|This hero was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being admirable enough or lacks what is necessary to be a purely good hero. Therefore, this hero shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed heroes rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same do-gooder. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PG heroes.|
Any act of adding this hero to the Pure Good category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this hero without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
|~ Billy Batson as he transforms into his superhero form.|
|“||If a hero can't save his family, what kind of hero is he?||„|
|~ Shazam to Freddy on heroism.|
William Joseph "Billy" Batson, also known as Shazam, is the titular main protagonist of the 2019 film Shazam!, the seventh installment of the DC Extended Universe.
As Billy Batson, he is portrayed by David Kohlsmith as a kid and by Asher Angel as a teenager. Angel also portrays Jonah Beck in Andi Mack.
As his Shazam avatar, he is portrayed by Zachary Levi, who also portrays Chuck Bartowski in Chuck, Fandral in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Luke Collins in Heroes Reborn, and voices Flynn Rider in Tangled.
Billy Batson is a friendly kid who has escaped from his family. Until they find him a new home, but Billy doesn’t like it a lot, but he gets used to it. One day, he gets attacked by two bullies, he fights with them, but they say he isn’t strong enough to protect his own family. Billy escapes on a subway train, running away from the bullies.
Billy is on the train, when the lights turn off, and Billy hears a voice: “Billy Batson; I choose you”. Billy comes out of the train, and walks into the wizard's lair. He seems scared, he looks around and the wizard shows up with a line; “Say my name so my powers may flow through you.”. Billy asks what his name is, the wizard replied; “SHAZAM”. Billy laughs, but the wizard screams at him to say it. Then Billy says it and becomes a superhero named Shazam. He goes back home to his adoptive brother Freddy Freeman to reveal his secret.
Freddy seems scared, but he believes in who Billy is. and their adoptive sister Darla Dudley also finds out Billy's secret. Next day, Freddy records the first superhero training. Training number one is about super strength. Training number two is about flight.
Arguing with Freddy
Next day in school, The bullies bully Billy and Freddy again. But Freddy promises them that in the next day, a superhero shall come at lunch. After school, Billy disagrees Freddy’s plan and doesn’t come. Except of that, he gives autographs and plays with his superhero powers. After school, Billy argues with Freddy, who tells him that because of him, he was super bullied by Brett and Burke.
Meeting Dr. Thaddeus Sivana
After Billy finishes arguing with Freddy, Dr. Thaddeus Sivana approaches him, Shazam takes him as a fan, but then Sivana reveals his magic eye and attacks Shazam. Shazam punches him into the nest, Sivana angrily flies into the sky with him, and punches him all the way down. Then Shazam learns how to fly, but Sivana continues the attack. Billy is able to escape, but Sivana attacks his best friend, Freddy. Sivana asks him where he can find Billy’s family, leaving Freddy with no other choice but to tell.
Meeting His Mother
After escaping Sivana, Billy returns to his foster home, badly beaten up, where he is scolded by his foster parents Victor and Rosa Vasquez, as his other foster siblings Mary Bromfield, Eugene Choi, and Pedro Peña figure out his superhero identity. After being scolded by Victor and Rosa, Billy is approached by his siblings who now know his secret. Billy says he's no hero after he put innocent lives in danger and how he got badly beaten by Sivana. As Billy prepares to leave, Eugene and the rest of his siblings reveal they have found out the identities of Billy's parents and that his mother lives nearby in town, having gone by her maiden name which explains why Billy wasn't able to find her. With this information, Billy leaves to go find his mother as his foster parents pursue him.
When Billy arrives at the apartment where his mother lives, he is overjoyed to see her as he reveals his identity to her and tries to give her a hug, only for her to stop him as she tries to close her apartment door. Billy tries to apologize for getting separated from her, but his mother stops him. She then reveals that she was at the scene where Billy was found by the police, but decided to let Billy be placed in foster care as she was a teenage single mom struggling to raise him after her parents kicked her out of their home and her husband left her. Billy, shocked and heartbroken at this revelation, gives back the compass his mother won him at the carnival and leaves.
Sacrificing His Powers
That evening, Sivana ambushes the family of Shazam, he calls Shazam to come home. Shazam comes home and sees his family in danger. Then Sivana orders him to give his powers to him, or his family won’t survive. Billy agrees and goes with Sivana to the Rock of Eternity. Sivana summons the Seven Deadly Sins and orders Billy to give his powers. Then his family saves him and attack Sivana. They run out of the rock to the winter carnival.
Sivana goes after Billy and his family, traps them once again, and orders Billy to give the name of the champion. Then Billy takes Sivana’s staff and attacks him. He tells his family to say the name of the champion. Then they turn into adult superheroes and fight off the Seven Deadly Sins. Sivana and Shazam fight all over the sky. They finish on a rooftop, Shazam begins to say bad things about the last sin, Envy. Then Envy comes out of the eye and Sivana gets knocked off. Envy attacks Shazam, and Shazam says his name to vaporize Envy into mist. Sivana begins to fall from the building, but Shazam grabs him and drags him into the carnival. There he rips off his magic eye and traps the sins in the eye. Sivana gets arrested and Billy’s family becomes remembered as real heroes.
Next day, Billy finally feels safe living with his foster family. At school, Shazam arrives and tells the school that Freddy taught him everything about superhero life. He also brings one more friend, Superman.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Physiology: After being chosen by the wizard Shazam as his champion, Billy has been granted various inhuman feats (well he is in his avatar form, as Billy has the strength, courage, speed, stamina, power and wisdom of the gods, Hercules, Achilles, Mercury, Atlas, Zeus and Solomon respectively); such as superhuman strength, speed, durability, leaping, agility, stamina, etc., making him an extremely powerful superhuman.
- Superhuman Intelligence: With the wisdom of Solomon, Shazam possesses far more intelligence than normal humans.
- Superhuman Strength: With the strength of Hercules, Shazam has extremely powerful superhuman strength beyond human levels as he is able to easily lift individuals single-handedly and send them flying and punch through concrete pillars. He is also able to lift vehicles off the ground, such as a pickup truck and even a bus and push a heavy barrel away with a flick of his finger.
- Superhuman Durability: With the courage of Achilles, Shazam's body is virtually invulnerable to most forms of harm. This is shown when Freddy Freeman broke a wooden baseball bat over him, emerged unscathed from a wooden box that Freddy had doused in gasoline and ignited, repeated crashes into cars which left him unscathed and bullets even jumped off of Shazam on impact, even his face (only slightly "tickling" him).
- Superhuman Speed: With the speed of Mercury, Shazam is capable of moving at speeds beyond human levels as he can move so fast that he looks like yellow streaks of light, thus being able to knock a criminal down before the latter even knew what happened, to save Mary Bromfield from being run over, and to quickly disarm a robber.
- Superhuman Agility: Due to his super speed, Shazam is able to dodge attacks and move around different objects relatively easily.
- Superhuman Stamina: With the stamina of Atlas, Shazam's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of normal humans. As a result, his muscles produce practically no fatigue toxins during physical activity compared to those of humans. His virtually inexhaustible stamina enables him to exert himself at peak capacity for an undefined period of time without tiring at all as he is capable of running incredibly fast and flying through the air. Even during his battle with Sivana, Shazam does not even seem to have any obvious signs of fatigue as he is able to continue fighting.
- Electricity Manipulation: With the mystical power of Zeus, Shazam can manipulate, generate, create and project electricity from both his hands. He was able to instantly charge people's cell phones with single respective bolts of energy and can also use his lightning to make electronic devices short out, like vending machines.
- Flight: Shazam can levitate himself and fly through the air at great superhuman speeds, able to keep pace with Sivana and the Seven Deadly Sins.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Shazam is capable of healing and regenerating from any injuries as he was able to heal injuries Sivana inflicted to him within a few minutes.
- Teleportation: Shazam has the power to teleport to any location at great distances. He was also able to teleport himself and his foster siblings from the Rock of Eternity into a Philadelphia strip club.
- Immortality: As long as Shazam remains in his empowered form, he doesn't age.
|“||Are you for real?||„|
|~ Billy to the Wizard Shazam.|
|“||Superpowers? Dude, I don't even know how to pee in this thing.||„|
|~ Shazam to Freddy.|
|“||You're like a bad guy, right?||„|
|~ Shazam to Doctor Sivana.|
|~ Shazam to the rubbers who shot him.|
|“||If a hero can't save his family, what kind of hero is he?||„|
|~ Shazam to Freddy on heroism.|
- Jake McDorman, Parker Young, Joshua Sasse, Armie Hammer, Derek Theler, and John Cena were all considered before Zachary Levi was cast.
- However, Cena would go on to play Peacemaker in The Suicide Squad.
- He is similar to Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, Barry Allen aka The Flash, Ray Palmer aka The Atom and Clark Kent aka Superman.
- Ironically Billy acts calm and mature as himself but he acts enthusiastic and childish as Shazam.
|Extended Universe Heroes|