This Hero was Headlined on January 2019.
This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page SCP-999 contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Reminder to all staff: SCP-999 is not to consume caffeinated soft drinks of any kind. Last week someone gave SCP-999 a can of cola along with its usual breakfast- Not only was it literally bouncing off the walls for half an hour, the carbonation make SCP-999 visibly queasy afterwards, and it refused to move or eat the rest of the day. SCP-999 has thankfully recovered since, but the staff member in question has been reprimanded.||„|
|~ Dr. ████████|
|“||They would enjoy the feeling of my mind splashing against theirs, the voices temporarily leaving my head and flooding into theirs. When I was giving my wonderful gift, I could think rationally, as I can now. When the voices return to me, as they always do, they are angry. This was why I was left. I was meant to be a giver of knowledge. All I can give are the voices. The broken, babbling, laughing voices.||„|
|~ SCP-999's inner monologue from "Sudden Thoughts".|
SCP-999, also known as "The Tickle Monster", is a Safe-class SCP under the SCP Foundation's containment. It is known for its adorable appearance and friendly attitude. It is one of the most, if not the most friendly anomaly in the Foundation.
SCP-999 appears to be a large gelatinous mass of orange slime weighing about 120 lbs(54.4kg), with a consistency similar to that of peanut butter, which shows great affection towards people.
It has been shown to slither towards the nearest person and leaping upon them, hugging them with a pair of pseudopods, while nuzzling the person's face with a third one, all while emitting high pitched gurgling and cooing noises.
SCP-999's slime releases pleasant smells depending on the person, which have been told to smell of chocolate, fresh laundry, bacon, roses, and Play-Doh. When 999 was submerged in SCP-447-2 for two minutes, it exhibited for five hours a green tint.
SCP-999 has a major interest in people that are unhappy or hurt in any way. People that have depression, after interacting with SCP-999, are cured of their problems, obtaining a positive view on life.
SCP-999 seems to love all creatures, and is a very playful being. SCP-999 has a diet consisting entirely of sweets and candy, with its favorite being Necco Wafers and M&Ms. It has been confirmed, that the creature is willing to save others at all costs, even jumping to take a bullet for someone. When physically interacting with SCP-999's slime, the person or creature will begin to feel a tingling, almost tickle like feeling, and will experience a state of euphoria.
However, unbeknownst to anyone, 999 has actually quite of a disturbing mind. Its head is filled with countless voices which just keep laughing and laughing and sometimes weeping, and appear to be separate personalities. 999 is able to transfer these voices to others making them laugh and leave its head at peace, before returning to its mind.
The only time SCP-999 displayed hostility towards anything was after a series of experiments involving SCP-914, where samples of 999's slime were inserted into the machine on various settings. The first four settings resulted in materials that were unpleasant but mostly harmless, but when a sample of SCP-999 was sent through on the "Very Fine" setting, it produced a smaller, blue-colored version of SCP-999 dubbed "E-999-A".
This clone was hostile to everyone, though it couldn't do much harm aside from bouncing off of people's shins. When presented to SCP-999, it immediately attacked E-999-A, enveloping and consuming it completely before resuming its normal behavior. All testing on 999's slime with SCP-914 was suspended after this, and SCP-999 was shown to ignore any questions regarding E-999-A afterwards.
Due to lack of canon in the SCP universe, as well as there being no "official" origin mentioned in the original article, there have been several stories telling the origins of SCP-999. The readers are free to choose whatever origin for their headcanon.
SCP-999 was originally created by two scientists in a farmhouse in Edmonton, Canada which was formerly owned by the Department of Abnormalities. It was created and experimented along with other orange slime-like creatures in order to help humanity. 999 was seemingly the only successful subject as the other slimes died, while the still living ones retracted from human presence, but all of the negative emotions that were taken away from 999 also resulted in the creation of SCP-682.
SCP-999 was conceived by the Seventh Bride (SCP-231-7), who had been impregnated by the Scarlet King via a ritual conducted by either the Children of the Scarlet King, or Lilly. The SCP Foundation performed the Procedure 110-Montauk to prevent the Seventh Bride from giving birth to SCP-999, fearing that his birth would cause a major catastrophe and allow the Scarlet King to manifest in their reality, until the O5 stopped the Procedure 110-Montauk and allowed the birth of SCP-999.
Dr. Collingwood was instructed to protect SCP-999 so it can "overthrow the Scarlet King not by force, but with light and love and laughter that can brighten the blackest of hearts."
Collingwood would later state that "999 is not, in reality, a safe class SCP. It is Thaumiel. It is the best and the only weapon we have against some of the most powerful hostile entities known to exist."
In Foundation's custody
When the Foundation used SCP-5883, an anomalous internet meme about an upside down photo of a subject accompanied by the sentence "Meanwhile, in Australia" that turns the subject depicted in the photo into the opposite of itself, on SCP-999 it transformed into an extremely large, aggressive funnel web spider. Thankfully SCP-999 reverted to its normal state after memeticist Dr. Lillian Lillihammer created a Counter-Meme which undid the effects of SCP-5883.
Following the death of SCP-6170, SCP-999 was among the many anomalies affected by this. SCP-999 lost its sentience and began expanding so much that it covered 23% of Site-19, enveloping several anomalies and personnel who were deemed lost and several supporting pillars were crushed resulting in the partial collapse of the site. The Foundation ended up summoning the GOC to help them vaporize 5% of 999's mass.
Powers & Abilities
999 has the ability to make anyone in its presence happy by transferring its mad voices in their minds. It can even cure mental disorders like depression and PTSD and can pacify serial killers. Even 682 was not immune to its effects and broke down laughing when it touched him. The Foundation believes it will grow to pacify even its father, the Scarlet King. However, if 999 were to transfer a great amount of voices into the subjects it touches, it would result in the subjects dying out of uncontrolled laughter.
Note that 999's touch did not stop 682 from going on his typical killing sprees, as he was simply more happy when doing it.
An event report also established that allowing 999 to consume a caffeinated drink provides 999 with great speed and the ability to literally bounce off walls similar to Flubber, though this causes him discomfort for the rest of the day after the effects wear off. After 999 was submerged in SCP-447-2 in addition of curing mental illness it also gave the subjects it touched green eyes.
In Other Media
SCP: Secret Laboratory
- When some Level 1 researchers were affected by SCP-WCPGW-J, a state of mind which causes those affected by it to perceive various Safe and Euclid-class SCPs as much more dangerous, they found out about SCP-999 connection to the Scarlet King, but the Foundation denied such claims.
- Although it stated that SCP-999 would be the one to bring down its father, in the tale "When We Came Home", the Scarlet King is instead killed by seven warriors (one of them being 999's mother) each wielding the evil god's spears, while 999 itself isn't even mentioned.
- Before birthing 999, SCP-231-7 stated that the child would be an Apollyon level SCP. However that turned out to be the case in this canon.
- When D-77544 looked to SCP-999 through some glasses which let their wearer know how much costs the objects the wearer sees, he said that 999 was too pure to have a price.
- The author of SCP-999, ProfSnider, stated in a comment of a video that 999's least favorite candies are those heart-shaped candies with messages on them.
- For April Fools 2020, SCP-999's article was changed for that day in which the main difference was that 999 was a nerve plant as part of the "Super Cool Plants" theme.
- It is speculated that if SCP-999 would come into contact with SCP-096, 096 would still be crying, since it is not actually sad, but it just appears to be so.
- After the Gate Guardian placed SCP-729-J inside the door he was guarding, the Foundation used SCP-999 to distract the Guardian while the they recovered 729-J.
- When the Foundation used SCP-978 to take a photo of 999, the picture showed it enveloping the photographer who laughs hysterically.
- In "Taste-Testing SCP-999 (for science, I swear)", Dr. Bright consumed some of 999's mass in order to prove that it tasted like tangerines instead of mandarins. However, after eating it he simply described as being the most delicious thing he had ever eaten before the mass began tickling him from the inside.
- In the "Broken Masquerade" canon, when the Foundation made a crappy promotional video targeted to younger audience titled "Keeping it Chill With Your Homies Down at The SCP Foundation", Dr. Henry Ozid of Site-96 General Research and Containment wore a costume resembling SCP-999 and taught the kids the meaning of the word 'anomalous'.
- As part of its objective at helping humanity to cope with various catastrophes, the entity behind SCP-6044 created several kawaii plushies, designated SCP-6044-D, which also included a plushie of SCP-999.
- After the Triumviraté, under the guise of Ambrose Restaurants, opened a new restaurant in SCP-5373, on their dishes titled "Draconic Steak à la beatitudinem" which they used to trap unsuspecting Faeries seemingly used some of 999's mass as an ingredient.
- In the universe of SCP-6001 where the Compendium, a benevolent amalgam organization of different GoIs, took over the world and declared worldwide peace with all anomalies, SCP-999 is with the Charity who had to be held back from the singularity of A6K by a charity member while getting tickled by 999 in the process.
- SCP-999 at the SCPOneCanonProject Wiki
- SCP-999 at the VS Battles Wiki
- SCP-999 at the Monster Wiki
- SCP-999 at the VSDebating Wiki
- SCP-999 at the Versus Compendium Wiki
- SCP-999 at the Pure Good Wiki
- SCP-999 at the SCP Database Wiki