|“||My name? In your language, it would be "Star Fire".||„|
|“||My world was conquered... I'll not let that happen to this planet, too. You can't understand-- I won't let this planet die!||„|
|“||On Tamaran we appreciate the past. We respect it. But we don't live there. We live here. Now. In the moment.||„|
|~ Prime-Earth Starfire.|
Starfire real name Koriand'r is a superheroine from DC Comics who is most famous as a member of the Teen Titans and was one of the main heroes in the 2003 animated series of the same name. She was a Tamaranean princess who fled to Earth after enduring torture from the alien conquerors, the Citadel. On Earth, she befriended Robin and his allies, thus joining them in the formation of the Teen Titans. Starfire would later become a member of the Justice League, Justice Society International, the Outsiders, and the Titans. Additionally, she is one of the main love-interest of Dick Grayson, the first Robin.
Starfire has appeared in numerous cartoon television shows and films, including as a member of the Teen Titans in Cartoon Network's eponymous series, voiced by Hynden Walch. Koriand'r makes her live adaptation debut in the DC Universe series Titans, played by Anna Diop.
She was created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, and first appeared in DC Comics Presents # 26 in October of 1980.
Koriand'r is a beautiful princess of an alien race known as the Tamarans. After her kingdom was overthrown, Koriand'r escaped to Earth and found herself among the Teen Titans. Using her ability to absorb knowledge through her lips, Koriand'r kissed Dick Grayson and acquired the ability to speak English.
Koriand'r was born on Tamaran to King Myand'r and Queen Luand'r, and is the younger sister to Komand'r and her brother Ryand'r. Komand'r was the first in the line of succeeding the throne but was robbed of this due to being crippled by a childhood illness, not allowing her to the ability convert ultraviolet light into flight energy. As a result, Koriand'r was given the title, as Komand'r was considered unworthy, causing a bitter rivalry to grow.
When the two were sent to train with the warlords of Okaara, Komand'r ran away and allied herself with the Citadel. The Citadel used Komand'r's information to invade Tamaran, and the king and queen turned Koriand'r over to the group to ensure peace. For six years, Koriandr was tortured and sexually abused until she and her sister were released to the Psions for experimentation. Koriand'r managed to break free when forces loyal to Komand'r attacked the Psion ship, using starbolts to help free her sister. Komand'r struck her sister down with a starbolt, and had her restrained for later execution.
Koriand'r managed to escape and found her way to Earth, where she gained the help of the Teen Titans. She decided to remain with the team, and took the name Starfire, and formed a romantic relationship with the team's leader, Dick Grayson. Starfire later married two Tamaranian men, Prince Karras to seal a peace treaty, and General Ph'yzzon out of love.
Both of them perished n battle, and Starfire later fell in love with Franklin Crandall, who was revealed to be a freelance spy working for H.I.V.E. and was eventually killed. Starfire and Robin almost married, but their wedding was interrupted by Raven, who had followed in the footsteps of Trigon, her father. In addition, she had a casual relationship with Captain Comet, but he clearly more in love with her than she was.
Later on, Starfire became a mentor and teacher for the new members of the Teen Titans, and eventually became a member of Batman's team, the Outsiders. After battling Alexander Luthor, Jr. and Superboy-Prime, Starfire, Animal Man, and Adam Strange were stranded on a planet. After several weeks, Adam was able to get a ship to go, and they departed for Earth. The ship was attacked by Devilance, but they were saved by Lobo, who agreed to help them. When it was believed that Animal Man had died in a battle against Lady Styx, Starfire took it upon herself to bring his jacket back to his family on Earth, but she discovered that he was still alive.
Prime EarthOn Prime Earth, Koriand'r was the youngest daughter born to the First House of Tamaran, and she lived a peaceful life until the Citadel attacked her home planet. The Citadel was operated under the order of the Dominators, and they killed Koriandr's family, with the exception of her sister, Komand'r. Koriandr's older sister was later appointed as the leader of the Tamaran, and Komand'r was forced to publicly banished her sister from the planet. She was taken to the Citadel and was experimented on, and was later discarded on the prison Takron.
Koriand'r managed to survive the prison due to rage, and when retailing against a Citadelian guard, she was enslaved and drugged. Eventually, she was forced to work on a slave ship called the S.S. Starfire, where she met and befriended Rebel Citadelian, Orn. Koriand'r began training in secret with Orn, and the two managed to empower the slaves on the ship to overthrow the Citadelian guards, leading a rebellion that freed the aliens. Koriand'r then took control of the ship and liberated the people of Tamaran, and became known through the galaxy as Starfire.
RelationshipsRaven went rogue and fought her fellow Titans. The two realized this was a wake-up call and that they weren't right for each other. Even though they split up, it's implied Koriand'r still has feelings for Nightwing.
Donna was Koriand'r's first real friend. When Donna became a photographer, Koriand'r often modeled for her. The two have even been bridesmaids at each other's weddings.
In an alternate future, however, Buddy and Koriand'r shared a kiss when he sank into a depression. The two immediately realized what they were doing and kept their distance from then on.
Powers and Abilities
Tamaranean Physiology: Starfire's alien physiology constantly showing her capabilities when angered or when one of her friends are in danger. Starfire's abilities and powers are directly controlled by her emotional state; to use them she must consciously access a given emotion.
- Fly: Starfire can fly under her own power. She needs to feel unbridled joy.
- High-Speed Flight: In space, this flight can achieve speeds much faster than light.
- Bright-Green Energy Projection: Starfire can project bright green glowing energy from her hands. She mainly uses this attack by throwing small bursts of pure bright green energy from her hands, known as "starbolts". The amount of pure energy she can produce at one time can extend to enormous proportions. She needs to feel righteous fury.
- Bright-Green Energy Beam: She has also been shown to shoot this energy in the form of large beams.
- Bright-Green Eye Lasers: After going through the Tamaranean version of puberty, she gained the power to channel the energy through her eyes as green beams. This is largely reserved as a surprise attack, or when her limbs are restrained.
- Bright-Green Energy Spheres: On rare occasions, Starfire can a complete sphere of energy around her.
- Bright-Green Energy Explosions: Starfire can create a sudden explosion of bright green glowing energy around her, having the immense and highly destructive capability to blow away any enemies in the perimeter of the blast.
- Self-Sustenance: Starfire can survive in the vacuum of space without any sort of protection or survival gear. She also doesn't get as cold as others and will be unharmed by very cold weather.
- Invulnerability: Starfire has demonstrated moderate invulnerability to physical harm. When Robin smacked her with his staff, it completely shattered.
- Heat, Cold, & Radiation Immunity: She also is invulnerable to extreme temperatures, and radiation.
- Superhuman Strength: Starfire has great strength and it appears to be considerably greater than Cyborg's. She could shake the entire city (or at least a large part of it) by slamming her fists on the ground. Starfire can also deliver a powerful kick to Cinderblock which forced him to release his grip on her, she also mentioned to the latter of how powerful she can be prior to kicking him. She needs to boundless confidence.
- Language Assimilation: Starfire can learn any language instantaneously through lip contact. She can currently speak English, Tamaranean, and Japanese.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: During her fight with Robin, after being smashed into a car, she cracked her neck to rid the pain in her back.
- Immense Agility: Starfire has shown great agility over the known human standards. Although not as agile as Robin she has shown great agility without any known training. She was seen doing many backflips and back handsprings, as well as running up a vertical building while dodging Thunder's powerful bolts.
Advanced Hand-to-Hand Combat: Starfire displayed some great fighting skills. Even when hand cuffed, she could hold her own against a handful of Gordanians and even the Titans when she first came to Earth.
|“||I will not let despair dim my flame!||„|
|~ Starfire in Injustice 2|
|“||It was the only way you could save us. But you're not in this alone. We can save each other.||„|
|“||I suggest a pizza with pickles, bananas and mint frosting.||„|
|~ Starfire in the Teen Titans animated series|
|“||Farewell, sister. Although you did betray and attack me, it was still... very nice to see you.||„|
|~ Starfire in the Teen Titans animated series|
|“||I still believe in friendship.||„|
|“||You hide a wounded heart. Vengeance can not bring him back.||„|
|~ Starfire to Raiden about Liu Kang's death|
|“||At least we fight for what's right.||„|
|“||You could have simply told us this and asked for are help.||„|
|“||You're not his slaves anymore. Be your own hero.||„|
- Ranked 21st on IGN's "Top 25 Heroes of DC Comics" in 2013.
- Ranked 20th in Comics Buyer's Guide's "100 Sexiest Women in Comics" list.
- Starfire (Teen Titans 2003)
- Starfire (Teen Titans Go!)
- Starfire (DC Animated Film Universe)
- Starfire (Injustice)
- Starfire (DC Super Hero Girls)
|Teen Titans Members|