The Boov are an intergalactic race of aliens in Almost Home and Home.
- Smek - Captain (formerly), DJ (premumably)
- Officer Kyle - Officer and a member of Boov Control.
- Oh - Furtive Boov (formerly), Captain
- The Boov can change color when they're under extreme emotion.
- Red - anger and/or frustration.
- Green - lying.
- Yellow - timid and/or frightened.
- Blue - sad and/or depressed.
- Orange- happy.
- Pink - love and/or affection.
- Pale/White - overwhelmed and/or shocked (usually faint)
- If the Boov listen to music, their bodies automatically dance to the rhythm.
- The Boov are not all the same shade of purple. Not taking into account their color change when showing emotions, their skin seems to span a range of different shades (this is particularly easy to see during scenes on the crowded ship). It appears that there might actually be seven different shades of "normal" Boov skin tones. If that is the case, it might be a nod to the seven different Boov genders that are discussed in the book that the movie is based on (Adam Rex's "The True Meaning of Smekday").
- The Boov are highly omnivorous, and can ingest almost anything that humans would find inedible. They also seem to enjoy the taste of rubber.
- Boov possess grammar that is somewhat juvenile compared to that of humans.
- Rather than having only two genders (male and female), Boov possess seven different biological sexes. It is unknown what role each gender has in reproduction, but it can be assumed that Boov reproduction is more complicated than that of most other races.
- Boov have skeletons made primarily of cartilage.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.