This Hero was Headlined on November 2009.
|This hero was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being admirable enough or lacks what is necessary to be a purely good hero. Therefore, this hero shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed heroes rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same do-gooder. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PG heroes.|
Any act of adding this hero to the Pure Good category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this hero without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
- Note: This page is for the mainstream version of Sonic the Hedgehog. For other versions of the character, view Sonic.
|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||You're too slow!||„|
|~ Sonic in Super Smash Bros. Brawl; his most famous quote.|
|“||Gotta go Fast!||„|
|~ Sonic's catchphrase.|
|“||What you see is what you get! Just a guy that loves adventure! I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!||„|
|~ Sonic in Sonic Adventure 2.|
Sonic the Hedgehog is the titular protagonist of the franchise with the same name. He's the mascot of SEGA.
Sonic is a 15-year-old hedgehog known for his fast speed (hence his name), and his laid-back and cocky attitude towards serious situations. His arch-nemesis is Dr. Eggman, an evil scientist who plans to conquer the world. However, much like Mario and Bowser, Sonic always foils his various schemes, no matter how hopeless or dire the situation may be. Sonic's best friend is Miles "Tails" Prower, who at times acts like a little brother to Sonic and aids him in any way he can. Knuckles the Echidna is another close friend, but was also his first rival, though their rivalry is now much friendlier. Another one of his friends is Amy Rose, who harbors an one-sided crush on him and desires the marry him.
He is also SEGA's mascot. Sonic's rival in the gaming industry used to be Mario, but now they are seen as friendly competitors ever since Sega became third party and started releasing Sonic games for Nintendo systems.
Sonic has also had many voice actors throughout his history. In Japan, Sonic has been voiced by Jun'ichi Kanemaru since 1998. In his first speaking role in Sonic's Schoolhouse, he was voiced by Meg Inglima. In the cartoons, he was voiced by Jaleel White, although in Sonic Underground, his singing voice was provided by Samuel Vincent. From 1999 till 2004, he was voiced by Ryan Drummond. He was later replaced by Jason Griffith, who had previously voiced the character in the English dub of Sonic X and who also voiced Tom on Chaotic. He kept the role until 2010 when he was replaced by Roger Craig Smith, who has voiced Sonic since then; he also voices Ezio Auditore da Firenze from the Assassin's Creed series and Chris Redfield in the Resident Evil and Marvel vs. Capcom series since Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds. In the 2020 live action movie, he is voiced by Ben Schwartz, who also voices Skidmark in Turbo, Dewey Duck in Ducktales, Randy Cunningham in 9th Grade Ninja and Leonardo in 2018 reboot of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Quotes
- 2.1 Normal
- 2.2 Sonic Free Riders
- 2.3 Sonic Generations
- 2.4 Super
- 2.5 Darkspine
- 2.6 Werehog
- 2.7 Excalibur
- 3 Audio
- 4 Theme
- 5 Trivia
- 6 External Link
- 7 Navigation
Sonic is a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog with attitude and plenty of personality who lives up to his name by being able to run at superhuman speeds. One day on South Island, he noticed all of his animal buddies began disappearing and the culprit was none other than Dr. Eggman.
After foiling the doc's plans, Sonic would then make it his business to do in whatever evil plan the doctor cooked up, establishing their long rivalry. Over time, Sonic has faced bigger and larger threats alike while making a whole slew of allies along the way.
Sonic is described as like the wind; unpredictable, and always moving from place to place and never settling down for long. Laid-back, carefree, and armed with a wit as sharp as his quills with an ego to match. He also has a compassionate side and deep down, a heart of gold that always wishes the best for others.
|“||OH NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT LEVER! WHOA...!!!||„|
|~ Sonic screams as the Space Shuttle is spinning out of control.|
|“||Eggman! I AM going to save this planet, and I AM going to free these aliens! No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me!||„|
|~ Sonic's famous line in Sonic Colors.|
|“||If you leave your game, stay safe, stay alert, and whatever you do, don't die! Because if you die outside your own game, you don't regenerate. Ever. Game over.||„|
|~ Sonic's PSA message in Wreck-It Ralph.|
|“||The Ultimate power is fueled by everyone's wish. Let me show ya SUPER SONIC POWER!||„|
|~ Super Sonic in Sonic Adventure 2|
|“||If this is your world, then it's a world that I don't want any part of!||„|
|~ Darkspine Sonic|
|“||[panting] So when the sun goes down, I turn into...THIS?!||„|
|~ Sonic the Werehog|
|“||What good is a world that goes on forever? That sounds pretty lame.||„|
|~ Excalibur Sonic|
Vocals for Sonic the Werehog
- Sonic is the first headlined hero on this site.
- One of the few things that can actually scare Sonic is an enraged Amy chasing him with her Piko Piko Hammer.
- His Sonic Boom and movie counterparts have blue arms (as opposed to flesh colored).
- Despite water being his biggest weakness in the vast majority of continuity's, he was perfectly able to swim in The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Sonic Colors is the only canon game in which Sonic can swim. Although it is in the form of infinite jumps when underwater.
- There is a genome named "Sonic hedgehog".
- Every time Sonic appears in a band, he is either playing the guitar, or a Disc Jockey.
- At one point in Sonic Unleashed, Eggman called Sonic a "hedge-pig". This may be a reference to the fact that "pig" can be synonymous with "hog" and "hedgepig" means "hedgehog" in Shakespearean language.
- In 1993, Sonic was the first video game character to be seen in the Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- In 2011, a second balloon based off of Sonic's modern design appeared in the Thanksgiving Day Parade to celebrate Sonic's 20th anniversary.
- His favorite food is chili dogs.
- Sonic and his best friend Tails makes an appearance in an OK KO: Let's Be Heroes! episode titled "Let's Meet Sonic".
- Sonic makes his appearance in Ready Player One. He can also be briefly seen waiting in line for access to a portal in the OASIS. Sonic is also being seen during the final battle in the OASIS.
- He was born on Christmas Island.
- Sonic made an appearance in the YouTube series, Cartoon Beatbox Battles, when he went against his greatest rival, Mario, in the 8th episode and won. He also went against his friendly rival, the Black Panther (who previously won against Batman), in the 12th episode, but lost.
- Sonic's favorite sport is baseball.
- Similar to Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse, Sonic and Mario are best known for their friendly-rivalry and friendship, and they always get along with each other.
- To celebrate Sonic's 30th birthday, he officially became a virtual YouTuber, voiced by his official Japanese voice actor Jun'ichi Kanemaru.
Mega Man Classic
Mega Man X
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man Battle Network/NT Warrior
Mega Man Star Force
|The Headlined Heroes|