|“||That's my boy.||„|
|~ Spike Catchphrase to Tyke|
Tyke Bulldog is a major character of the Tom and Jerry franchise. He is the bulldog puppy son of Spike Bulldog.
He was voiced by Patric Zimmerman in The Tom and Jerry Kids Show.
- Like his father, Tyke hates cats. When his father, Spike is overprotective and will beat up Tom and the other cats who are picked on or bothered Tyke.
- He seems to have a voice, he can only bark and make dog sounds of his own, not much is known about his personality. Except that he hates cats (like his father).
- Also, in The Tom and Jerry Kids Show, he can talk, unlike in original cartoons. He's unlike a spoiled puppy dog brat.
He is a small gray bulldog puppy, wearing a red (in Tom and Jerry Kids blue) collar.
He is Spike's young pup son, he usually appeared as a recurring role in the Tom and Jerry franchise.
- Spike and Tyke's father/son relationship would later be used for a series called Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy which debuted in The Quick-Draw McGraw Show in 1959.
- In Tom and Jerry show 2014, despite his father Spike severs his friendship with Jerry Mouse for abusing him and framing Tom, Tyke is still friends with Jerry
The Wizard of Oz