|“||As long as hope exist, we won't be killed, as we won't give up… these two as well as everyone else taught me that… including the little saint king that keep on fighting for something she believes in… for something she care and wish to protect, for those who taught her courage is…||„|
|~ Tsubasa Kazanari, to armed men's leader, before she summoned her Ama-no-Habakiri katana blade|
Tsubasa Kazanari is one of the seven main heroines in the anime series Symphogear. She is a girl who has the power to use Symphogear armor, which uses music to fight off against aliens known as Noise.
Kazanari (風鳴) - means "Crying Wind".
Tsubasa (翼) - means "Wing".
Tsubasa is a tall girl with blue hair and dark blue eyes. She has a side pony-tail on the left side of her head that is longer than the rest of her hair, which falls to just above her waist and cut straight.
Her Zwei Wing concert clothes consist of a high collared crop top with white shorts and a lowly belted pleated skirt cut diagonally from her left hip and a large light blue bow and left wing on her bustle. She also wears white and blue stocking up to her thigh, and light blue boots with the left one reaching to her knee and the right reaching to her ankle.
She is also seen wearing the Lydian Music Academy uniform.
During her time as Zwei-Wing, Tsubasa is in fact a very nervous and shy girl where her partner Kanade did most of the talking and cheering her up, giving her strength. However, in an ensuing battle with Noise, Kanade sacrificed herself, dying in Tsubasa's arms, sending her through deep grief. Tsubasa first appears in the present as a pop star and student with a cold personality, the death of Kanade has shattered her shyness and she became distant and aloof. She refuses to accept Hibiki as Kanade's replacement, and prefers to fight alone. She even refuses to sign an overseas singing contract, as she views herself as a weapon who only sings in the battlefield. However, during the time when she was hospitalized due to the life-threatening side-effects of singing her swan song, Tsubasa seemingly "converses" with Kanade. Afterwards, she starts opening up to Hibiki and everyone else, and is shown to have a more caring side.
By Symphogear G, she has evolved into the 'big sister/senior' of the Symphogear users, mirroring how Kanade was to her.
Attacks and Abilities
Holy Magical Transformation
Imyuteus Ame no Habakiri tron
Tsubasa is the owner of the First Relic, Ama-no-Habakiri, therefore she can is one of the "Attuned". The Attuned, when activated by the Power of Song (歌の力 Uta no Chikara), generate the anti-Noise armor—the Symphogear—that Tsubasa wears. Along with the Symphogear, Tsubasa, as well as the other Attuned, can call upon their armed gear which help them attack.
Tsubasa, having trained since she was a child, is both agile and strong. She possesses many abilities all which are extremely effective. All of these attacks are instant kills.
- Wight Slayer - During this attack, Tsubasa places one hand on the ground, outstretches her legs in a circle, and spins. The long blades that are attached to her boots spin as well and cut the enemies.
- One Thousand Tears - Tsubasa conjures one thousand swords while in the air and sends them plummeting towards her enemy.
- Blue/Azure Flash - Tsubasa transforms her sword into big sword, conjures blue lightning, and strikes enemy with both.
- Heaven’s Wrath – During this attack, Tsubasa conjures a humongous sword that would rivals the size of a truck, and thrusts it down with her foot towards the enemy. This attack is usually used on bigger foes, and was also used against Hibiki once.
- Shadow Weaving - Tsubasa aims and throws a dagger into her opponent's shadow, thus disabling their movement.
- Soaring Phoenix - Tsubasa propels herself through the air, with azure flames flying out of her legs and arms. The flames are so powerful and strong that they can break through Ryoko's Nehushtan armor.
- Blue Flash Destroyer - A powerful version of Blue Flash when Tsubasa Kaznari used during X-Drive Transformation.
- Wind Ring's Fiery Blades - A powerful variant version of Soaraing Phoenix. Wielding the same two swords. Tsubasa joins both of them at hilts and spins them very fast, thus producing the power of fire.
- Flash of the Rider's Blade - It was introduced in Symphogear G.
- S2CA Tri Burst - An attack introduced in Symphogear G, serving as a combination attack between Hibiki, Chris, and Tsubasa. The energy from all three singing their Song Superb Song at once is channelled into Hibiki's right hand, with the harmony of the three songs cancelling their harmful backlash and resulting in a vast tornado of rainbow-hued light.
- Vitalization - A unique six-combination attack that was introduced the end of Symphogear
- Blue Sword Lightning Punishment - An upgraded version of Blue Flash. It remains in large blade form.
- Moonlight Wind Ring's Fiery Blades - An upgraded version of Fiery Windblades.
- Raksha Stance Zero - Similar to the Soaring Phoenix, Tsubasa was able to use the blades by doing the fiery ignition, including the rest of the four blades. She was able to eliminate the target.
- TRINITY RESONANCE - This is combined attack done by Hibiki, Tsubasa, and Chris with their superb song. During the mission, they were able to land the airship into the wall, thus completing their duties.
- Swift Union of Wind and Moon - It was used only in Episode 9 of Symphogear AXZ to defeat and kill Prelati. It was performed by Tsubasa Kazanari and Shirabe Tsukuyomi.
- Twin Star Hammer -DIASTER BLAST- - It was used only in the manga. It was performed by Hibiki Tachibana or Kanade Amou and Tsubasa Kazanari.
- Flash of the Rider's Blade - Final Lightning - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Rain Dance Slash - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Blue Flash Kshetra - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Dazzling Flash - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Skanda Stance - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Celestial Blade's Judgement - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Lion Whistle's Blade -It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Unknown Blade Remnants' Opposition - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Zenith's Soaring Phoenix's Flash - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Holy Thunder's Sparkle - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Light Knife Kshetra - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Christmas Eve's Lone Blade - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Knight's Ignited Flash - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Maelstrom Aquatic Blades - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Spoons' Rain - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Sudden Flash - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Phantom Resonance Sword・Real Attack - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Absolute Sky Stance - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Synchrogazer - This is a technique that was used by Tsubasa, Chris , and Hibiki using the complete relic, Durandal. Most of the power in this attack was from Hibiki, but Tsubasa, Chris, and Hibiki's friends helped keep Hibiki grounded to her real self and they contributed to the attack.
Music Manipulation - She and the Symphogear heroines can manipulate and generate music, an art form whose medium is sound and silence. Its common elements are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture.
- Zettō Ame no Habakiri (TV Series)
- FLIGHT FEATHERS (TV Series)
- Gekko no Tsurugi (G)
- Koi no Okehazama (G)
- Beyond the Blade (GX)
- Sora e... (GX)
- Gekka Bijin (AXZ)
- Luminous Gate (AXZ)
- Defender'Z Brand! (XV)
- Kaze no Anata ni (XV)
- Shippū Jinrai (XDU Exclusive)
- Gyakko no Flugel (together with Kanade Amou)
- ORBITAL BEAT (together with Kanade Amou)
- FIRST LOVE SONG (together with Symphogear heroines)
- Fushichō no Flamme (together with Maria Cadenzavna Eve)
- Hajimari no Babel (together with Symphogear heroines)
- Nijiiro no Flügel (together with Symphogear heroines)
- RADIANT FORCE (together with Hibiki Tachibana and Chris Yukine)
- Seiten Galaxy Cross (together with Maria Cadenzavna Eve)
- BAYONET CHARGE (together with Chris Yukine)
- Gekishō Infinity (together with Symphogear heroines)
- Fūgetsu no Shissō (together with Shirabe Tsukuyomi)
- Axia no Kaze (together with Symphogear heroines)
- Rikka Ryōran (together with Symphogear heroines)
- Angelic Remnant (together with Maria Cadenzavna Eve)
- PERFECT SYMPHONY (together with Symphogear Heroines)
- Xtreme Vibes (together with Symphogear Heroines)
- Ashita e no Flügel (together with Symphogear Heroines)
- Souyoku no Wing Beat (together with Kanade Amou)
Miku Kohinata - Hibiki and Tsubasa became best friends with Miku. Hibiki and Tsubasa said that Miku is like the sun that keeps her warm.
Hibiki Tachibana - Tsubasa tries her best to become friends with Hibiki but Hibiki keeps pushing her away because she thinks that Hibiki cannot replace Kanade. She eventually opens up to Hibiki and allows her to be her friend. During the rest of the series, she eventually became friends with Tsubasa.
Chris Yukine - Former enemy. Genjuro helped her to open up and now is an ally. She still find Hibiki and the Symphogear heroines annoying and an idiot but remain friends.
Genjuro Kazanari - After Chris' attack on them with the use of the Nehushtan Armor Hibiki requested him to train her in martial arts. He has shown to have a lot of faith in Hibiki and her abilities and trusts her judgement.
Maria Cadenzavna Eve - Former enemy. She and her friends helped her to fight Noise together by saving the world.
Shirabe Tsukuyomi - Former enemy. She is one of Hibiki's close friends. She is somtimes pranked by her friends numetpus times.
Kirika Akatsuki - Former enemy. She is one of her pals.
- Tsubasa shares the same given name to Hanekawa Tsubasa from Bakemonogatari.
- Tsubasa's voice actor, Nana Mizuki, also voiced Fate T. Harlaown fom The Nanoha Series Hanasaki Tsubomi from Heartcatch Pretty Cure and Moka Akashiya from Rosario Vampire.
- Before Kanade's death, Tsubasa's armgear was black and blue, but after (back to present) her colour became white and blue.
- Tsubasa was 15 two years ago which means she's now 17 and was 12 when she meet Kanade first time.
- Kenzaki Makoto/Cure Sword from DokiDoki! Pretty Cure! resembles Tsubasa, they are famous idols, they have a big fan (Tsubasa: Hibiki and Makoto: Mana) they have swords attacks, they have a side pony tail, in the beginning they were cold and stubborn, now they are cool and brave and they have lost a person (Tsubasa: Kanade and Makoto: Princess Marie Ange).