This Hero was Headlined on November 2015.
|“||I am Vegeta, Prince of all Saiyans!||„|
|“||IT'S OVER 9000!!||„|
|~ Vegeta's most known catchphrase.|
|“||Only a failure abandons his principles and pride!!!||„|
|~ Vegeta dominating Toppo during the power tournament and expressing how much he disgusts him for giving up everything for power.|
Vegeta is the deuteragonist of the Dragon Ball franchise. He starts as the main antagonist of the Saiyan Saga, but as the story progresses, he becomes one of the heroes of the Z Warriors. He is the prince of the warrior race known as the Saiyans. He also has an on & off rivalry with Goku, but they are usually on good terms.
He is voiced by Ryo Horikawa in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Christopher R. Sabat in the English version of the anime.
|“||Jiren: Your battle is already over, Saiyan. You know it's futile and yet something pushes you to keep going. What could it be?
Vegeta: Good question. But even if I told you, you wouldn't understand, because you're just a cold-blooded bastard. You wouldn't know what it means to fight for others with all your heart and soul!
|~ Vegeta's determination.|
Vegeta is a cold and disdainful man, as well as bitter about the destruction of his people and their time under Frieza's boot. Because of his title as a prince and his Saiyan heritage, he feels that he is superior to almost everyone else and thinks Saiyans are the strongest race in the universe. Ever since he was a child, Vegeta has had no problem with killing but has become less inclined to do so over time. In fact, he has stated that he became a ruthless killer and warrior due to Frieza making him so, indicating he could have turned out differently. As time went on, Vegeta eventually lost his mercilessness and cruelty, becoming more relaxed and very attached to his wife and children. After becoming Majin Vegeta, he did return to his former ways, but it was just a failed attempt to regain his cruelty, thinking that was what made him strong before. As one of the elites of the Saiyan race, Vegeta was obsessed with becoming a Super Saiyan, something that is legendary amongst his people. He was also obsessed with surpassing his rival, Goku, and in the movie, Fusion Reborn, he actually wept at his inability to do so. However, as Goku fought Kid Buu, Vegeta finally admitted that his rival was superior and his rivalry towards him has become more of a friendly one. Vegeta is rather aggressive and easily enraged, but can also be rather intelligent and serious, though he possesses a dry, even dark sense of humour, often mocking his enemies. Despite his arrogance and feelings of superiority, Vegeta has at times shown fear of powerful opponents but has always continued to fight them.
Vegeta is an extremely powerful warrior, rivalled only by Goku. As a Saiyan, he possesses superhuman strength, speed, endurance, and durability and gains a significant increase in power whenever he is injured. Vegeta can manipulate energy in the form of blasts and flight, as well as sense the energy of others, and with his tail, he can become a Great Ape by being exposed to Blutz Waves, increasing his power ten times.
Like many characters in the Dragon Ball series, Vegeta has a number of signature techniques that he uses. One is the Big Bang Attack, where he fires a medium-sized ball of energy from his hand, generating a sizable explosion. Another is Galick Gun, one of his most powerful attacks early on in the series, where Vegeta holds his hands in front of his torso with the backs parallel to each other while bending to one side, charging energy around him before thrusting his hands forward, firing a beam of energy.
Another of his techniques is the Final Flash, where Vegeta holds his hands out at his sides, charging energy in them, before bringing them together in front of him and firing a powerful blast of energy. The next of Vegeta's techniques is Super Energy Wave Volley, where he fires a fast barrage of energy waves at the opponent. Another is the Final Shine Attack, where he holds his hand at his side, charging a sphere of energy in it, then brings his hang forward, firing a powerful blast. Vegeta has the ability to transform into a Super Saiyan, where his power and abilities greatly increases beyond his normal form, and he had been obsessed with obtaining this form for most of his life, especially after he saw others do so.
When he transforms into a Super Saiyan, Vegeta's hair turns pale blond, his eyes become green, and his body becomes slightly more muscular. He later gained the form of an Ascended Super Saiyan, which is a more advanced level of the Super Saiyan form and is much more powerful than the normal form. In this form, Vegeta calls himself "Super Vegeta" with his muscles increasing in size and his hair becoming larger and spikier.
Eventually Vegeta gained the ability to transform into a Super Saiyan 2, which is a successor transformation to the normal Super Saiyan form. It gives him much greater strength, speed, and energy output and causes his hair to become longer and spikier, as well as electricity to appear in the energy aura surrounding him. Vegeta later gained the form of Super Saiyan 4, after Bulma empowered him with a Blutz Wave generating machine, though it made him transform into a Golden Great Ape at first.
He managed to regain consciousness in that form, allowing him to make the jump to Super Saiyan 4. Vegeta becomes even more powerful when he transforms into this form since it is the perfect combination of Super Saiyan and Great Ape forms. In this form, he gains red fur on much of his body and tail, his hair becomes longer, more wild,
and brown in colour and his eyes become aqua coloured. In the Raging Blast video games, Vegeta gained the ability to transform into a Super Saiyan 3, a transformation level above the Super Saiyan 2 transformation and dramatically increasing his power, but has never done this in the anime or manga. Vegeta also learned how to perform
the Fusion Dance with Goku, causing them to fuse together into the more powerful Gogeta, which they have used when facing highly powerful opponents. However, this technique has to be performed exactly correct or it will result in a fusion that's actually less powerful than the fusees and it only lasts 30 minutes. Then the fuses have to wait an hour before they can do it again.
- Vegeta's rivalry with Goku has made him so determined to be the one to beat him, that he actually saved Goku's life numerous times.
- Unlike other characters, Vegeta has always referred to Goku by his Saiyan name, "Kakarot", with a few rare exceptions.
- Counting his Super Saiyan 3 form in Raging Blast, Vegeta has apparently reached every Super Saiyan form, since it was stated that he could use the Ultra Super Saiyan form, but didn't because of the fact it takes away speed.
- Technically, Vegeta should be the "king" of the Saiyans due to his father's death but has never referred to himself by this title, possibly out of respect for his father.
- Though he lost his father during his childhood, Vegeta seems to have inherited his father's talent for applying military tactics in real-time fieldwork.
- In his first few appearances in Dragon Ball Z, Vegeta had a completely different color scheme with orange and green armor and brown hair.
- As the Dragon Ball Z series went on, Vegeta wore less and less of his armor, first losing the crotch guard after the Saiyan saga, then the shoulder guards during the Captain Ginyu Saga, then just a chest plate in the Android saga, and finally in the World Tournament Saga where he wore no armor at all.
- After the Frieza Saga, it seemed as if Vegeta's left arm took the most damage whenever he was badly hurt in battle.
- He has a habit of referring to himself in the third person whenever he's in a Super Saiyan form.
- Vegeta is the only pure-blooded Saiyan seen in the series whose children weren't born with the black spiky hair and black eyes commonly seen in Saiyans.
- Vegeta is one of Goku's major rivals in the series, alongside Hit and Jiren.
- As of Dragon Ball Super Manga Chapter 61 of the Galactic Patrol Saga Vegeta finally succeeds in surpassing Goku. However this is no longer the case as of Chapter 64.
|The Headlined Heroes|