|“||Good day, I'm Submarine Tender Taigei. I may be inexperienced, but I am glad to be of service.||„|
|“||Carrier Ryuuhou, remodeled from a Submarine Tender. I'll once again try my best as a carrier||„|
She wears a white and blue serafuku with a red tie (identical to Shigure Kai2's) under an apron with a picture of a whale on it. A whale-shaped pin is placed on the apron, at the level of her right kidney. On her back is her smokestack and a crane, hanging from her right shoulder is a bag full of torpedoes (presumably to refill her submarines, considering that she cannot use them) and she holds a bucket full of veggies. On her neck is either a tiny whale necklace or a blue magatama. Additionally, she wears black pantyhose and sandals.
She has dark purple hair with low twintails, feathered hair flaps and a ahoge as well as red eyes.
As Ryuuhou, she wears a magenta haori with floral patterns on the sleeves and hem on top of her similarly recolored serafuku. As she became an Archer-type Aircraft Carrier, she now holds a yumi bow, wears muneate and yugake, a quiver full of plane-arrows and her flight deck is attached to her left arm. Unlike the others, her flight deck is actually a flexible piece of armour instead of the usual rigid piece of wood. The whale clip has moved to being on her hair on her left side and she now wears a hairband.
After remodeling, her clothes turn teal, her flight deck significantly increases in size and now features a camo design. The necklace is now absent, her tie has been tied differently (now like Yuudachi Kai2) and she gains a radar hairclip.
- Started as a Submarine Tender until December 1941, when conversion into a Light Aircraft Carrier began.
- Was the only major IJN vessel to be struck during the Doolittle Raid, which delayed her launch as a CVL.
- Last Aircraft Carrier to sail overseas from Japan
- Ryuuhou's hair band bears resemblance to the Ensign of Japan Post (Japan's Postal service).
- Ryuuhou's Kai art is based on her real-life camouflage.
- "Taigei" means "big whale", thus the design on her Taigei form's dress and Ryuuhou form's hairpin. "Ryuuhou" means "dragon phoenix".
- She is one of two ships in-game that were released with a second remodel in the same update. The other is U-511.