|Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility."
Spider-Man has declared that this article is still under construction.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Timmy Burch contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|~ Timmy Burch|
Timothy "Timmy" Burch is a male fourth grader at South Park Elementary. He is handicapped, uses a wheelchair to get around, and has a limited vocabulary consisting only of his own name and a small handful of other words and phrases.
After about a decade of fans knowing him only as Timmy, his last name was finally revealed in the 2011 epiosde "T.M.I", but only through a poster appearing in the episode. His first appearance as "Timmy" was in the Season 4 premiere "Tooth Fairy Tats 2000". He is voiced by series co-creator Trey Parker.
Timmy wears a red sweater and black trousers. His head is deformed at the top, and he has strawberry blonde hair. He is almost always seen sitting in a black wheelchair, and is usually smiling openly and fidgeting with his hands.
During the metrosexual fad in the episode "South Park is Gay!", he wears a light blue unbuttoned shirt, gelled hair, brown work shoes and a purple-and-pink wheelchair with a rainbow band.
Timmy was originally described as being somewhat mentally handicapped, but over time his character has become described less as such and more often as "disabled". In various episodes (such as "Up the Down Steroid") he appears to be quite cognizant, intelligent and principled. In "Cripple Fight", and "Make Love, Not Warcraft", he appears to have no trouble operating a computer, and in the former, he even comes up with a clever plan to get Jimmy kicked out of the scouts. He appears to have hydrocephalus, as well as involuntary movements.
- In the episode "Handicar", Timmy's titular new Handicar service becomes the new mode of transportation, slowly but rapidly growing. However, this gives him a lot of new enemies. Timmy raised $2.3 billion for summer camp.
- In "The Pandemic Special", Timmy rams his wheelchair into the gym doors to help the students' escape.
- Timmy's catchphrase, "TIMMEH!", has entered pop culture, and can be seen multiple times. Some notable examples include ESPN anchors shouting "TIMMY!" when Tim Duncan highlights are shown, and in the popular MMORPG World of Warcraft, where the character Timmy the Cruel will shout "TIMMY!" whenever he appears.
- Coincidentally, in the 2006 Season 10 episode "Make Love, Not Warcraft", Timmy is shown playing World of Warcraft alongside many other characters.
- In Ludacris' guest verse on Missy Elliot's song "Gossip Folks", he says "I'm Ludacris, living loud like Timmy". This is a reference to Timmy Burch.
- In Rock Band, one of the unlockable bonus tracks is "Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld", from the famous episode "Timmy 2000".
- The way Timmy says his name is similar to the Japanese word "temē" 「てめえ」, a very rude way of saying "you" and used chiefly by male speakers when very angry, similar to a curse word. This may not be a coincidence, as co-creator Trey Parker is fluent in the Japanese language.
- British metal band Siren Lake named their van Timmy, in homage to the character.
- Timmy was voted "Greatest Disabled TV Character" in the BBC promoted webzine called Ouch!.
- IGN ranked Timmy 2nd in "Top 10 South Park Peripheral Characters".
- Timmy's mysterious disability has never been identified in any South Park media, but the official website calls it "a strange combination of palsy and Tourette's".
- Within the Buffalo Sabres roster, a professional ice hockey team based in the New York city of Buffalo, Tim Connally, who is known for his prolonged absenses due to injury, is nicknamed "Timmeh" as a reference to Timmy's famous catchphrase.
- Some suspect that Timmy's mysterious disability may be conduction aphasia.
- His role in South Park: The Fractured but Whole was changed from his Iron Maiden debut in "The Coon and Friends". He is now Doctor Timothy.
- Timmy is a breakout character. He was originally supposed to be a one-shot character, especially since Comedy Central opposed Timmy's conception. However, due to his popularity with legions of South Park fans, he was kept.
- "Handicar" is the only episode where Timmy is the main character.
- Fellow disabled student Jimmy Valmer appears to be the only person who can understand Timmy's unintelligible speech impediment.
- Timmy has commited some heinous acts as well.
- In "Cripple Fight", Timmy gifts Jimmy Kenny McCormick's hoodie. After Jimmy puts it on, multiple disasters strike Jimmy in a matter of seconds, but due to a good fortune on Jimmy's part, he somehow walks away unscathed, seemingly oblivious to how close he was to dying multiple times in a row.
- In the same episode, Timmy is guilty of libel, a tort under federal law. He commits libel to successfully kick Jimmy out of Boy Scouts'.
- "Cripple Fight" may indirectly reveal that Timmy is aware of Kenny's constant death.
- Both of Timmy's parents seem to have a similar disability to him, if not exactly identical. Both of their vocabulary is mostly limited to shouting "RICHARD!" or "HELEN!".
- Timmy replaces Kenny in the Season 6 theme song during Kenny's hiatus. Despite this, he's only prominent in 2 episodes over the course of the entire season.
- Experimental music project and band The Brian Jonestown Massacre can be heard doing "TIMMY!" impressions in the beginning of the song "Sailor".
- Timmy is a Medic class character in the Xbox Live Arcade game South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!.
- Coincidentally, Timmy also plays the role of Priest in World of Warcraft, during the episode "Make Love, Not Warcraft".
- He appears to be a fan of the Canadian toilet humor show The Terrance and Phillip Show, along with the other boys at South Park Elementary.
- Mr. Garrison originally mistook Timmy's mental handicap as an act of disrespect, due to how deranged he is.
- Timmy is the only character in South Park to ever travel back in time.
- Every South Park episode with the word "cripple" in the title features both Timmy and Jimmy. There are three in total.
- "Cripple Fight" (Season 5, episode 2)
- "Krazy Kripples" (Season 7, episode 2)
- "Crippled Summer" (Season 14, episode 7)
- Timmy's vocabulary is increased by one word in the episode "It Hits the Fan", due to the outbreak of the word "Shit".
- Timmy's Iron Maiden costume is of course named after the famous metal band of the same name. More notably however, the costume bears an obvious resemblence to the fabled torture device of the same name, the existence of which is skeptical.
- Furthermore, Doctor Timothy is also a parody of Charles Xavier, also famously known as Professor X, from Marvel's X-Men media.
- "The Hobbit" implies that Timmy resents his disabilities when he's seen photoshopping a picture of himself to look like a little boy.