|“||I know what it's like to lead by fear and intimidation! And I know what it's like to want everypony to do what you say! But I was wrong. A real leader doesn't force her subjects to deny who they are! She celebrates what makes them unique and listens when one of them finds a better way!||„|
|~ Starlight Glimmer.|
Starlight Glimmer is one of the recurring characters and a former antagonist in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. She first served as the main antagonist in the season 5 premiere, The Cutie Map and later reformed in the two-part finale The Cutie Re-Mark. From season 6 onward she becomes a supporting heroic character. She is kind-hearted, calm, positive, sweet, and confident as well as remorseful, friendlier, and happier.
- 1 Personality
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Power and abilities
- 4 Episodes and appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Navigation
In the season six premiere, she is portrayed as timid and easily unnerved, especially when it comes to the prospect of reuniting with Sunburst. In the finale, Starlight demonstrates an aversion to being in a leadership role due to her past actions, though she proves to have a natural talent for it and eventually overcomes her fears.
From the season seven premiere and onward, Starlight is more confident and determined but she still needed Twilight's help so she decides not to leave the castle, much to Twilight's delight.
In Rock Solid Friendship, Starlight displays a keen knowledge and interest in kites.
Starlight is a unicorn, with light purple coat, dark blue eyes and purple with light green lining mane. She has a cutie mark that's the shape of a compass with a swirl line. In Season 5, her mane style was bang cutted straight and flat while the back is long and curled in back. From Season 6 and onward, Starlight's mane was changed to a swirl, exposing her big bald spot on her forehead. Her mane style often keeps changing sides. In addition, a piece of her mane on the back is seen hanging on either side.
When she was a filly, before getting her cutie mark, her mane was like her old one except it was tied with ribbons.
As a human, Starlight wears a light green shirt, a black vest, gray pants, and black shoes. She has a magenta hat on her head and a watch on her left hand.
Power and abilities
Starlight Glimmer is a very powerful unicorn. From her true cutie mark, it can be presumed her special talent is magic. Her signature spell is the ability to drain a pony's talent by stealing their cutie mark, replacing it with an equal sign. However, she needs to keep stolen marks in some kind of container, lest they will return to their former owners.
In No Second Prances, Starlight makes a multi-layered cake in seconds and turns the normally laconic Big McIntosh into a figurative motormouth talking machine. In Every Little Thing She Does, she demonstrates a talent for teleportation, transfiguration, super speed, self-duplication, and mind control. In To Where and Back Again - Part 1, Starlight demonstrates invisibility to hide herself and Trixie from the Changelings.
In All Bottled Up, Starlight explains that her own magic is tied to her emotions—the stronger she feels, the stronger her magic.
Episodes and appearances
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
- The Crystalling - Part 1
- The Crystalling - Part 2
- No Second Prances
- A Hearth's Warming Tail
- Spice Up Your Life (no lines)
- The Times They Are A Changeling
- Every Little Thing She Does
- Top Bolt (no lines)
- To Where and Back Again - Part 1
- To Where and Back Again - Part 2
- Celestial Advice
- All Bottled Up
- Rock Solid Friendship
- Fluttershy Leans In (no lines)
- Hard to Say Anything (mentioned)
- A Royal Problem
- Fame and Misfortune
- Triple Threat
- To Change a Changeling
- It Isn't the Mane Thing About You
- Uncommon Bond
- Shadow Play - Part 1
- Shadow Play - Part 2
- School Daze - Part 1
- School Daze - Part 2
- The Maud Couple
- Fake It 'Til You Make It (no lines)
- Horse Play
- The Parent Map
- Marks for Effort
- The Mean 6
- A Matter of Principles
- The End in Friend
- Road to Friendship
- Father Knows Beast (no lines)
- School Raze - Part 1
- School Raze - Part 2
- The Beginning of the End Part 1
- The Beginning of the End Part 2
- Sparkle's Seven
- She's all Yak (cameo)
- Frenemies (cameo)
- Student Counsel
- The Last Crusade (no lines)
- 2,4,6 Greaaat (no lines)
- A Trivial Pursuit (mention)
- A Horse Shoe In
- The Ending of the End Part 1
- The Ending of the End Part 2
- The Last Problem
- My Little Pony The Movie (cameo)
- My Little Pony Best Gift Ever (cameo)
Friendship is Magic
- Ponies of Dark Water (cameo)
- Chaos Theory
- Wings Over Yakyakistan
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Issue #57
- Queen for One Less Day
- Happy Haunts (cameo)
Legends of Magic
- She has a similar color scheme to Aria Blaze and (originally) a similar mane-style to Sonata Dusk.
- To Change a Changeling and Student Council are the only episodes in which Starlight appears without any of the Mane Six.
- Despite being redeemed, Starlight still made poor decisions like "mind controlling the Mane 5", "switching the royal sisters cutie marks" and "trading Trixie's wagon without permission". But sometimes she managed to come through with them and some to make up for.