|“||Ahahaha. That's my boy.||„|
|~ Spike's catchphrase for Tyke.|
|~ Spike Catchphrase to Tom.|
Spike Bulldog (simply known as Spike) is a main character of the animated series Tom and Jerry. Though he is also a protector of sorts towards Jerry, sometimes going as far as being an enforcer of sorts to the mischievous rodent - however there is no denying that Spike is often unjustly cruel towards Tom (a stereotype of dog/cat rivalry) and although he often gives Tom several chances to avoid his wrath he will attack the cat viciously once those chances have been spent and not knowing it was Jerry who was really causing all of the disturbance and trouble had put on himself, his son and Tom and stealing his bones and messing up his son. After beating Tom, he is shown having a good time and resting peacefully with Tyke Bulldog along with Jerry the real culprit. Spike and his mother, He called his mother "mom".
Tom often tries to get revenge on Spike, as in general, he is a bully in regards to Tom and threatens bodily harm to the cat, to the point of making Tom fear for his live on numerous occasions.
Spike can also be friendly with Jerry Mouse and his son when he wants to be and is seen to be a caring father, showing that although a fierce opponent he isn't entirely without merit.
- 1 Tv Shows
- 2 Movies
- 2.1 Tom and Jerry: Blast Off to Mars
- 2.2 Tom and Jerry: The Magic Ring
- 2.3 Tom and Jerry: The Fast and The Furry
- 2.4 Tom and Jerry: Shiver Me Whiskers
- 2.5 Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes
- 2.6 Tom and Jerry: Robin Hood and his Merry Mouse
- 2.7 Tom and Jerry's Giant Adventure
- 2.8 Tom and Jerry: Spy Quest
- 2.9 Tom and Jerry: Return to Oz
- 2.10 Tom and Jerry: In Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- 2.11 Tom and Jerry (2021)
- 3 Quotes
- 4 Heroic Acts
- 5 Gallery
- 6 See also
- 7 Navigation
Tom And Jerry Kids
In Super Duper Spike: Tyke was upset that Hunk was sick so Spike dressed him to impressive his son.
Tom And Jerry Tales
Spike first appears in Feeding Time as a zookeeper when he order Tom to keep a eye the visitors so nobodies feeds the animals until Jerry feeds them so he can get Tom fired.
The Tom and Jerry Show (2014)
Tom and Jerry: Blast Off to Mars
Spikes was at the garden trying to have bone for his dinner until Tom ruins Spike's dinner and began to cry, then he appears again when Jerry took his bone putting into the robot's head Spike destroy the robot he got his bone and went back his house until the robot's hand chops the kennel and the bone until Spike began to cry again then before the end the robot controlled by Spike where he repairs the robot to take revenge on Tom.
Tom and Jerry: The Magic Ring
Spike was at the pet shop along with Tyke in the cage when they saw Tom so they start attack him, they got out of the cage and they chase after Tom, along with Butch,Alley Cat and the police cars then Jerry uses The Magic Rings to freezes them in the end they reappear and chase after Tom.
Tom and Jerry: The Fast and The Furry
Spike was seen sleeping in his dog house until nuts drops on his head, he grabs Tom hits his head, strangled him then the plane hits him but just about tries attack Tom he blows On Spike until he appears again grabs an axe he thinks he cuts Tom's head then he chase after him before he runs out the the house and flies to Borneo make sure he wasn't get in to trouble from the woman, later he was seen lying in the hammock having a drink until Tom lands on him before Spike tries attack him a car lands on Spike knock on him unconscious.
Tom and Jerry: Shiver Me Whiskers
Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes
Spike along with his Tyke was seen as a security guard at the museum and in the end of the movie they arrest these cats.
Tom and Jerry: Robin Hood and his Merry Mouse
Tom and Jerry's Giant Adventure
Spike along his Tyke was been captured by The Giant.
Tom and Jerry: Spy Quest
Spike and Tyke was seen at the beach.
Tom and Jerry: Return to Oz
Tom and Jerry: In Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Tom and Jerry (2021)
|“||No more funny business.||„|
|“||I'm gonna skin you alive.||„|
|~ Spike to Tom|
|“||Listen, pussy cat, if I catch you bothering my boy again, I'll tear you apart! Now beat it!||„|
|~ Spike to Tom after Jerry makes him in trouble while watching Tyke.|
|“||There's gonna be trouble!||„|
|“||Wait a minute pussy cat, ever since I was a pup I wanna a little place on my own and I still want it, but if one more thing happens to my little dream house, THERE'S GOING TO BE MURDER!||„|
|~ Spike after Tom hits him and his dream house|
|“||Listen pussy cat, he's clean now, and he better be clean when I get back! And if he ain't, I'll tear you limb from limb, understand?||„|
|~ Spike when Tom pushes Tyke in the mud|
|“||Listen pussy cat, My boy is learning how to chase cats, and I Do want him to have any trouble. Understand? When he starts barkin', you start climbin'. Is that clear?||„|
|~ Spike The Bulldog in That's My Pup|
|“||I've been framed.||„|
|~ Spike in Tom's Photo Finish.|
Despite his abusive nature towards Tom and at times, overall xenophobic behavior towards cats in general, Spike has shown that he can be a good person deep down on multiple occasions:
- Makes peace with Tom Cat and Jerry Mouse through a treaty in "The Truce Hurts", later rescuing Tom from being eaten by an insane dog.
- Attempts to save his son Tyke Bulldog from danger on numerous occasions.
- Protects Tom Cat and/or Jerry Mouse at times depending on the occasion.
- Guards an expensive diamond and faces Tin, Pan, and Alley once and for all along with his son Tyke in "Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes".
- Saves his son Tyke from being framed as a stray dog in "Give and Tyke".
- Guards the house from Butch Cat and his friends invading it in "Scat Cats".
- Saves Jerry and Tuffy from Meathead, and stands up against him for refusing to save him and Tom as well as making fun of them in "Cruisin' for a Brusin'".
- During the new 2014 series, Spike can be very supportive toward Jerry and sometimes Tom on several occasions.
- In times of crisis, Spike generally tries the hardest of Rick and Ginger's pets to keep a level head and solve whatever problem is at hand.
- In certain episodes, such as "Cruising For A Bruising", "Pipeline" and "Hunger Strikes", Spike becomes the glue holding the household together.