|“||Although the most powerful dragon in the plant kingdom, he still dreams of wings and seeing the world beneath him.||„|
|~ Snapdragon's Plants vs. Zombies 2 description.|
|“||Blaze a trail through zombie foes with flame-blowing Snapdragon. Crabby as they may look, they’re always ready to fight fire with fire.||„|
|~ Snapdragon's Battle for Neighborville description.|
Snapdragon is one of the main protagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He is an anthropomorphic dragon-like plant who takes parts of fighting zombies.
Snapdragon is a dragon-like plant that has a green head, with yellow eyes and red pupils. Some of his teeth can be seen outside of the mouth. He also has orange wings to help him fly, and orange leaf-like legs to support him moving.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
Snapdragon first appeared in Plants vs. Zombies 2 after the players completed Pirate Seas - Day 3. In this game, he costs 150 suns and breathes fire in a 3x2 area. Also, he is in the Pepper-mint family, a family of fire plants.
When boosted with Plant Food, he can breathe out a massive fire in a 3x3 area.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
He appeared in this game as one of the spawnable plants who breathes out fire barrage at enemies.
Another variant of Snapdragon is Cat Dragon, who have no difference beside his cat-like appearance.
In Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, Snapdragon was promoted to the playble character of Attack class. His primary weapon is Flame Blower, and his second one is Flare Ball.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
|“||I'm a dragon; I'm a Plant... I'm a mystery!||„|
|~ Snapdragon's card description in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.|
Snapdragon also returned in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes as the playable Dragon Flower Plant card. He is in Smarty Class and his health and strength were both 3. The card costs 3, and its rarity is Premium - Rare. His trait is Splash Damage 3, which he can deal with damages to all lanes next door. Also, this incarnation of him has wings, despite not being fed with Plant Food.
Plants vs. Zombies 3
Snapdragon returned in this game as a female. Her abilities and Plant Food effect are similar to her previous incarnations. When applied with a taco, she flies to target flying zombies and deals more damages.
Power and Abilities
- Flamethrower: Snapdragon's signature move, as he blows a barrage of fire at a close distance.
- Flare Ball: Snapdragon lobs fireballs that ignites enemies from a medium distance.
- Swoop Slam: Snapdragon flies up and slams on the marked point.
- Blue Blazes: Snapdragon creates a blue fireball that homes on locked target.
- Blazing trail: Snapdragon creates a fire trail that burns enemies standing in it.
- Flight: Snapdragon can fly with his wings, notably the sprinting move in Battle for Neighborville.
Plants vs. Zombies comics
The Snapdragon appeared in the comics as one of the supporting characters to help Nate Timeley and Patrice Blazing fighting the zombies.
The Snapdragon could be found on the dropper ride in ROBLOX Halloween event.
- The Snapdragon is the only spawnable plant that is promoted to a playable character in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville.
- He, alongside Cold Snapdragon and Dark Matter Dragonfruit are the only dragon plants of the franchise.