- NOTE: This article is about the incarnation of Silver from The Angry Birds Movie Duology. The mainstream version can be found here: Silver (Angry Birds)
This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
She is voiced by Rachel Bloom, who also voiced Batgirl in Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Silver's appearance has almost no resemblance to the original Silver, as she sports a lighter plumage and hot pink eyebrows. Unusual for any Bird, her crest is designed in such a way that it can be tied into two long braids. She is also very tall, with thin, yellow, scaly legs whose length is only rivaled by that of Stella. She has a small beak.
Silver is really smart and has won many awards, she is also not so serious on the adventure and loves her brother Chuck.
Silver is initially disappointed that no one recognizes her achievements, but finally gets an opportunity to change that when Red chooses to allow her to lead the mission to destroy Zeta's superweapon partway through and successfully completes it. Red goes on to insist on the others that she be honored for that victory.
Unlike the Angry Birds 2 game, Silver has never held a personal grudge against Pigs and had not taken part in the Great Egg War despite the Pigs' initial hunger for stealing Eggs and hostility against the Birds. She thus has no problem welcoming Leonard, the first Pig she had ever met in her life.
The Angry Birds Movie 2
Chuck and Bomb ask Red to speed date, where he meets Silver but she deems him incompatible. Red quits the meeting and finds Leonard, the king of Piggy Island, comes to his house to negotiate. Later, Red, Chuck, Bomb and co. visit Avian Academy to find the brains of the group and ends up finding Silver, who is revealed to be Chuck's twin sister and is creating the Super String, a fibre with a very high tensile strength. Red reluctantly agrees to build an alliance with the pigs and they recruit Chuck, Bomb, Silver and Mighty Eagle. They hold a special meeting in Mighty Eagle’s cave. When Red shows a photo of Zeta, Mighty Eagle behaves abnormally. The meeting is disrupted when Zeta's ice ball hits Eagle Mountain and destroys it, but they escape just in time.
Later on, the team travels to Eagle Island via submarine. Once there, Mighty Eagle reveals that Zeta is his ex-fiancée that he abandoned due to his cowardice, retreating to Bird Island. Red insists on fighting alone and Silver decides to follow him. They intrude the base from the mouth of the weapon only to be captured by the her guards. The other team members disguise themselves as Harvey, grab a key card from a staff member in a washroom, and get into the base. The guards are driven into a breakdance battle by the disguise's unusual movement, and the team find that Red and Silver were being caught. They are forced to escape when their disguise rips apart, but the guards are too busy dancing to notice.
Zeta tells Red and Silver her plan to fire lava balls at Bird Island and Piggy Island, while the former regrets telling the islanders to not evacuate. After she leaves to start the countdown, Red admits to Silver that he put himself before anyone else as he's afraid of not being liked if he's no longer a hero. Silver frees them both using her Super String hair braids, reuniting with the team. Red transfers the leadership to Silver, who establishes a plan to destroy the weapon.
Silver and Red put themselves in an ice ball and roll towards Zeta's superweapon, but it misses the target, and the whole team are confronted by Zeta and her guards. At the same time, Mighty Eagle arrives to apologize to Zeta, but she quarrels with him, revealing his name as Ethan and that she gave birth to a chick he was unaware of named Debbie. While Zeta is distracted, Silver tells Chuck to tie up the weapon using a powerful rope she invented, which catches and decelerates the lava balls when Zeta fires them. As the rope breaks, the hatchlings and the piglets traveling above Eagle Island help grasp it. The lava balls slide back into the weapon, destroying the base.
Everyone escapes the base, and Mighty Eagle protects Debbie from being crushed by a metal plate. Zeta shows gratitude to him and they finally hold a wedding ceremony on Bird Island, with Red as the chief witness. Everyone cheers Red for saving the islands, but he reveals Silver and the team deserves the real credit instead of him, unveiling a Mount Rushmore-style monument to them. To his surprise, Red finds he is beloved even more now because of his honesty and selflessness. The birds have a huge party to celebrate while Red and Silver begin a romantic relationship, until Chuck arrives and interrupts the two.
To be added...
- The reason why Rachel Bloom was casted to play Silver is because John Cohen explains that he has a framed cover hanging on the wall of his office. So when they started talking about casting the role, the idea was right in KatTheFalcon's.
- Development of Silver took a long time, so Silver didn't make an appearance in the first film.
- Her appearance is similar to Monday, a bird from Angry Birds Evolution.
- In Sambil, (A shopping of Caracas, Venezuela), Silver has a poster in "Cines Unidos".
- A sculpture of Silver's face can be seen in the background of some levels of Angry Birds POP 2, as part of the monument of the Bird-Pig alliance formed from the remains of Mighty Eagle's cave. This and the Birds' continued partnership with the Pigs in the game's plot confirms that it is set after the events of The Angry Birds Movie 2.
- Silver has nothing related to her original counterpart, only the colour, she doesn't even use her ability in the movie, only does a back flip, which has nothing to do with a 360 degree looping.
- Maybe it's a different bird, as this Silver never met a pig or simply the movies aren't canon to the games.