Hello everyone! So, I have watched the movie, Matilda, and I have thought I should propose two characters that might be good candidates for Pure Good.
Today, I will be proposing Matilda Wormwood.
WHAT’S THE WORK?
Matilda is a 1996 American fantasy comedy film that was based on Roald Dahl’s popular 1988 novel of the same name.
Like the novel, the film focuses on a young average girl named Matilda Wormwood who is stuck with a crude, distant father and mother named Harry and Zinnia Wormwood. However, when Matilda realizes she has the power of telekinesis, she begins to defend her friends from Trunchbull's wrath and fight back against her unkind parents.
WHO IS SHE? WHAT HAS SHE DONE?
Matilda Wormwood (later honey) is the main titular protagonist of the 1988 novel and 1996 film of the same name.
She is the daughter of Harry Wormwood and Zinnia Wormwood, who treat her abusively and ignore her intellectual gifts.
- She knocked over the water glass, by recreating it for Miss Honey.
- Unlike her family, she is selfless and is very friendly towards any people she meet.
- She stood up towards her father by calling calls out him out on his monstrous sham of a used-car-lot....and the glued-on-hat prank she plays after he berates her for calling him out.
- She refuses to give up Lavender.
- Despite her father being very abusive towards her, she hugged him as thanks for having her attend school.
- She saved Amanda witnessed the Trunchbull throwing Amanda Thripp over the fence for wearing her hair in pigtails.
- She protected her father from the mafia.
By protecting the children and Miss Honey from Truncbull.
Well, she did got angry and exploded the television, but this was only because of how her father was abusive towards her.
I would go with yes for her, as She is very friendly towards people and always help, or save them.