| This stub is making Kirby hungry with its lack of substance.|
This article or section is a stub. You can help the Heroes Wiki by expanding it!
What are you waiting for? GO!
The Security Guard is the main protagonist in the 2015 horror video game Five Nights at Freddy's 3. He is the man hired to be the guard of Fazbear's Fright, from 12AM to 6AM. He is the first nameless protagonist in the series (The second being the FNaF 4 kid).
Just like the previous protagonists of Five Nights At Freddy's games, he is never seen, as the player is in first-person view of him the whole entire game.
He was hired to guard the Attraction by Phone Dude, making sure the place does not catch fire, as well as playing the role of the guard in the attraction. At the time of the first night of the game, a week before the attraction opens, the guard has already been working there for at least one night, and is briefed by Phone Dude on the new set up. On Night 2, Springtrap is brought into the attraction, and begins to hunt him. The guard thus spends the next five nights fending off Springtrap with the faulty systems, as well as the Phantoms. He also listens to the old Phone Guy tapes about Springlock suits. Eventually, Fazbear's Fright is burnt down, it is unclear what part, if any the guard had to do with this.
Based on the constant visions the guard sees of the phantom animatronics, it is possible that he may frequently be panicked and/or paranoid to the point of having hallucinations. Additionally, his deep, panicked breaths heard after being jumpscared by the phantoms indicate that he also shows fear and anxiety during their shift, similar to Jeremy and Fritz .
Despite this, the guard appears to be relatively focused and courageous, as they are able to recover from the phantoms' jumpscares relatively quickly and are able to fend off Springtrap throughout the night.
- The guard is never seen, given that the game is in first person perspective, and he never gets a check, due to the fire, so his name is never learnt.
- The way Phone Dude says the protagonist is playing the role of the security guard implies he is not a typical security guard, rather a performer playing the part of one.
- He is most likely male as his breathing sounds masculine.
- Given that the newspaper reporting the burning of Fazbear's Fright doesn't rule out arson, it is entirely possible the Protagonist burned Fazbear's Fright down to destroy Springtrap
- It is also possible that he helped to free the spirits of William Afton's victims.
- He has been theorized to be Michael Afton or Henry.
Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery