Tiamat, also dubbed Titanus Tiamat, is a minor character in the graphic novel, Godzilla Dominion. She is a serpentine kaiju who appears as a minor Titan that obeys Ghidorah, later Godzilla.
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Tiamat was among the many Titans to be awakened by Ghidorah's call and started to rampage along with the other newly-awakened Titans. When Madison Russell used the ORCA to call all the Titans to Boston, Tiamat, unfortunately, did not arrive in time for the battle and did not even witness Godzilla become the new alpha Titan after he killed Ghidorah.
When Godzilla arrived in the Hollow Earth to reclaim one of his old lairs, he was suddenly attacked by Tiamat. She wrapped her body around Godzilla as she dragged him underwater in a maelstrom, with her scales cutting into his skin. However, Godzilla headbutted Tiamat in the mouth, but she expelled a blinding acidic breath into the water. Using his other senses to track Tiamat, Godzilla turned as she was trying to swim up behind him. Tiamat again constricted her body around Godzilla and began dragging him deeper and deeper underwater. Tiamat pulled Godzilla through an underwater tunnel that led into an air pocket. As the two Titans surfaced, Tiamat bit down on Godzilla's neck, but he grabbed Tiamat by her throat and threw her onto solid ground. He started to stomp on her repeatedly, but Tiamat roared defiantly at him. Godzilla answered the upstart Titan with a roar of his own which convinced her to submit. Tiamat then slithered back into the water and departed. Later, she, along with the other Titans, is sent into dormancy by Godzilla.
Tiamat is a Titan who greatly resembles a giant serpentine leafy seadragon with crocodile-like jaws and a dark purple body. Lining down her form are numerous bioluminescent fins and sharp plates. Multiple sets of barbels hang from her beaked head with bright yellow eyes.
Powers and Abilities
- Titan Physiology: As a Titan in resemblance to a seadragon, Tiamat is incredibly powerful, possessing several physical and supernatural attributes.
- Advanced Strength: Tiamat possesses large amounts of physical strength as she is strong enough to strangle Godzilla in combat, similar to that of constrictor snakes.
- Advanced Speed: In addition of her strength, Tiamat also possesses great speed that allows her to swim incredibly fast in the water.
- Advanced Durability: Tiamat's armored skin and advanced bodily tissues provide her much greater resistance to physical injury as she is capable of withstanding attacks from Godzilla.
- Hydrokinesis: Tiamat is capable of manipulating water to allow her to drag foes to her. This is shown when she generated a maelstrom at the start of her fight against Godzilla to drag him into the ocean's depths. It is also assumed that she may also be able to create waterspouts. Tiamat is thoroughly in her element underwater, where she dominated Godzilla before he threw her onto solid ground.
- Amphibious Nature: Tiamat is adapted for movement both on land and underwater as she possesses amphibious lungs and gills on her neck, thus making her an adept combatant in both environments.
- Advanced Senses: Tiamat has a very strong sense of hearing as she is capable of sensing Godzilla's presence when he arrived in the Hollow Earth.
- Acid Breath: Tiamat is able to release a yellow acidic breath from her mouth that is capable of blinding Godzilla momentarily.
- Advanced Combatant: Tiamat can use her jaws and tail in combat against other Titans such as Godzilla.
- Sharp Scales: Tiamat's body is covered in razor-sharp scales that are sharp enough to cut deep gashes into the bodily tissues of other Titans, including Godzilla.
- Master Swimmer: Despite her size and prehensile body, Tiamat was a capable swimmer as she can propel her body by undulating her tail at great speed in the water for long periods of time.
- Prehensile Body: Like regular constricting snakes, Tiamat has a prehensile body as she is able to constrict her body around her adversaries in combat, allowing her to easily drag them through the water.
- Prehensile Tail: Tiamat possesses a long prehensile tail that she can use to help balance herself, use as a formidable weapon or even use it to hold opponents in its grasp.
- Sharp Teeth: Tiamat has razor-sharp teeth that are capable of biting through most materials as she was able to bite into bodily tissues of other Titans such as Godzilla.
- Tiamat shares many resemblances with the Elder Dragon, Amatsu, from the Monster Hunter games.
- Tiamat's design shares several similarities with Titanosaurus and Manda.