This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||True gems sparkle even in the absence of light.||„|
|“||To protect all.||„|
Taric, also know as The Shield of Valoran, is a playable champion in the MOBA game League of Legends. A Demacian by birth, Taric was a knight in the Dauntless Vanguard, who was disgraced by the military after abandoning his post. As punishment, he was sentenced by Garen Crownguard to make the treacherous climb up Mount Targon. After succeeding in this feat, Taric became the Aspect of Protector, and now has a mission to preserve all life and beauty of Runeterra.
One of the first champion to release in the game, Taric was release in August 19, 2009, mostly common played support role.
Taric is a host to the Aspect of the Protector, wielding incredible power as Runeterra’s guardian of life, love, and beauty. Shamed by a dereliction of duty and exiled from his homeland of Demacia, Taric climbed Mount Targon to find redemption, only to discover a higher calling among the stars. Imbued with the might of a celestial being, the "Shield of Valoran" now stands ever vigilant, against any who would threaten the people of this world.
Taric is a Enchanter/Warden hybrid champion that excels at close-quarters, healing and protecting his allies while being much more resilient than the average support.
- His passive, Bravado, causes Taric's next two basic attacks after using an ability to swing faster, deal bonus damage based on his armor and reduce his basic abilities' cooldowns.
- His first ability, Starlight's Touch, passively stores charges over time, up to five; Taric also gains a charge for each Bravado-enhanced basic attack. When activated, Taric spends all charges to heal himself and nearby allies based on his max health, with the heal increasing for each charge spent.
- His second ability, Bastion, passively grants Taric increased armor. When activated, Taric shields himself and a nearby allied champion based on their max health. Additionally, Taric becomes linked to the ally he used Bastion on, lasting until either of them dies or he uses it on a new target. While Taric is close to his linked ally, they receive Bastion's bonus armor, and Taric's other abilities will be replicated from their position.
Taric is the assigned protector of the entire planet and all that resides on it. He is willing to wade right through two armies to defend a flower, simply because it is the last of its kind. Likewise, Taric climbed Mt. Targon seeking redemption for failing his men, and even his new role as the Aspect of Protection has hints of making amends.
- Taric appeance resemble heavily by Fabio Lanzoni.
- He also shares a resemblance to Vanilla Ice from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.