|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||The manager is a butthead! The music producer is a fried octopus ball! Songs come from the heart!||„|
|~ Sonia Strumm|
Sonia Strumm, known as Misora Hibiki (響ミソラ Hibiki Misora) in Japan and as Sonia Sky in the English anime dub, is the deuteragonist of the Mega Man Star Force series. Sonia is assumed to be around 11–12 years old.
She is voiced by Misato Fukuen in the Japanese version in the anime, and by Wendee Lee in the English version of the anime.
Introduced in the first game, Sonia became a singer in order to make her mother happy, but after her mother died, her manager began using her success for his own financial gain. Her depression is what called Lyra to her, and after being defeated they both become allies. Like Geo, Sonia can't have her mind controlled by Lyra and so relies in her own fighting strength during battles. Together they become Harp Note. She is the first person Geo forms a brotherband with.
In the games, Sonia was a pop singer until she met Geo Stelar, when she rebelled against her manager and retired (temporarily). In the anime, however, she just wants to sing songs that she wrote herself instead of those written for her. In the midst of these two events, she encounters Lyra. She has a crush on Geo, but like most other females in the games, has not outright admitted it, but strongly pushes it to the audience, this can proven a several times in the Star Force game series.
Mega Man Star Force
Mega Man Star Force 2
Mega Man Star Force 3
Mega Man Star Force (anime)
Shooting Star Rockman Tribe
Powers and Abilities
Sonia is capable of the following abilities and attacks, some of which are restricted to the anime or games exclusively:
- Frequency Change: Lyra Note can teleport by changing her wave frequency. She'll do this when she needs to go somewhere faraway in Echo Ridge, like her manager's building, but can't find a Wave Road to take her there.
- Shock Note: Two speakers appear in the columns where Harp Note is not standing. Harp Note then strums her guitar and the speakers each fire a Shock Note.
- Machine Gun String: Harp Note lines up with Mega Man and fires strings at him. The strings break, and when they connect, Harp Note proceeds to fire six notes at him whilst he is paralyzed.
- Pulse Song: Harp Note moves up close and fires a heart-shaped pulse at the player. It pierces Invis and must be blocked, else it will induce a certain status ailment to the player depending on the color of the note.
- Anti-Hypnosis: Like any Wave Changed human in the series, Harp Note is immune to hypnosis and can only be fully be taken over by the compatible AM/FM-ian.
- Ultrasonic Hearing: Harp Note can hear and translate waves too high or too low for the normal human or even EM Being to hear. This proved extremely useful navigating the Bermuda Maze.
- Her father was never seen or mentioned, suggesting that Sonia's parents are divorced or that the man died.
- Sonia's guitar doubles as her Transer, but this function became useless when she acquired her Star Carrier.
- In the anime, Sonia usually uses her guitar as her main terminal device, but she has been shown to use a red transer and wave scanner. Indicating she is of the Leo satellite.
- Although Sonia's guitar acts as her transer it does not appear to have any battle card applications.
- Even after Sonia's upgrade to a Star Carrier and later the Hunter-VG, Sonia continues to carry her guitar with her at all times.
- In the games, Sonia is technically the main reason as to how Geo got his special powers in the first two games.
- In the first game, Geo's Star Pendent wouldn't have glowed had Geo not formed a BrotherBand with Sonia, thus not earning the power of the Star Force.
- In the second game, had it not been for Sonia going on a date with Geo, they wouldn't have explored the museum hosting the OOPArt. Also, had it not been Sonia's assistance, as Lyra Note, the OOPArt would have been lost and not have been swallowed by Omega-Xis.
- Lyra uses the guitar as a base for a weapon, similar to how Omega-Xis uses Geo's arm as the Mega Buster and Laplace becomes Solo's sword.
- Sonia is the only Star Force character who has cut her BrotherBand with Geo twice (first when Geo was confused after his battle with Gemini Spark, and again when Sonia wanted to protect Geo while she was working for Dr. Vega).
- If the player looks inside Sonia's Transer, they will see that she has a Harp Note battle card, even if this is done before Lyra is introduced in the game.
- This also happens with the other bosses even before they were controlled by their respective FM-ians.
- During her concert in Mega Man Star Force 3, the lyrics of her song appear to be base on the first time she met Geo during the events of the first Mega Man Star Force.
- Like Jasmine and Medi, she has a tragic background dealing with her parent that serves as her primary reason to pursue her passion and the latter as a part of the squad whose goal is to liberate the world from the criminal organization's evil influence with a romantic relationship with the protagonist competing with the other who is a Mayl expy.
- Her Shock Note attack is akin to Toadman.EXE's Shocking Song and no coincidence that she takes reference as a part of the liberation team designed to free the world from the criminal organization's influence.
- She has similar looks to Mayl and Roll as Harp Note but the majority of the traits go on to Luna who is a genuine Mayl expy.
Mega Man Classic
Mega Man X
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man Battle Network/NT Warrior
Mega Man Star Force