|“||I need friends. People are difficult. They require a lot of focus. They, uh... they have, like, a rhythm that I haven't quite been able to... like brunch! Like, what is brunch? You wait in line for an hour for, essentially, lunch. I mean... I don't know. People are a little slow.||„|
|~ Barry Allen to Bruce Wayne on why he wants to join the team.|
|“||It's really cool you guys seem ready to do battle and stuff, but I've never done battle. I've just pushed some people and run away.||„|
|~ The Flash to Batman.|
Bartholomew Henry "Barry" Allen, also known as The Flash, is a superhero in the DC Extended Universe. He is a minor character in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad, and a supporting character in both versions of Justice League. He is a young superhero who wants to prove his father's innocence for his mother's murder, and was later recruited into joining the Justice League to stop the New God Steppenwolf.
Barry is portrayed by Ezra Miller, who also portrays Credence Barebone in the Fantastic Beasts film series.
- 1 Personality
- 2 History
- 3 DC Extended Universe
- 4 Powers & Abilities
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Navigation
|“||You can be whatever you want to be. You're brilliant, man. Absolute best of the best. I can't sit here and watch you run in place in Central City for some old dude who is not going anywhere.||„|
|~ Henry to his son, Barry.|
Barry Allen is remarkably intelligent yet also innocent, naive and quiet insecure with his fellow teammates, while telling Batman that he "need friends". During real battle, he is total afraid saying that he never was in a real battle and "only pushing people", however he is completely powerful and has strong attacks, driven for justice, but also seeking to help his father from prison.
Bartholomew Henry "Barry" Allen was born on September 30th, 1992 to Henry and Nora Allen, and later protested his father's innocence when he was sent to prison for Nora's murder. Barry became determined to prove his father's innocence, and began to study forensic science to become a member of the police department. During his youth, Barry became friends with Iris West, and went off to Central City University after high school.
DC Extended Universe
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
The Flash makes a small cameo, telling Bruce Wayne to "search for us" which means to find the members of the league, before Bruce wakes up. Diana Prince later sees footage of Barry stopping a thief in a store, using his super speed to stop the robber before he could hurt the cashier.
The Flash makes a small cameo appearance, as he appears in a flashback showing how he stopped Captain Boomerang, which lead to his arrest. After the events of Enchantress, Bruce Wayne met with Amanda Waller to give him files on metahumans he could recruit into his team, which included The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, and June Moone.
Justice League (Whedon Cut)
In 2017, Barry found Bruce Wayne in his apartment, who revealed himself to be the vigilante Batman and that he was wanting to recruit Allen to join the Justice League. Barry agreed to join the team without question, telling the wealthy billionaire that he needed "friends". Later on, Barry met with Batman and Commissioner James Gordon with the other recruits, the Amazonian goddess Wonder Woman and the aquatic superhero Aquaman. The team also met Cyborg, whose's father, Dr. Silias Stone, was kidnapped by Steppenwolf and the Parademons. When confronting Steppenwolf, Batman told Barry to focus on saving people, and managed to rescue Silas and the S.T.A.R. staff that was also kidnapped. Though overpowered by Steppenwolf, the team were saved by Aquaman and managed to return to the Batcave to rethink their strategy to stop the New God.
At the Batcave, Bruce wanted to resurrect Superman to help them stop Steppenwolf, having seen the potential of the Mother Box from Cyborg. During the debate, Barry sided to Batman, but was concerned that Superman could return hostile (referencing Stephen King's Pet Semetary). The Flash and Cyborg managed to dig up Superman's grave, and the former fired electrical charges to resurrect the Man of Steel within the genesis chamber. Though Superman returned, he attacked the Justice League due to distortion, but his lover, Lois Lane managed to calm him. The team returned to the Batcave where Cyborg deduced Steppenwolf's plan, and the Justice League fought the New God and the Parademons with the assistance of Superman. The team succeeded in stopping Steppenwolf, who was attacked by the Parademons due to them smelling his fear, and were returned to Darkseid.
After the victory, Barry returned to a normal life, and managed to get a job at the Central City Police Department with the help of Batman. Barry then met with his father once again in prison, revealing that he got the job, making his father proud of him. In the post-credits, the Flash challenged Superman to a race, with the wager being if Superman won, Barry had to take the team to brunch.
Justice League (Snyder Cut)
Earth-1 Barry from the Arrowverse managed to wound up in a different reality of the DCEU Flash, and the two came across each other in confusion. Earth-1 Barry realized that this version of himself didn't know about the Infinite Crisis that was happening in his universe, and the DCEU Barry faded while stating that he told Cyborg that something like this could be possible.
To be added...
Powers & Abilities
Speed Force conduit: Barry Allen, after being struck by lightning and doused in nearby chemicals, gained a metahuman connection to the Speed Force, an extra-dimensional energy field, granting him many speed-based abilities.
- Superhuman speed: Allen is capable of moving at tremendous hypersonic speeds, an ability so powerful that his movements are invisible to the naked eye. Allen notably ran from a fridge to knock out a mugger and returned before the milk bottle he was holding could fall. Later, he was able to draw on a man's face when visiting his father at Blackgate Penitentiary too fast for him to notice. When the Justice League attempted to restrain Superman following his revival, Flash was able to evade the majority of the Kryptonian's attacks, only being hit due to stumbling. The intensity of his speed allows the Flash to deliver superhumanly strong attacks, as well as to run along vertical surfaces, across the surface of the water, through solid matter, into other planes of frequency, and even through time.
- Accelerated healing factor: Barry's speed extends to him on a biological level, and thus, his metabolism functions faster than most humans, allowing him to heal any injuries within a short time-frame. Hence, Barry required only a few minutes to heal from getting shot in the leg by a Parademon plasma bolt. However, because of his accelerated metabolism, he burns calories at an accelerated rate, keeping his body slim and fit, requiring Barry to intake a high amount of calories to function normally. Due to this, Barry describes himself as a "snack hole": a black hole of snacks.
- Superhuman reflexes: Barry possesses reflexes far greater than a normal human being. This allows him to easily react to danger and events, and perceive the world in slow motion. Fortunately for Barry's sanity, he can relax this ability to enable him to interact with and tolerate the real world. Barry was able to easily dodge a batarang thrown at him by Bruce Wayne, with it appearing to be moving at him in slow motion (at least 62 times slower than reality), and Bruce himself frozen in place from Barry's perspective. While in this state, he is also able to outpace the speed of other forces like gravity, allowing him to move faster than an object can be affected by gravity and begin falling. His reflexes are faster than normal people can even perceive. However, Superman is shown to be capable of moving at a similar speed, able to match Flash himself on one occasion, to the point where a friendly wager was made between the two in a contest to see who was truly faster.
- Extreme force generation: While moving at an accelerated speed, Flash generates superhuman levels of momentum, which allow him to enhance the force behind his attacks, impacts, and collisions, often propelling people and objects several feet, that he uses to compensate for his average strength. Hence, Flash was able to easily mow down an entire squad of Parademons by colliding with them at immense speed, defeat Captain Boomerang in the same swift manner, and even to send a mugger flying with a single push. When tasked with saving the civilians during the battle for Earth, Barry was able to push an entire pickup truck several miles away while running.
- Momentum negation: Flash also can come to a full stop despite the extreme inertia of his movements, allowing him to further the illusion of having not moved at all if he moves at super-speed and returns to his previous location he before anyone can notice it.
- Superhuman stamina: Barry's body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds for extended periods without getting tired or weak, so long as he's not running on an empty stomach.
- Superhuman agility: Barry's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels, allowing him to navigate while moving at superhuman speed. Thus, Flash managed to dodge most of the attacks from Steppenwolf and Superman. This coordination, however, isn't an intuitive trait, as Barry is still slightly clumsy.
- Intangibility: Theoretically, Flash can phase himself through solid objects by vibrating at super speed.
- Interdimensional Travel: Flash's incredible speed enables him to travel into other planes of frequency, where other realities are located.
- Time travel: Flash can run fast enough to break through the fabric of the space-time continuum, enabling him to travel back in time to monitor or alter past events. With the help of Cyborg's calculations, the Flash from an alternate future traveled back to warn Bruce Wayne of the potential danger Superman poses, showing Bruce a vision of the future.
- Electricity generation: While moving at incredible speeds, Barry generates bolts of electricity which can cause nearby technology to short-circuit or overload. He was able to charge himself enough to charge a Mother Box with enough energy to jumpstart Scout Ship 0344's Genesis Chamber. According to Amanda Waller's files, Flash can also charge the air vortexes that he generates with electricity, thereby further increasing their offensive capabilities. He is also capable of using this ability for smaller tasks, such as lighting a firecracker by snapping his fingers.
- Gifted intelligence: Barry Allen is an exceptionally intelligent science enthusiast, with aptitudes in physics, forensics, and engineering. Notably, Barry was capable of designing and building his Flash suit from anti-friction material employed by NASA, impressing even Batman with the sophistication. Since his childhood, Barry has been devoted to dedicating himself to studying forensic science to prove his father's innocence in the murder of his mother.
- Expert engineer: Barry Allen possesses an intimate understanding of quantum mechanics, mechanical engineering, and electronics, allowing him to construct the sophisticated Flash suit using materials that, in addition to holding up against immense levels of heat and friction, ground the excess currents of energy he experiences while moving at tremendous speeds.
- Musician: Barry claims he's capable of playing the viola.
- Bilingualism: Barry speaks his native English, and also claims to be fluent in American Sign Language.
- Like his actor, Barry is Jewish.
- He is a fan of the animated tv series Rick & Morty.
- He is one of the youngest members of the Justice League, alongside Cyborg.
- Bradley Cooper, Chris Pine, Ryan Kwanten, Matthew Fox, and Scott Porter were in early talks for the role.
- Pine would later portray Steve Trevor in the Wonder Woman films.
|Extended Universe Heroes|