Hello, recently I noticed that Batgirl (DC Superhero girls 2019) is in the Pure Good Category, I figure that it’s time to make a Removal Proposal For Her.
What’s The Work?
DC Super Hero Girls is an American animated superhero television series developed by Lauren Faust and produced by Warner Bros. Animation for Cartoon Network. Based on the web series and franchise of the same name, the series premiered on March 8, 2019, the series follows the adventures of teenage versions of Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Bumblebee, Supergirl, Green Lantern, and Zatanna who are students at Metropolis High School.
Who is she?
Barbara "Babs" Gordon (also known as Batgirl) is one of the main characters in the second generation of the DC Super Hero Girls franchise. She is a member of the Super Hero Girls, she is the comic relief out of all of her friends. She is known to be bubbly, cheerful, upbeat, somewhat tomboyish, and downright optimistic. She is the one who wants everyone to get along and is often seen as the "cheerleader" in the group because of her contagious enthusiasm and zest for life. However, she is a fangirl and her ambitious nature makes her destined to be Batman's future sidekick. She is also a creative problem solver and will use her creativity and her surprisingly analytical thinking to stop the bad guys and be the glue in her friendships.
Why doesn't she qualify
Sure she is a superheroine who wants fight supervillains and save the world but sometimes she shown to be not so without flaws:
- In #ShockItToMe she with her friends but Diana laughs of Lois' humiliation.
- In #BackInAFlash Babs uses Barry's Speed Force for time travelling for her own needs, accidentally causing a bad future and blames Barry for it.
- She can be cocky at times: when Babs rivals with Kara in the short #PrizeFighter and in the episode #BeastsinShow she acts like a dismissive smug towards her sporting self-safisfied smirks and grins. In #WorldsFinest after the businessman Max Lord improves their reputations, Supergirl and Batgirl both let their egos jeopardize their friendship becoming egotistical and feeling that they are more important than the other. Pure Good Heroes never think highly of themselves.
- Babs occasionally lashes out and loses her cool as shown in the shorts #BatandSwitch when she shoots Zee in her hair with the glue gun and in #ComicGone when she punches Harley unamused by their comments. Pure good heroes never lose their cool.
- She cares more about be a superhero than takes her duties (eg do the dishes, clean up the hideout, etc.).
- She might as a mischievous side as shown in #School Ghoul when she scares Kara and in #SuperWonderBatBeeZeeLanternMobile when she giggle and used an arm pump to signal a truck driver to honk the horn, surprising her friends.
- In #SuperWonderBatBeeZeeLanternMobile she fights her friends for the car, to the point of causing its destruction.
- In #WorkingStiff devastated of being fired Barbara sets out to bring back legendary former employee Mitchell Mayo and prove to Shane that she knows what it means to take the job seriously. However, Mitchell reveals actually to being a supervillain, landing her, Karen and Shane in trouble.
For those that had not seen DC Super Hero Girls episodes and shorts watch these links, thanks:
She is selfless, honest, loyal and friendly but shown to have flaws that never would qualify a pure good.
That's why i say cut.