|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Usami contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||If you can learn to love yourself... That love will continue to support you for the rest of your life.||„|
|~ Usami to her students before her and Chiaki's execution.|
Usami, also known by her full name, "Magical Girl Miracle ★ Usami," is a rabbit that appears in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. She is later renamed Monomi without consent by Monokuma, whom she was also adopted as a younger sister by.
In the English version of the games, she was voiced by Rebecca Forstadt.
Usami is gentle and kindhearted. As the students' teacher, she encourages them to strengthen their bonds with each other and does not like it when they get into fights. She also emphasizes the importance of caring for the environment, prohibiting the students from throwing trash anywhere on the island. Usami is, however, an unwitting pawn to Monokuma, and often the butt of his jokes.
- Monomi talks in a very childish way, sometimes including chu sounds in her speech and replacing "r" with "w" if a word would start with "r" and pronouncing "love" as "wuv".
- Her favourite phrase is "love, love".
- In the first of her many attempts to get Monokuma out of the island, her appearance is changed, causing Monokuma to mockingly name her "Monomi."
- After Monokuma alters her, even her dialogue display, which originally labeled her Usami, immediately changes to Monomi.
- In chapter 2, after Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu nearly dies, Monomi states: "If I could save himself myself I would... but my magical stick is gone and I am close to powerless..." This means she most likely has some form of healing powers.
- In chapter 3, she reveals that she, along with her brother, fears mice. Specifically, the idea of them biting her ears.
- In the beginning of the game, she manages to warp the entire school to the island, proving she has some sort of teleportation power.
- Her development and creation were originally meant to have her be standing over Monokuma before having it being changed to having her serve as the kind-hearted foil to his murderous nature.