|This hero was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being admirable enough or lacks what is necessary to be a purely good hero. Therefore, this hero shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed heroes rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same do-gooder. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PG heroes.|
Any act of adding this hero to the Pure Good category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this hero without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
|Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility."
Spider-Man has declared that this article is still under construction.
|“||You think you can destroy the Elements of Harmony just like that? Well, you’re wrong...because the spirits of the Elements of Harmony are right here!||„|
|~ Twilight to Nightmare Moon.|
|“||How the Magic of Friendship grows.||„|
|~ Twilight Sparkle's final words in the series as she sends her student Luster Dawn to Ponyville to make new friends and learn more about friendship just as she did, as well as the last words in the Friendship series.|
Twilight Sparkle is the overall main protagonist of the My Little Pony G4 franchise, serving as the main protagonist of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, My Little Pony: The Movie, and My Little Pony: Pony Life. She is also the protagonist in My Little Pony: Equestria Girls, the deuteragonist in My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks, a minor character in My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Friendship Games, and a supporting character in the digital series.
She was a female Unicorn Pony, who then became an Alicorn princess at the end of Season 3. She is both the Princess of Friendship and the former bearer of the Element of Magic.
In the past, she was Princess Celestia's personal student and later her successor. She is also the foster sister and best friend of Spike and is the youngest child and only daughter of Night Light and Twilight Velvet. She used to live in a library but now she is the ruler of the Castle of Friendship. She's Shining Armor's younger sister, Princess Cadence's sister-in-law, and Flurry Heart's paternal aunt. She soon becomes the ruler of Equestria with Spike as her Ambassador and becoming a teacher as well to ponies and creatures alike, including her star student Luster Dawn.
She is voiced by Tara Strong, who also voiced Dil Pickles, Timmy Turner, Melody, Britina, Raven, Bubbles, Clara, X-23, Sari Sumdac, Batgirl, Omi, Ben Tennyson, Talwyn Apogee, Juliet Starling, and UniKitty and her singing voice is done by Rebecca Shoichet who also is the voice of Sunset Shimmer. In the Japanese dub from the series and movie, she was voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro.
- 1 History
- 2 Description
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Episodes and Appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Navigation
Twilight was born a Unicorn and was inspired from a young age to learn magic after witnessing Princess Celestia raise the sun at the Summer Sun Celebration. She took the entrance exam to enter Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, in which she had to magically hatch a dragon's egg. At first, she was unable to do so, but a burst of energy from Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom outside unleashed her magical potential, causing her to start firing off spells uncontrollably until Celestia was able to reach her and subdue her magic. As a result of this, Twilight gained her cutie mark, and Celestia took Twilight as her personal student.
In the two-part titular series premiere "Friendship is Magic", Twilight was sent to Canterlot to oversee the Summer Sun Celebration and was tasked to make friends. When the Summer Sun Celebration was about to begin, Twilight faced Nightmare Moon, an evil Alicorn who Celestia had banished to the moon one thousand years ago. To defeat her, Twilight rediscovered six ancient artifacts called the Elements of Harmony, and in doing so, discovered that she is the bearer of the Element of Magic. After Nightmare Moon's defeat, she stayed in Ponyville to be with her newfound friends, and to learn more about the magic of friendship.
In "The Ticket Master", Twilight and Spike was given two tickets to Grand Galloping Gala. However, her friends desperate to get one ticket from her just to attend the gala too, which she has to make decisions. Her friends are doing favors to her so they could get the ticket, but Twilight refuses unless she makes a decision. She and Spike were chased by the group of ponies to get the ticket from her. When she gets back at the Golden Oak Library and find her friends were there, her friends apologizes to her for getting her so worked up and Twilight decided to return both tickets so she could have the same fate with her friends. In the end, the Mane Six and Spike received their tickets from Princess Celestia.
Twilight ascended from Unicorn to Alicorn after managing to complete an ancient spell first created by the legendary Unicorn wizard Star Swirl the Bearded, becoming a princess in the process.
Along with the five other bearers of the Elements of Harmony, she eventually unleashed the Rainbow Power, which she used to defeat the evil centaur Tirek. In doing so, she gained a new crystal palace in Ponyville and was officially given the title of Princess of Friendship.
Princess Twilight officially grand opening the School of Friendship to teach the magic of friendship to all creature races and spread it across Equestria and beyond. She serves as the school's headmistress, and her friends serve as teachers.
While the Villains invade Canterlot with their strong magic, Twilight was founded by Cozy Glow as she attacks her, but the princess sisters' defend Twilight with their shield. Twilight and her friends fight back and disorient Cozy with unpredictable, non-magical attacks. they then overwhelm and surround Cozy, only for Chrysalis and Tirek arrive to back her up, forcing Twilight to protect herself and her friends with a barrier. The villains gloat over their apparent victory, but Twilight claims that they will be defeated as long as Equestria is united in friendship. The villains laugh at Twilight's sentiment, remarking on the efforts they made to turn the pony races against each other, and they proceed to completely obliterate a sizable portion of the castle. After shattering Twilight's barrier, the villains then prepare to finish her off, only for Rarity to distract them by hurling a boulder at them. Twilight's friends tell her to escape while they hold off the villains' attack, but Twilight refuses to leave her friends behind, but they believe she will come up with a plan to save the day. At trusting her friends' insistence and their words, Twilight tearfully teleports away while the others are completely overwhelmed by the Villains' overpowered magic.
At the Crystal Empire, after being captured by the Villains of Equestria, Twilight's friends finally find her in one of the palace rooms, where she has been hard at work looking for a way to stop Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow but failed to find one. Rainbow Dash thinks that things look bad, but she thinks that there's still hope, but Twilight claims that nothing that they ever done has been perfect due to King Sombra destroying the Tree of Harmony, Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow becoming more powerful than before, the fall of the School of Friendship and everypony race being fallen apart, Twilight also claims that nothing that she and her friends do makes any difference, but her friends think that there's still hope. Twilight then thinks that she has done enough as Applejack claims to her that no matter what she does, nothing going be perfect when she does something and also claims that she doesn't need to quit trying as Twilight retaliates them that it has been revealed that all of this 'ruling Equestria' thing was a lie all along. With words of encouragement and a little tough love, the rest of the Mane Six and Spike place their complete trust in her and convince her to fight in spite of the overwhelming odds. Inspired by their words, Twilight thinks of a plan to face the villains and tells Princess Cadance and Shining Armor to protect Flurry Heart as Equestria's last hope if they fail. Just then, the Mane Six and Spike appear in an open field outside the city, and the villains travel down to confront them. Twilight tells Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Spike to retrieve the Bewitching Bell while she, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash serve as a distraction. Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow face off against Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy and keep them occupied while the others try to steal the Bell, but the villains quickly realize what they are up to and prevent any attempt to take it. When Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy threaten serious harm to Spike, the Mane Six surrender, and the villains prepare to finish them off. They blast the ponies with powerful magic, but they are unexpectedly protected by a magic barrier with no idea who created it. Twilight is shocked to see ponies and creatures working together after everything the villains did to drive them apart. Twilight is overjoyed that her opening the school turned out to be a good thing. Just as Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy fight through the Equestrian army's forces, Twilight confronts them directly and delivers an impassioned speech about the Magic of Friendship and how, despite how much darkness there is in the world, there will always be those who seek out the light. Her passion brings her friends, the Young Six, and the Pillars of Old Equestria to her side, and the power of their combined magic creates a rainbow of light that banishes the windigos and strips the villains' stolen strength. Celestia expresses how proud she is of Twilight for overcoming her greatest adversity and recognizes that she is officially ready to rule Equestria. Twilight also feels she is finally ready to rule, but for her first royal decision, she decides to postpone the coronation until Canterlot Castle is rebuilt so that she and her friends can spend some quiet time.
By the end of the series, after defeating Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow, Twilight has become the successor in the princess sisters' throne, ruling Equestria alongside a now-adult Spike, whom she promote him has her ambassador of all creatures and becomes a teacher for gifted ponies and creatures, in which she also gains a star pupil/student of her own named Luster Dawn, who also has similar origins of her own during her youth/young adult years and begins to teach her the true meaning for the magic of friendship.
Just as her mentor did for her, Twilight begins her student's journey into learning friendship and making new friends, which puts an end to her chapter and into beginning a new.
MLP: The Movie
Twilight is a Unicorn (later Alicorn) with light purple fur and an navy blue-colored mane and tail, stylized with rim cuts, and also has two lighter-purple and pink stripes running down both. She also has purple irises and prominent eyelashes, and also, occasionally, thicker eyebrows. She has a moderately-sized horn, which grew in width when she ascended to an Alicorn. Upon her ascension into an Alicorn, Twilight gained wings on her back. In the final episode of the series, Twilight becomes much taller than her friends, excluding a now-adult Spike, who is also now taller than the rest of the group. She wears the fused princess crowns into a crown of her own, wears a necklace and high-heel golden shoes, and has become the same height/size and form of Celestia and Luna. Her mane and tail now have also become longer, as well as moving exactly like the former rulers'.
Twilight is by default a kind and sweet girl but is very strict and orderly. She holds a very high sense of responsibility (almost bordering on OCD) and values hard work and education. She is also extremely organized, having Spike look over her daily checklists three times over. During her childhood and adolescence living in Canterlot, Twilight started as a bit of a loner, valuing schoolwork and education over friendship and social participation, which led to many disappointments from her acquaintances (save for Spike) when they attempted to invite her to join social gatherings and parties, or generally to have fun. After being sent to Ponyville by Celestia on an assignment of overseeing the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration.
Like Pinkie Pie, she's also known to be optimistic, always having a positive and cheerful attitude when it comes to situations and having fun.
Sociability and friendship
Twilight is first introduced in the series as being asocial, but not rude. She politely refuses an invitation to Moon Dancer's get-together and later states that she and Spike "don't have time for that sort of thing." When Princess Celestia tells to oversee the arrangements of the Summer Sun Celebration in Ponyville and to try and make friends, Twilight is indifferent to the latter request. Throughout the series premiere, however, Twilight comes to accept her new friendships and expresses a desire to stay with her new friends in Ponyville.
In Amending Fences, Twilight returns to Canterlot in an attempt to apologize to her former friends for her past actions. She succeeds with Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts, and Minuette, but Moon Dancer coldly rebuffs the four mares. Minuette and Twilight compare Moon Dancer's behavior to the way Twilight used to act. Twilight manages to get Moon Dancer to open up and she forgives her for her rejection.
Love of books and knowledge
In Friendship is Magic, part 1, Twinkleshine says Twilight is more interested in books than friends. Even after Twilight becomes good friends with the rest of the main characters, she continues to read and consult books. For example, she confidently joins a marathon after reading several books about running in Fall Weather Friends. She is also very knowledgeable about Equestria's history, as seen in such episodes as Luna Eclipsed and Testing Testing 1, 2, 3.
Twilight tries to be rational in unfamiliar situations. During the investigation in MMMystery on the Friendship Express, Twilight tells Pinkie to stop making wild accusations, and they work together to find clues and solve the mystery. However, Twilight can lose her cool under stress. In Swarm of the Century, she hysterically suggests building a replica of Ponyville in less than a minute before Princess Celestia can see the damage done by the parasite infestation. In Lesson Zero, Twilight goes crazy in her attempt to write to Celestia about a friendship problem, to the point of deciding to create a problem herself. In The Crystal Empire - Part 1, she shows a desperate desire to pass a test that Celestia gives her.
Twilight tends to be skeptical of unproven claims, such as her friends' belief that Zecora is an evil enchantress in Bridle Gossip, and Pinkie's "Pinkie Sense" in Feeling Pinkie Keen.
In Party Pooped, Twilight displays an irrational fear of quesadillas.
In My Little Pony The Movie, Twilight believes that Beyond Equestria can never have friendship problems that can be solved since a con artist cat tried to sell them and some parrot pirates nearly ratted them out. In Seaquestria, after Queen Novo refuses to give them the transformation pearl, Twilight secretly lets her friends unknowingly act friendly to Princess Skystar and Queen Novo while she tries to steal the pearl. Her mistake got them banished from Seaquestria and Pinkie and the others chastises Twilight for trying to steal the seaponies' pearl, and Twilight chastises her friends by pointing out that they are no better than her and said that using their regular methods outside of Equestria won't work, as Twilight realized what she just said and regrets it and tries to take it back but Pinkie, who was heartbroken by Twilight's words, walks off and that caused her friends to wrongly separate from her even when she felt sorry for what she just said (after Twilight accidentally yells that she would've been better without friends like them), but they should never have done that because it made Twilight finally getting captured by Tempest Shadow. However after her friends realize their terrible mistake, they return to save her, she apologizes to them and the others apologized too for their foolishness when they should've focused their grudge on the Storm King. Then they all fight against him by trying to get the staff and with Tempest's help they defeated him and Twilight made friends with Tempest and possibly befriends everyone that she never made friends with.
- Spike - Adoptive brother, Ally, Best Friend
- Fluttershy - Friend and Ally
- Rainbow Dash - Friend and Ally
- Pinkie Pie - Friend and Ally
- Rarity - Friend and Ally
- Applejack - Friend and Ally
- Zecora - Ally
- Discord - Enemy Turned Ally
- Trixie Lulamoon - Enemy Turned Ally
- Sunset Shimmer - Enemy Turned Ally
- Starlight Glimmer - Enemy Turned Ally
- Tempest Shadow - Enemy turned Ally
- Nightmare Moon - former enemy
- Queen Chrysalis - Archenemy
- Gilda (formerly)
- Discord - former enemy turned ally
- Chancellor Neighsay - former enemy turned ally
- Trixie Lulamoon - former enemy turned ally
- Sunset Shimmer - former enemy turned ally
- Starlight Glimmer - former enemy turned ally
- Tirek - Archenemy
- Storm King - Archenemy
- Tempest Shadow - former enemy turned ally
- Grubber - former enemy turned ally
- Flim and Flam - Enemies
- Diamond Dogs - Enemies
- Cozy Glow - former friend, ally, turned Archenemy
- King Sombra - Archenemy
Powers and Abilities
- Child Prodigy: Twilight possessed a hidden magical potential as a filly, which eventually unleashed itself due to the energizing effect of a sonic rainboom.
- Enhanced Durability: In My Little Pony The Movie, Twilight Sparkle able to withstand after being blasted out of the cage by the Storm King. Later in Horse Play, Twilight can survive after being caught in the blast from Trixie's gigantic firework, In The Ending of the End: Part 1, Twilight withstand a magic blast from Cozy Glow (as an Alicorn) without injury.
- Genuis-Level Intelligence: Twilight is highly intelligent and knowledgeable, able to retain a great deal of information, and use it to her advantage. Sometimes Twilight doesn't does things that aren't that smart, sometimes freaks out too much over little things that aren't that much of a big deal and sometimes she got outsmarted by some of her sworn enemies, but Twilight (including her friends) are still smarter than their villianous enemies 10 to 1.
- Alicorn Physiology: Twilight is a Unicorn Pony who transforms into an Alicorn and becomes a princess, allowing her both to fly and cast magic, including new levels of power that ordinary Unicorns could never possess.
- Magic: Twilight Sparkle is extremely adept at magic, as it's her special talent.
- Spell Casting: Twilight can perform a large number of different magical spells. Twilight can perform other various spells and tricks, she can learn spells simply by watching others perform them.
- Levitation: Twilight can self-levitate using her telekinesis.
- Gravity Alteration: Twilight can use a "gravity spell" to change the direction of a gravitational field within a certain area.
- Magic Beam Emission: She can shoot concussive blasts from her horn.
- Force-Field: Twilight can create a force-field to protect herself and/or others.
- Teleportation: Twilight possesses the ability to teleport herself and others.
- Telekinesis: Twilight's horn usually glows white or a faint shade of purple, and objects assume a glow of white, purple, or magenta; when she affects multiple objects at once, several other colors are used as well, allow her to manipulate them.
- Hair Growth: Twilight Sparkle can make ponies and non-ponies creatures grow mustaches in different styles.
- Thought Manipulation: Twilight Sparkle was able to use a spell to stop the Parasprites from eating food, as well as a spell to stop the Vampire Fruit Bats from sucking the juice from the apples.
- Animation: Twilight Sparkle can use a "come to life" spell to make objects come to life.
- Dowsing: Twilight Sparkle can use a spell to sense and find gems just like Rarity.
- Memory Restoration: Twilight Sparkle can use a "memory spell" to restore a Pony's memories.
- Summoning: In Magic Duel, Twilight Sparkle uses a spell to summon a Parasite.
- Heat Generation: Twilight Sparkle can generate a great amount of heat to melt snow.
- Water Manipulation: In Magic Duel, Twilight Sparkle can cast a spell to manipulate water by forming water spheres.
- Smoke Generation: Twilight Sparkle can amount of pink smoke.
- Immobilization: Twilight Sparkle can use a spell to freeze things in place.
- Transformation Inducement: Twilight Sparkle can use a spell to turn ponies into other races, in It Ain't Easy Being Breezies, Twilight uses this spell to transform herself and the other Mane Six into Breezies.
- Light Generation: Twilight Sparkle can use her horn to create amount light.
- Love Inducement: Twilight Sparkle can use a spell to enhance an object which will make Ponies fall in love with it once seen it.
- Book Jumping: Twilight Sparkle can enter books.
- Voice Manipulation: Twilight Sparkle can cast a spell to make her voice echo which will Ponies to heard her from far distances
- Audio Recording: Twilight Sparkle can use a spell to record things and playback them as images.
- Crystal Imprisonment: Like Starlight Glimmer, Twilight Sparkle can trap a target in a crystal.
- Dark Magic: In The Crystal Empire - Part 2, she replicates King Sombra’s dark magic to reveal hidden passageways in the Crystal Empire castle.
- Spell Casting: Twilight can perform a large number of different magical spells. Twilight can perform other various spells and tricks, she can learn spells simply by watching others perform them.
- Flight: Twilight can fly in the same manner as a Pegasus after she becomes an Alicorn.
- Magic Embodiment: Twilight possesses the element of magic.
- Crystal Generation
- Transmutation: Twilight can transmutate living beings as well as inanimate objects.
- Time Travel: Twilight was able to meet her future self in "It's About Time" that her future self warns her of an upcoming event in the near future.
- Bind: In "Shadow Play - Part 2" Twilight uses a spell to cast a magic rope to save Stygian from the Pony of Shadows.
- Wall Generation: Twilight can create walls from magical energy as a form of barrier.
Episodes and Appearances
- With Pony Life being similar to Teen Titans Go!, Twilight Sparkle in Pony Life resembles the Go! version of Raven (who is also voiced by Tara Strong) and the Go! version of Robin.
- Twilight seemed to have a crush on Flash Sentry in the human world. When she met Flash's pony counterpart, who is a guard in the Crystal Palace, after her journey, he reminded her of human Flash. However, it is unknown if she still had a crush on him or not.
- Season 1 is the only season where Twilight appears and has dialogue in every episode.
- This is parallel to Applejack, who appeared and had dialogue in every episode of Season 3.
- Twilight has appeared in the following episodes without any of the other Mane Six: Hearts and Hooves Day, Princess Spike, The Times They Are a Changeling, A Royal Problem, Triple Threat, Once Upon a Zeppelin, Uncommon Bond, Surf and/or Turf, The Parent Map, Road to Friendship, and The Point of No Return. Out of all the Mane Six, she has the most amount of solo episodes.
- Twilight is the only member of the Mane Six who doesn't age in appearance in the future. This is most likely owing to her having immense magic and slowed down aging after ascending Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's throne.
- Twilight is both the first and last character to speak in the series.
My Little Pony 'n Friends