She has magenta eyes and white hair with a streak of red in one of her bangs. When she become full human, she has brown eyes and black hair. As a full demon, Towa's hair becomes longer, her ears become pointed and her fangs become more pronounced. On her face, she gains a violet crescent moon on her forehead and some red markings on her cheeks.
For her outfit, she wears a white male school uniform with purple accents on the blazer, a graphite dress shirt, white pants, brown shoes and belt and a red ribbon as a tie.
Towa is consistently friendly and loyal to her friends and those who seek her help, although she initially required time to adjust to the more deadly nature of Feudal Japan compared to her modern setting.
Having been raised with love and acceptance in a (mostly) peaceful world, Towa is more accepting of strange behavior from others and values fighting as a last resort.
She was transported to the modern era through the power of the Tree of Ages when she was just four-years-old. She received shelter from her uncle's in-laws, the Higurashi family, and was subsequently raised by her half-uncle-in-law, Sōta Higurashi. She is reunited with her sister Setsuna after spending ten years in modern times.
- She wields the weapon Kikujūmonji.
- She carried the Silver Rainbow Pearl inside her left eye.
- She seems powerless without it. Though as stated by Kirinmaru, it got in the way of the maturing of inherent demon powers.
- Towa seems to have a subconscious psychological complex about being perceived as weak due to her gender. Hence why she doesn't like girly clothing.
- Thanks to her natural enhanced abilities, Towa became an accomplished athlete; winning trophies. The weight set in her room implies Towa is either still in a sport or works out out of habit.
- Towa seems weal-versed in time travel stories from books and movies, which is why she is so determined to prevent anything from the Modern Era from being carelessly left in the past.
- Her Japanese voice actress, Sara Matsumoto, who also voiced Namida Suzumeno in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.
- Her English voice actress, Erica Mendez, who also voiced Emma in The Promised Neverland, Ryūko Matoi in Kill la Kill, Gon Freecss in Hunter × Hunter (2011), Maki Harukawa in Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Raphtalia in The Rising of the Shield Hero, Megumin in Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World!, Yuuki Konno in Sword Art Online, Atsuko Kagari in Little Witch Academia, Diane in Seven Deadly Sins, Nico Yazawa in Love Live! School Idol Project, Puck in Re:Zero, Lianna in Fire Emblem Warriors, Naotori Ii in Dead or Alive 5, Eryn in Fairy Fencer F, Sasuke Uchiha as a child in Naruto: Shippuden, Rickert in Berserk, Aladdin in Magi, Hilda in Pokémon Master, Arle Nadja in Puyo Puyo, Mash Kyrielight in Fate/Grand Order, Atsuko Kagari in Little Witch Academia, Seong Mi-Na in Soulcalibur VI, Retsuko in Aggretsuko, Melissa Shield in My Hero Academia, Pac-Man in Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures video game, Orie Paladia in UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH, and Sailor Uranus in Sailor Moon franchise.