|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating its info wherever necessary.
And now time resumes!
This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||I’m Invisible So You Can’t See My Body Just My Clothes!||„|
|~ Toru Hagakure|
Toru Hagakure, also known by her hero name Invisible Girl, is a major character from the anime/manga series My Hero Academia. She is a member of Class 1-A at U.A. High School.
She is voiced by Kaori Nazuka in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Felecia Angelle in the English version of the anime.
Due to her invisibility, Toru's physical appearance is mostly unknown; however, it is known that she is a relatively short girl, and her clothes identify her as having a slim yet curvaceous figure. Before her true face was revealed, she claims to look like a fusion of Yang Guifei and Francis Xavier. As depicted by a brief glimpse of her reflection from Yuga's laser, behind her invisibility Toru has medium-sized messy hair and thick eyelashes.
Her hero costume consists of a pair of baby-blue gloves and white boots, taking both of these off grants her total invisibility.
Toru is bubbly and energetic girl who is often excited by the world around her and likes to socialize with friends. She is optimistic, outgoing, cheerful, and kind. She enjoys talking with people and likes cute things. She is also strategic, and often uses her invisibility to her advantage in battle situations to walk around unseen and end fights by sneaking up on enemies as opposed to facing them outright.
There are also times where Toru is blissfully unaware of her own Quirk, despite prioritising her invisibility, she did show some embarrassment at undressing in front of Mashirao Ojiro even with her hero costume having almost no clothing to start with.
Powers and Abilities
Toru's Quirk is Invisibility, though it seems as though her powers are constantly active, as she has yet to be seen visible. Regardless, she is able to utilize her Quirk to remain completely hidden and excels at stealth-based techniques. She can also use the strange way light reacts to her body to her advantage, refracting it to blind opponents and even manipulate light-based attacks like lasers. She was even able to completely
The drawback of her Quirk, is that complete invisibility requires Toru to completely naked and thus leaving her body exposed to elements such as extreme temperatures and attacks from others.
- Like Tsuyu Asui, Hagakure was originally designed to be male, but was changed to a girl because there was a lack of female students at the time. Horikoshi also found the concept of a girl with an invisible body to be funnier.
- Toru's favourite food is caramel.
- Her favourite thing is dokkiri (hidden camera surprise) shows.
- Toru is the only student in Class 1-A whose Quirk hasn't been formally introduced despite being constantly active, Horikoshi picked up on this saying that he hasn't found the right time yet.
- Toru's Japanese voice actress also voices Mount Lady in the same series.
- Toru's hero name; Invisible Girl, was also the original alias of Invisible Woman from Marvel's Fantastic Four.
- She was seemingly revealed to be the "U.A. Traitor" in Chapter 335 of the manga, but turned out to be a red herring as it was revealed that she was the one who found out that Yuga Aoyama was the real traitor, though he wasn't evil either as he was only a blackmailed pawn.
U.A. High School