My 9th Pure Good proposal - Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy VII.
What's the work?
Final Fantasy VII is a 1997 science fantasy video game. It is set in a dystopian cyberpunk world (initally the city of Midgar) and follows mercenary Cloud Strife who joins the terrorist group AVALANCHE who battle against the corrupt world-destroying megacorporation, Shinra Inc. As the story goes on, Cloud (alongside his allies Tifa, Aerith, Barrett and Red XIII) tries to defeat his arch enemy Sephiroth, a former elite SOLDIER gone insane who wishes to destroy the planet, while also uncovering his own pass. In the Remake, Sephiroth attempts to alter the events of Final Fantasy VII in order to emerge victorious.
Who is she?
Tifa is a childhood friend and love interest of Cloud Strife, a bar tender in the Sector 7 bar Seventh Heaven in Midgar and a member of the eco-terrorist group, AVALANCHE, who fight against Shinra Inc. She is also the secondary arch enemy of Sephiroth, due to the latter killing her father alongside Cloud's mother.
What has she done?/Heroic acts
- Prioritizes protecting the lives of others, even low-level Shinra employees, due to the horror she experienced from Nibelheim and how she wants no one to feel that way again.
- Is highly protective of Cloud, often helping him with his trauma and saving his life on various occasions and vice versa.
- Is empathetic and protective towards her fellow teammates.
- Helped oppose the evil actions of Shinra.
- Took issue with AVALANCHE's worst actions and didn't like the bombings that AVALANCHE committed against Shinra, even though they were done for the greater good.
- She feels guilt when deactivating the sun lamps in Sector 4, and when seeing scared employees in the Shinra Building, remarks how easy it is to forget that many of Shinra's staff are just ordinary people trying to make the best lives for themselves, showing she is sympathetic to everyone.
- Often gets into danger herself to prevent anyone else from getting in danger, such as how she went to Don Corneo's without asking for Barrett's help and assuring Cloud not to come. When Aerith and Cloud came, she felt bad for Aerith being involved.
- Encouraged Leslie Kyle on his loved one's disappearance, telling him his fiancée was still out there and that the pendant she had given him symbolized reunion.
- Watched over Cloud after suffering from a mako overdose and helped restored his memories.
- Goes to help Cloud and the rest of AVALANCHE during the attack on the Sector 7 plate, despite him not wanting her to.
- Tried to stop the Shinra from dropping the plate on Sector 7 and destroying it and those who lived there.
- Makes peace between her companions, such as Barret and Cait Sith and understands both their arguments.
- Protected Marlene from Loz.
- Cared for and protected Marlene and Denzel.
- While she is a love rival with Aerith's due to her feelings for Cloud, she is incredibly empathetic and supportive of Aerith, helping her with her issues, reassuring her and being genuine good friends with her. Therefore it isn't a mitigating factor as she doesn't take it far at all and her kindness towards Aerith completely replaces it.
The most moral character in Final Fantasy VII.