|“||This pup's so good at being bad!||„|
Sweetie is a recurring character in PAW Patrol and the main antagonist of the "Mission PAW" miniseries and one of main protagonists in "Jet to the Rescue". She is the pet of Princess Ashleigh Melissa Marie Rory of Barkingburg.
She is voiced by Anya Cooke.
Sweetie is shown to be antagonistic, sneaky, greedy, and spoiled rotten. She has a British accent and often pretends to be nice when around the princess and Earl to manipulate them. She does not appear to be afraid of the PAW Patrol as she has invited and mockingly told them to catch her after stealing the Barkingburg royal crown. She also uses her cuteness to trick others into getting what she wants. She is a picky eater and hates fish, bananas, and normal dog food.
She is ambitious and determined. She refuses to give up on her goal to become the queen of Barkingburg. Her overconfidence is often her own undoing because she sometimes fails to foresee how her plans could go wrong.
She owns a robotic toy frog named Busby whom she considers her minion.
When her plans go wrong or she is punished, she tends to blame others for her mistakes, primarily directing her anger towards Busby.
She is rather indifferent to the Princess and has no qualms with backstabbing her and/or taking advantage of her naivety. However, in "Jet to the Rescue", she revealed a more anti-heroic side and was not happy when she saw that the Princess was in danger, showing that she has standards and that she actually does care for her owner. She saved the castle from floating away. At the end, though, she tried to nab the Princess's necklace, meaning that she hasn't gotten over her greed completely. She did stop when she was given a new tiara, much to her delight and gratitude towards the Princess, as she participated in an airshow with the PAW Patrol as part of Skye's birthday present for the Princess.
Sweetie is a smaller puppy (around Skye's size). She has white fur, purple eyes, pink eye shadow on her eyelids, and a dark brown nose. She has pointy triangular ears with fluff on the inside and fluff on each of her cheeks. Some fur acts as her bangs. When in her Mission PAW uniform, her bangs are slicked back into a new hairstyle.
Her casual outfit is a magenta tiara and a magenta collar with a pink "crown" attached to it. The "crown" acts as a remote control to control Busby and it glows when activated.
Her Mission PAW uniform is a black suit with pink and white trims. Instead of a normal Mission PAW or PAW Patrol pup-tag, she wears a crown pup-tag.
Her pink vest is rose with lighter rose details like her Mission PAW uniform. Her Jet Rescue uniform is rose with black undertones and teal highlighting the helmet, visor, and her collar. Her pup-tag is now silver. She is given a different tiara, which appears golden with real jewels, in "Jet to the Rescue".
- Sweetie is considered to be a West Highland White Terrier.
- She is the second animal (seventh if one counts the Kitten Catastrophe Crew as separate antagonists) to be an antagonist in the series, the first being the Kitten Catastrophe Crew, and the first example of a pup antagonist.
- She is the third female pup overall.
- She was originally going to be voiced by Brianna Daguanno, who is also the voice of Luna Girl on Disney Junior's PJ Masks. However, she was replaced with Anya Cooke before the episode was released.
- When Sweetie laughs, it usually ends with a snort.
- It is unknown as to who gave Sweetie her uniform, vest, vehicle and it is also unknown as to why she has this kind of equipment. Despite her uniform's similarities to the PAW Patrol and their Mission PAW's uniforms, it is likely they are unrelated to the PAW Patrol as Sweetie's uniform lacks the PAW Patrol's paw symbol and she wears a crown tag instead of a pup-tag. Given Sweetie's personality, it is likely that she may have used her position as royal pup of Barkingburg to acquire her uniform, pup-pack, vehicles, and her robotic toy minion Busby. Presumably like Mayor Humdinger's Kitten Catastrophe Crew, Sweetie may have used the PAW Patrol as inspiration for her gear, albeit personalized for Sweetie. In addition to her crown pup-tag, when she takes control of the Air Patroller using Busby, the Mission PAW logo is replaced by a crown logo on view screens. The crown likely represents her obsession with becoming the queen of Barkingburg.
- She is revealed to suffer from stage fright in "Mission PAW: Pups Save a Royal Concert".
- She has a self-portrait painting in the Adventure Bay museum.
- In "Jet to the Rescue", she is shown to be slightly nicer.
- She is the first antagonist to willingly switch sides for the greater good, which may make her the first antagonist to either be an antihero or neutral good.
- If Sweetie possibly appears in more episodes, she may gain a Sea Patrol uniform, Air Rescue uniform, Ultimate Rescue uniform, a Mighty Pup uniform or a Dino Rescue uniform if she ever travels outside of Barkingburg or possibly visits the Dino Wilds or Adventure Bay.
- She is the first character to not get toys of her released until later in the series.
- Even after being redeemed in "Jet to the Rescue*, Chase still doesn't trust her after everything she's done before.
- Sweetie on Villains Wiki.
The Loud House
Oh Yeah! Cartoons
The Fairly OddParents
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
The Mighty B!
Pig Goat Banana Cricket
The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss
Dora the Explorer/Go, Diego, Go!/Dora and Friends
Santiago of the Seas
See Also: Cartoon Network Heroes