|“||Although the most powerful dragon in the plant kingdom, he still dreams of wings and seeing the world beneath him.||„|
|~ Snapdragon's Plants vs. Zombies 2 description.|
|“||Blaze a trail through zombie foes with flame-blowing Snapdragon. Crabby as they may look, they’re always ready to fight fire with fire.||„|
|~ Snapdragon's Battle for Neighborville description.|
Snapdragon is one of the main protagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He is an anthropomorphic dragon-like plant who takes parts of fighting zombies.
Snapdragon is a dragon-like plant that has a green head, with yellow eyes and red pupils. Some of his teeth can be seen outside of the mouth. He also has orange wings to help him fly, and orange leaf-like legs to support him moving.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
Snapdragon first appeared in Plants vs. Zombies 2 after the players completed Pirate Seas - Day 3. In this game, he costs 150 suns and breathes fire in a 3x2 area. Also, he is in the Pepper-mint family, a family of fire plants.
When boosted with Plant Food, he can breathe out a massive fire in a 3x3 area.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
He appeared in this game as one of the spawnable plants to support the players defend their gardens.
Another variant of him is Cat Dragon, who can breathe a fire disposition at zombies.
In Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville as one of the playble characters of Attack class. His primary weapon is Flame Blower, and his second one is Flare Ball.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
|“||I'm a dragon; I'm a Plant... I'm a mystery!||„|
|~ Snapdragon's card description in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.|
Power and Abilities
- Fire Breath: Snapdragon's signature move, as he can blow fire at zombies.
- Flare Ball: In Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, he can lob ranged explosive shots at zombies.
- Swoop Slam: He can fly up, then crash down to deal damage on impact.
- Blue Blazes: He can create a blue fireball that can follow enemies.
- Blazing trail: He also can create a blazing wall of fire along a straight path.
- Flight: With his wings, he can be seen flying for a short while when applying with Plant Food in the second game. Also, in Battle for Neighborville, the players can press the jump button to make him fly for a while.
In the second game, despite being a fire plant, he is not immune to snow-based attacks. Also, he cannot warm all the plants around him.
Plants vs. Zombies comics
The Snapdragon appeared in the comics as one of the supporting characters to help Nate Timeley and Patrice Blazing fighting the zombies.
The Snapdragon could be found on the dropper ride in ROBLOX Halloween event.
- The Snapdragon is the only spawnable plant that is promoted to a playable character in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville.
- He, alongside Cold Snapdragon and Dark Matter Dragonfruit are the only dragon plants of the franchise.