|“||When am I going to get the hang of being a superhero and a photographer at the same time?||„|
Spider-Man, real name Peter Parker, is the titular main protagonist of Spider-Man: The Animated Series. This version of Spider-Man is from the animated series that ran on television from November 19, 1994 – January 31, 1998. In the series, Spider-Man defeats select villains while juggling his own love life as Peter Parker. Spider-Man/Peter Parker is mainly voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes (who also voiced Prince Eric) in all the episodes, while being voiced by Jim Cummings as his mutant monstrous ego, Man-Spider for a few of the show's episodes.
This Spider-Man explores a certain aspect of his mythos in each season. This includes: the origin story of Venom, the misadventures with the meddlesome Madame Web, the formation of the Insidious Six (Sinister Six in the comics), and the alliances Spider-Man forged with various other heroes.
Powers and Abilities
- Spider-Physiology: After being bitten by a spider that had been exposed to the Neogenic Recombinator's radioactive ray, Spider-Man possesses the proportionate powers of a spider. He has increased strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, reflexes and highly acute senses. He has the ability to stick to walls and heal a lot faster than normal humans. His powers include:
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Man possseses the proportionate strength of a spider, allowing him to easily overpower humans, lift heavy objects and jump or leap to great distances.
- Superhuman Speed: With the proportionate speed of a spider, Spider-Man can run at speeds that are faster than average humans.
- Superhuman Stamina: With an improved stamina, Spider-Man is able to perform physcial activities for a longer period.
- Superhuman Durability: Spider-Man's body is physically tougher and incredibly durable than a normal human, allowing him to survive great impacts.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man's agility and bodily coordination are all enhanced to superhuman levels, allowing him to perform several types of acrobatics and gymnastics.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Spider-Man's balance and flexibility is far greater than a normal human, allowing him to balance perfectly on any object without wobbling.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man's reflexes are enhanced which are far greater than a normal human, allowing him to dodge at any attack, even when he is far away.
- Superhuman Senses: With his senses greatly enhanced, Spider-Man is able to sense anyone like most real spiders do.
- Spider-Sense: His most important power, a tingling sensation in his skull that warns him of impending danger, allowing him to sense it before any danger could really occur.
- Wall-Crawling: Like a spider, Spider-Man is able to stick to surfaces by using his fingertips and feet.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Spider-Man possesses a rapid healing factor that allows him to regenerate from harm greater than normal humans.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Possessing a keen scientific mind, Peter is able to invent his own web-shooters and can solve several complex problems. His high intellect makes him a skilled tactician, inventor and detective as he is capable of solving mysteries. He is also capable of making incredibly annoying jokes which irriates his allies and enemies.
- Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Despite lack of training, Spider-Man is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant thanks to his amazing superhuman physiology. He has foughted several supervillains and his fighting abilities are superior to that of Wolverine as he defeated him easily.
- Master Acrobat and Gymnast: Spider-Man is an excellent acrobat and gymnast thanks to his superhuman agility and reflexes. He can perform several types of acrobatics and gymnastics when he is in a fight with his enemies.