|“||I'm Sidney Poindexter, and whenever there's a single nerd in need, I shall be there.||„|
|~ Sidney, announcing himself while fighting Danny|
Sidney Poindexter is a recurring ghost on Danny Phantom.
He is first seen in "Splitting Images," in which he is the main villain and later on, an anti-hero in the series. Poindexter appears in every season. He uses his powers to bully the bullies and protect the nerds and special kids.
Poindexter is one of the few ghosts shown to have a previous human life before his current residence in the Ghost Zone. Once a nerdy teenager from the 1950s, he was known as the most bullied student of Casper High and, as such, holds a soft spot and great concern for those who suffer as much as he did. He was bullied so much that picking on him became a graduation requirement before he died.
Because Poindexter was stuffed into his locker so many times, his ghost now haunts Locker 724, with the mirror inside being a gateway to the Ghost Zone.
In the Ghost Zone, Poindexter resides within a black-and-white version of Casper High from the late '50s. His former classmates are also there, thus making his eternal torment continue.
Poindexter hates seeing his fellow nerds bullied and tries to stand up for them. He uses his ghost powers to do this.
Poindexter is calmer than most other ghosts and acts as the voice of reason in episodes like "Reign Storm" to Skulker. He enjoys sodas and egg creams and likes to participate in social events.
Despite being labeled as one of Danny's foes, Poindexter is very easily persuaded into helping Danny.
- He protects nerds from bullies.
- Because of Poindexter, Danny realize that he was turning into one of his tormentors.
- He tried reasoning with Skulker that they should deal with Pariah Dark with Danny's aid. Later on they all agreed to help him by dealing with the Ghost King's army.
- He and the other ghosts, mainly Danny's enemies, hold an "annual truce" according to which they do not fight on Christmas, where half-ghosts like Phantom qualifies and after the former told them that the Ghost Writer broke the truce, they helped him to attack the latter. Afterwards, they all helped repair and returned the gifts, Christmas trees, and other holiday items back to the rightful homes of Amity Park's residents, restoring Christmas once and for all.
- He and the other ghosts teamed up with Danny again to stop the Disasteroid from destroying Earth and the Ghost Zone.
- Throughout the series, after the events of "Splitting Images", he hasn't done anything bad.
- The word "Poindexter" means a boringly studious and socially inept person, i.e. a geek.
- Poindexter is the first (and so far, only) character to use the term "halfa."
- His appearance is similar to Mandark from Dexter's Laboratory.
- Interestingly, his spectacled appearance and nasal voice resemble his voice actor Peter MacNicol's previous lawyer character Austin Haggard in a Tales from the Crypt episode, "Let the Punishment Fit the Crime." Poindexter switching bodies with Danny could be a reference to the the twist end of that episode, where Haggard switches his place and nerdy appearance with the main character of the episode.
- In "Reign Storm," Poindexter partners with Princess Dorathea and even rides on her back while she is in dragon form. This may be a reference to Poindexter's voice actor Peter MacNicol's previous role in the film Dragonslayer, in which MacNicol plays a young wizard attempting to slay a dragon.
- Although he only appeared in 4 episodes in the Danny Phantom series, it's possible Sidney has been living in the Ghost Zone, peacefully and likely moved on from his vengeful vigilantism upon bullying and will only show up if a common threat/enemy presents itself.
- It is unknown how Sidney Poindexter died. It could be possible that his tormentors bullied him so much that he either committed suicide or was killed by one of their sadistic pranks. Of course neither of them is highly unlikely since they respect him now after seeing Sidney's 'impressive fighting' against Danny thus becoming good friends.
- For some reason, he seems to enjoy the company with some of Danny's enemies.
Danny Phantom | Sam Manson | Tucker Foley | Jazz Fenton | Jack Fenton | Maddie Fenton | Clockwork | Cujo | Dani Phantom | Frostbite | Pandora | Princess Dorathea | Sidney Poindexter | Wulf | Valerie Gray | The Wise Old Crab
The Loud House
Oh Yeah! Cartoons
The Fairly OddParents
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
The Mighty B!
Pig Goat Banana Cricket
The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss
Dora the Explorer/Go, Diego, Go!/Dora and Friends
Santiago of the Seas
See Also: Cartoon Network Heroes