|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page SCP Foundation contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Secure. Contain. Protect.||„|
|~ The SCP Foundation's unofficial motto.|
The Secure Containment Procedure Foundation, abbreviated SCP Foundation, is an organization dedicated to the apprehension and containment of anomalies, ranging from creatures to objects, locations, and events, known as "SCPs". The organization is dedicated to the understanding and imprisonment of these anomalies, whether they be evil, good, neutral, etc.
The Foundation captures and contains all abnormal occurrences, be they threatening or not. Every SCP is experimented upon, and tests are conducted on them on a daily basis.
The exact the of the SCP Foundation's founding is unknown, but over there years there have been many myths over the years, involving everything from the Angel who guarded the Garden of Eden to a supernatural post-Civil War Factory. The true origin will likely remain hidden forever, but it was known that Foundation was operating already in the 19th Century and was a powerful organization on the world stage by 20th Century, being acknowledged by both the Anomalous community and most national Governments
After the World War I, the Foundation created a special Task Force known only as the "Insurgency", which would perform more the more questionable tasks of the Foundation. This Task force would be deployed in 1925.
The Foundation took part in the Seventh Occult War (which ran concurrent with the World War II), and while it's role in the war was not known, it is presumed they were fighting the Thule Society and Ahnenerbe Obskurakorp, who tried to perform the "Rite of Solomon". Eventually the war ended, and the Foundation continued to it's normal duties of containing.
The Global Occult Coalition was formed, since the governments of the world wanted a force against the anomalous that they could control, but the Foundation still continued to work with them.
In 1948 the Insurgency went actually A.W.O.L. and rose up agains the Foundation, obtaining several with several SCP's in the process, and renaming themselves the Chaos Insurgency.
In the course of the 20th Century, the Foundation came across thousands of anomalies, making the best in containing them, as well as coming in contact with several rival and enemy factions.
In the 1950's to 1980's the Foundation would also discoer to the reemergence of Sarkicism, with devastating anomalies in Europe like SCP-610 and SCP-2191-3, as well cults like Adytum's Wake and The Hunter's Black Lodge spreadig their influence.
The Foundation would also discovered several anomalies tied to an ancient eldritch being, for which they would have to perform some of it's more questionable procedures.
In 2007 the Foundation would discover Anderson Robotics, a corporation that develops advanced androids and artificial intelligences, who used advanced fly-like drones to spy on the Foundation.
Despite the emergence of these things, the Foundation has been able not pursuit their mission statement without breaking the status quo too much.
Ranks & Structure
All Foundation personel are sworn to secrecy and are expected to be loyal and professional in their duties, not letting personal matters or superstition could their judgement.
Usually, the SCP-Foundation is led by the Overseer Council aka the O5-Council. The O-5 Council consists of usually 13 people who are often only defined as O5-1 through O5-13. The O5-council have unlimited access to all files and reports without any data expunged or redacted. The Council usually decides major decision with anomalies that have existential threats to humanity or the universe at large but can influence anything. It is often speculated that O5's might be anomalous themselves.
The 'Ethics Committee also wields a lot of power inside the Foundation. Most personnel considers the Ethics Committee as a joke or myth, but in reality, the leaders of this Committee are described to have the same power as the O5's, if not even more. They hide in plain sight and apparently have some authority over the O5-Council. The Committee decides what is ethically acceptable for the Foundation to do in their mission statement. Example: In one canon they designed the infamous Procedure 110-Montauk. Most of this version of the Committee comes from the story Ethics Committee Orientation.
Site-Directors are high-ranking researchers that lead the different containment-sites around the world. They often have Assistant Directors of different expertise that assist them inside the facilities. Site-Directors are also usually the highest ranking officials who still have a full name and not a numeric designation like with the O5-Council.
Mobile Task Forces, or MTF's, are the Foundation's most effective and skilled personnel. They can be anything from scientists and researchers to Elite Special Forces Soldiers (The most common variant used in stories or media about the SCP-Universe). Mobile Task Forces are, as the name suggests, mobile and can operate on either Containment-Sites or in the Field. They usually deal with the most dangerous anomalies, where the more common field and recovery agents might lack knowledge or training. MTF's often also have specialties: Example: MTF Mu-4 ("Debuggers") is specified in tracking anomalous electronic devices, technology, and transmission, and either try to contain or block them. The most famous/infamous Mobile Task Force is MTF Alpha-1 ("Red Right Hand"), who consist of the Foundations best and loyal operatives and employees. Despite this MTF Alpha-1 is often connected to the creation of the Chaos Insurgency, a rival organization that seeks to destroy the Foundation.
The Researchers are Doctors and Scientists that research on the anomalies. Their duties can vary from experimentation on the anomalies to developing Special Containment Procedures. Security clearances and ranks also vary from simple Research Assistants to Site-Directors and everything in between. The expertise of researchers can vary from different scientific fields like technology to zoology or different anomalous field. Example for the ladder is that Dr. Judith Low is specialized with anomalies that relate to Grand Karcist Ion and his following, Sarkicism.
The Containment Specialists are employees who design and uphold the Special Containment Procedures of anomalies. Containment Specialists can be anything from technicians to doctors to security personnel, and these duties often overlap with other ranks.
The facilities of the Foundation employs Security Personnel that serve as the primary defence force in doors. Their duties rank from guarding anomalies to serving as body guards for higher ranking officials. Their duty often overlap with Containment Specialists and MTF's.
Field Agents are responsible for detecting anomalies in outside world. They can be placed in any organisation, whether it's an government, a company or in a military or law enforcement organization. They serve as eyes and ears and contact the Foundation when something anomalous is detected.
Recovery Teams are usually called in by Field Agents when an anomaly is found. They are responsible for capturing the anomaly and transporting it back to the a Foundation-owned facility. As mentioned before, with more dangerous anomalies MTF's are sent in.
The Class-D Personnel are the lowest ranking staff of the Foundation. Usually recruited from convicted criminals, especially the death row criminals. They often serve as human test-subjects with anomalies, be it on facilities or in the field. Other groups and civilian organisations see this usually as a human-rights violation, though the Foundation sees this as necessary. In some case when the Foundation is running out of D-Class and none of death row prisoners are available, they may enable Protocol 12, which recruit Class-D personnels through prisioner who have committed less serious crimes, refugee populations, or any other civilian sources.
The Foundation does also employs more mundane staff such as communication specialists, kitchen staff, accounting, archives, janitorial staff and electricians, who do not work direct with anomalies, but are vital in day-to-day operations.
Notable Heroic SCPs
While literally thousands of SCPs have been contained by the Foundation, there are several notable ones that have been confirmed to be heroic and made good deeds. Though most SCP's are considered villainous and dangerous which are located on the Villains wikia such as: SCP-106, SCP-173 or SCP-096 . It should be noted that all of these SCPs are contained by the Foundation and are not affiliated with the Foundation's personnel.
- SCP-040 - A young girl who can manipulate matter to create living organisms made from the said materials she uses.
- SCP-073 - A cyborg who, despite his uninviting appearance is polite and considerate to Foundation staff. He has knowledge and fimilarity about the villainous SCP-076-2, possibly information of how to stop it.
- SCP-085 - A female drawing created by SCP-067 that was brought to life through SCP-914; she is capable of moving across paper and canvases and loves to interact with drawings that subjects draw in her environment.
- SCP-105 - A female individual previously known as "Iris Thompson" who can manipulate photographs in real-time; she has saved many Foundation personnel's lives and once stop the end of reality.
- SCP-131 - Two SCPs known as SCP-131-A and SCP-131-B, who are friendly helpers of the SCP Foundation and harbingers of danger.
- SCP-208 - A strange, beastly humanoid who loves people and can heal individuals via electromagnetic radiation emitted from its body.
- SCP-507 - A man who is capable of traveling to alternate dimensions, albeit unpredictably. He often acts as a test subject for the Foundation.
- SCP-516 - A sapient tank that refuses to fire upon civilians and innocent individuals, but will automatically fire upon those who commit villainous acts against their governments. It goes to great measures to insure that there is no innocent lives harmed when firing upon other targets.
- SCP-590 - A teenage boy who can heal any physical and most mental ailments substained on a individuals, but as a result absorbs said injuries onto its own body.
- SCP-999 - An orange, amorphous creature that seeks universal friendliness and compassion.
- SCP-1005 - A sapient humanoid whose body is made entirely of blue paint. It frequently cooperates with the Foundation and desires to make itself "happy" with its "owners".
- SCP-1230-1 - A wizard located within the dreams of individuals who activate SCP-1230; he enjoys creating fantasy scapes to allow individuals to have their own adventures within their dreams.
- SCP-1867 - A british artistocrat explorer & naturalist called Lord Theodore Thomas Blackwood, who at some point had his consciousness transfered into a telepathic sea slug. He has extensive knowledge over the anomalous & occult, and has helped the Foundation in the past.
- SCP-2295 - A friendly patchwork teddy bear that seeks to heal the sick and wounded.
- SCP-2800 - A man whose DNA is infused with a Cacti genome; he suffers from "hero syndrome", which makes him have the urge to help those in need.
- SCP Foundation Website
- SCP - Containment Breach Wiki
- Besides the many SCPs, the Foundation also has several other enemies such as the "Groups of Interests", organizations that also have access to anomalies. The include the Chaos Insurgency, Church of the Broken God, and Serpent's Hand.