| This stub is making Kirby hungry with its lack of substance.|
This article or section is a stub. You can help the Heroes Wiki by expanding it!
What are you waiting for? GO!
|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating its info wherever necessary.
And now time resumes!
|“||Thank you, Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!||„|
|~ Toad's famous line.|
Toad is a supporting character from the Mario franchise. He is a humanoid character with a mushroom-shaped head and a long-time friend of Princess Peach from the Super Mario games. His first appearance was in Super Mario Bros. (1985). Throughout the series, many Toads have been shown since they're an entire race/species of citizens that assist Princess Peach at her castle and reside in the Mushroom Kingdom. While they have usually played a less active role and supplied Mario with information, some of them have taken a more active role and been playable alongside the other main characters in certain games.
Toad is a humanoid character who is most often seen with a white mushroom with red spots on his head, wears a blue vest, diaper-like pants and large brown shoes. However, there have also been some Toads seen that have different-colored spots like blue, green, yellow and purple, and that have a vest with the matching color. This is seen both with the Toads who accompany Mario, Princess Peach and Toadsworth on their vacation in Super Mario Sunshine, as well as the Toad Brigade in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Toad is able to lift heavy objects with ease, as shown in Super Mario Bros. 2 where he can quickly lift a turnip from the ground.
- Superhuman Speed: As shown in Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D World, Toad can run very fast.
- Vehicular Driver: In the Mario Kart spinoff series, Toad is skilled at driving karts and bikes.
- Plant Manipulation: As shown in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Sports Mix, Toad is able to release spores from his mushroom cap as both a counterattack and shield. He is also able to use his spores to release huge mushrooms from the ground as shown in Mario Sports Mix.
- Pyrokinesis: As shown in Super Mario 3D World, and the animated TV show, Toad is able to shoot fireballs when he obtains a Fire Flower. In Super Mario Strikers Charged, Toad is able to perform a kick shot that ignites the ball.
- Cryokinesis: In New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Bros. U, and New Super Luigi U, Toad is able to shoot iceballs when he obtains either an Ice Flower or Penguin Suit.