| This stub is making Kirby sad.|
This article or section is a stub. You can help the Heroes Wiki by expanding it!
What are you waiting for? GO!
|“||Well, I hope this experience hasn't put any of you off flying. Statistically speaking, it's still the safest way to travel.||„|
|~ Superman after saving the plane from crashing|
Superman is the titular main protagonist of the 2006 superhero film Superman Returns.
He is played by Brandon Routh, who would later play another DC superhero, Ray Palmer/The Atom.
After eliminating General Zod & the other Kryptonian arch-villains, Ursa & Non, Superman leaves Earth to try to find his former home world of Krypton after astronomers have supposedly found it. But he finds nothing but remnants and he returns home to Earth. When Clark returns to the Daily Planet, he discovers that Lois Lane is engaged to Richard White, the nephew of his boss, Perry White and she also has a son named Jason. To make matters worse, Lex Luthor is at it again - after swindling an elderly, terminally ill woman. The psychopathic Luthor, whose plans to destroy California failed because of Superman's heroics, vows vengeance against the Man of Steel and contrives a new sinister plot - using the crystals of Krypton to build a continent that will wipe out most of North America! Embedded in the continent's structure is Kryptonite - the lethal substance that is Superman's only weakness. Upon learning of Luthor's sinister scheme, Superman must again race against time to stop the psychopathic Luthor before millions - possibly billions - are killed.
- Paul Walker, Will Smith, Josh Hartnett, Matt Bomer, Brendan Fraser, Ashton Kutcher, David Boreanaz, Hayden Christensen, Jerry O'Connell, Henry Cavill, Ian Somerhalder, Jim Caviezel, Jason Behr, Jared Padalecki and Ryan McPartlin were all considered for the role before Routh was cast. Cavill would later play the character in the DCEU.
- Director Bryan Singer became interested in possibly hiring Routh, he arranged for them to meet in a coffee shop. When they met at their table, Routh stumbled and spilled hot coffee all over the table. Although he panicked, thinking he had just lost the part, Singer laughed and said it actually helped him get the part. The incident convinced Singer that Routh could pull off the clumsy, bumbling Clark Kent.
- Brandon Routh put on twenty pounds of muscle for the role.
- Brandon Routh accepted the role without reading the script.
- Brandon Routh has naturally brown eyes, Superman on the other hand has baby blue eyes. For his role, Routh had to wear blue contacts. When asked in an interview how they made his eyes blue he said "Blue prescription contacts, because I wear contacts myself. They were a little bit infuriating, because they were painted. There was white around them, and I would blink and they'd shift. I think they've had to go and retouch some stuff, I'm sure."