|“||The Feudal Era is ahead of us... Setsuna's dreams were stolen there. Don't worry. I promise I'll get them back for you!||„|
|“||Towa and Setsuna. Between us half-demon twins, two different worlds exist at the same time... Human and demon, Feudal Era and present day, peace and war, joy and sorrow, dreams and reality, now and forever, and finally, love and hate... A Feudal fairy tale, Yashahime. We'll keep moving forward, overcoming the hurdles of destiny!||„|
|~ Towa's monologue.|
|“||Soon after we were born, Kirinmaru's sister Zero placed the Silver Scale Curse on our mother, Rin. It's a fatal curse that causes the victim's body to rot away. What's more, Zero bound our mother's life to her's by a thread of fate, making it impossible to kill one without killing the other. To save our mother, we must track down Zero and sever their shared thread of fate before we can defeat her. With the curse progressing again, there's no time to waste! A Feudal fairy tale, Yashahime. We'll keep moving forward, overcoming the hurdles of destiny!||„|
|~ Towa's second monologue.|
She has magenta eyes and silver hair with a streak of red in one of her bangs. When she become full human, she has brown eyes and black hair. As a full demon, Towa's hair becomes longer, her irises has same color, her ears become pointed and her fangs become more pronounced. On her face, she gains a violet crescent moon on her forehead and some red markings on her cheeks. Her body gives off a bright sky blue aura when using her powers. When not in control of her powers, Towa's eyes become similar to that of her half-uncle's and lacks the crescent moon marking on her forehead, in which the awaking the blood of her grandfather's. In addition, her body gives off a crimson aura instead of her usual light blue aura. Her fingernails also lengthen to claws.
For her outfit, she wears a white male school uniform with purple accents on the blazer, a graphite dress shirt, white pants, brown shoes and belt and a red ribbon as a tie.
Towa is consistently friendly and loyal to her friends and those who seek her help, although she initially required time to adjust to the more deadly nature of Feudal Japan compared to her modern setting.
Having been raised with love and acceptance in a (mostly) peaceful world, Towa is more accepting of strange behavior from others and values fighting as a last resort.
In the manga continuity, Towa developed differently due to boys finding her scary looking, while girls fawn over her; meaning she never got into fights, and didn't have reason to reject her femine side (as she wears her girls uniform at school). A common occurrence was having to deal with girls with crushes on her, which sadly included her adopted sister Mei; though Towa's own orientation is unstated. She was also sadder, since Towa's eyes scared off anyone who talked to her; even if Towa was being kind, they assumed she was in a bad mood just from her eyes. Unlike her anime counterpart, Towa is more than willing to kill demons, having been helped by the Higurashi family to exorcise spirits, and snapped a lot easier when confronted with the memory of how she was separated.
She was transported to the modern era through the power of the Tree of Ages when she was just four-years-old. She received shelter from her uncle's in-laws, the Higurashi family, and was subsequently raised by her half-uncle-in-law, Sōta Higurashi. She is reunited with her sister Setsuna after spending ten years in modern times.
- She wields the weapons Kikujūmonji and Zanseiken. As of A Never-Ending Future, she currently wields a genuine version of the Kikujūmonji.
- She carried the Silver Rainbow Pearl inside her left eye before she gave it to Riku.
- She seemed powerless without it. Though as stated by Kirinmaru, it got in the way of the maturing of inherent demon powers.
- Towa seems to have a subconscious psychological complex about being perceived as weak due to her gender. Hence why she doesn't like girly clothing.
- Thanks to her natural enhanced abilities, Towa became an accomplished athlete; winning trophies. The weight set in her room implies Towa is either still in a sport or works out out of habit.
- Towa seems weal-versed in time travel stories from books and movies, which is why she is so determined to prevent anything from the Modern Era from being carelessly left in the past.
- To help clear up confusion on why Towa matured at a normal human rate, Rumiko Takahashi stated in an interview half-demons age like humans until they become teenagers; it then slows considerably.
- Since Yashahime starts in 2020's Reiwa Era, it means Towa time traveled to 2010; which puts the series 19 years after InuYasha.
- Her English voice actress, Erica Mendez, also voiced Gon Freecss in Hunter × Hunter, Ryūko Matoi in Kill la Kill, Megumin in Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World!, Raphtalia in The Rising of the Shield Hero, Makio in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu mo Yaiba, Melissa Shield in My Hero Academia: Two Heroes, Diane in The Seven Deadly Sins, Atsuko Kagari in Little Witch Academia, Nico Yazawa in Love Live! School Idol Project, Maki Harukawa in Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Aladdin (child) in Magi, Emma in The Promised Neverland, Retsuko in Aggretsuko, Yuuki Konno in Sword Art Online, Trunks in Dragon Ball Z Bang Zoom! dub, Noire in Hyperdimension Neptunia, Bernadetta von Varley in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Petra Leyte and Puck in Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World, Kasane Randall in Scarlet Nexus, Kamisato Ayaka in Genshin Impact, Mash Kyrielight in Fate/Grand Order, Gardenia in Pokémon Masters, Rickert in Berserk (2016 Series), Sailor Uranus in Sailor Moon S Viz Dub, Iroha Tamaki in Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story, Arle Nadja in Puyo Puyo series, Pac-Man in Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, Eryn in Fairy Fencer F, Deirdre in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Lianna in Fire Emblem Warriors, Orie Paladia in Under Night In-Birth, and Davie in Glitter Force: Doki Doki.