|“||That's my boy.||„|
|~ Spike Catchphrase to Tyke|
Tyke Bulldog is a major character of the Tom and Jerry franchise. He is the bulldog puppy son of Spike Bulldog.
He was voiced by Patric Zimmerman in The Tom and Jerry Kids Show.
- Like his father, Tyke hates cats. When his father, Spike is overprotective and will beat up Tom and the other cats who are picked on or bothered Tyke.
- He seems to have a voice, he can only bark and make dog sounds of his own, not much is known about his personality. Except that he hates cats (like his father).
- Also, in The Tom and Jerry Kids Show, he can talk, unlike in original cartoons. He's unlike a spoiled puppy dog brat.
He is a small gray bulldog puppy, wearing a red (in Tom and Jerry Kids blue) collar.
He is Spike's young pup son, he usually appeared as a recurring role in the Tom and Jerry franchise.
- Spike and Tyke's father/son relationship would later be used for a series called Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy which debuted in The Quick-Draw McGraw Show in 1959.
- In Tom and Jerry show 2014, despite his father Spike severs his friendship with Jerry Mouse for abusing him and framing Tom, Tyke is still friends with Jerry