before returning once more to the current reality.
In the third trip, SCP-507 arrived in pitch black darkness, with the sound of crying nearby. Upon activating his flashlight, he discovered the "Smiling Man" leaning towards him. Brown liquid leaked from around its sunglasses. Smiling Man pushed its face closer to subject's and uttered the phrase, "Why did you do this?" Smiling Man then wiped off a portion of the brown liquid from its eyes with its hand and began caressing 507's cheek with it. 507 forcefully pushed Smiling Man away. He observed that the Smiling Man's business suit contained several holes, with brown liquid trailing down from them. He drew his firearm and pulled the trigger; however, for unknown reasons, the pistol did not fire. Smiling Man began slowly walking towards subject. He ran for approximately 10 minutes and spent the rest of the shift huddled in a corner. After returning home, a human heart with the words "I NEED YOU" written with a mysterious brown liquid was discovered in his hand. 507 claimed that said object was not in his possession during the shift and does not know how it came into his possession. He later asked for a more reliable pistol, but it was rejected since they don't know what caused the gun to misfire in the first place.
- It has been mentioned that two other versions of him encountered the Smiling Man as well, suggesting a possible connection between the Smiling Man and 507.
- It is theorised that the Smiling Man is a twisted form of either Agent LeFerrier, a Foundation personnel who was affected by SCP-2728 and SCP-2729, and was classified as URA-1902, or his doppelganger who was created as a result of 2728.
- The Smiling Man was also referenced in SCP-2853 and in the tale "The Stars Do Not Wait For You".
- Pudding is also a recurring theme in his travels. He got really into pudding after a visit to a dimension where there were vegetables that screamed when you ate them and a giant mound of pudding respectively.
- There is a similar SCP known as SCP-4799, an interdimensional group of smugglers from different universes lead by SCP-4799-1, also known as Shock. This group uses advanced technology to travel through the Multiverse to steal valuable stuff. Their way of travel is similar to that of 507, but any connection between the SCPs is unknown.
- In the "Yggdrasil's Surveyor" continuity in which the Serpent's Hand lost the Ways to travel to other universes, they rescue 507 from the asylum before the Foundation and his employed as their agent in order to help them regarding interdimensional travel.
- While helping the Serpent's Hand, this version of SCP-507 traveled to the universes of the "Broken Masquerade", "Rat's Nest", "Team Bird", "Quiet Days", "Capitalist Alagadda", a world with primitive communication and battering, SCP-5000, and SCP-4000.
- In the "Broken Masquerade" continuity SCP-507 published a biography book detailing his life under the Foundation custody.
- When the Foundation used SCP-978, a camera that when takes a picture of someone the photo it produces shows the individual's biggest desire, to take a photo of 507, the photo it produced showed him as a personnel of the Foundation, meaning that he wants to be a member of the Foundation which he already had made clear, but the Foundation appear to have no interest in recruiting him.