|“||Alright, listen up. I know you've all been through hell. I wish I could say our troubles are over, but we're not through this yet. WCKD's still out there. They're not giving up. 'Cause you got something they want. They took you because you're immune to a plague that's wiping out the human race. And they think you're worth sacrificing to find a cure. Well, I don't. So in two days, when we get this tub of rust seaworthy, we're getting the hell outta here. We're gonna go to a place where WCKD will never find you. A place you can start over. A place you can call home.||„|
|~ Vince's explainable speech to the Immunes.|
Vince is the leader of the Right Arm.
He is Thomas, Newt, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Jorge, Sonya, and Harriet's best friend and fellow Right Arm member, Teresa's former enemy and current best friend, and Minho and Gally's best friend and ally.
Vince is portrayed by Barry Pepper, who also portrays Daniel Jackson in Saving Private Ryan, John F. Kennedy in The Kennedys, Jay Fuller in The Lone Ranger, Rick Lovick in Monster Trucks, and David Keller in Crawl.
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
In the Scorch Trials film, Vince is first seen when Group A is taken to the Right Arm by Sonya and Harriet. When he discovers Brenda's injured leg (Crank-bite), he attempts to shoot her in order to put her out of her misery, but is stopped by Thomas and Jorge. Mary Cooper, a former WCKD scientist, reveals that Thomas was their informant. As Mary halts Brenda's infection using an enzyme cure, Mary explains that the enzyme can only be harvested from an Immune's body, not manufactured, and that arguments over the methods of manufacturing the cure with Ava lead to Mary's departure from WCKD. That evening, Teresa calls WCKD to her location, believing that WCKD's motivations are good, leading to an ambush by WCKD. Ava and Janson arrive and confront the Right Arm before WCKD troops captures survivors for experimentation, including Minho, Aris, and Sonya, while Janson shoots Mary in the stomach. After Thomas and the Right Arm fend the WCKD troops off, Ava, Janson, and Teresa retreat with their captured survivors. With only a fraction of survivors left at the site, Thomas plans an infiltration into WCKD and is determined to take them down to save his friends and save civilization, Thomas threatens to kill Ava Paige and Janson as his friends and the Right Arm agree to help and prepare to fight back.
Maze Runner: The Death Cure
At night, while Vince, Aris, Brenda, Jorge, Sonya, Harriet, the Right Arm, and the Immune teenagers sleep, Thomas, Newt, and Frypan leave the hideout to go to the Last City to rescue Minho.
Three nights later, Jorge returns to the Right Arm's hideout to pick up Vince. They take a berg and fly to the building to pick up Frypan, Brenda, and the Immune teenagers.
Vince, Frypan, Brenda, Jorge, and the Immune teenagers are waiting at the berg when they hear Teresa telling Thomas that his blood can cure Newt like it did Brenda. Minho and Gally arrive, asking where the serum is. Vince, Jorge, and the Immune teenagers stay in the berg while Minho, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda run to the train station.
Minho, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda return to the berg where Jorge flies them, Vince, and the Immune teenagers to the top of the WCKD tower where Thomas and Teresa are. Thomas is unable to get on the berg due to being shot in the stomach by Janson, but Teresa manages to throw him onto the ramp of the berg, allowing Vince, Minho, Gally, Frypan, and Brenda to pull him onboard. Teresa falls to her death when the WCKD tower collapses. As Jorge flies Vince, Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Brenda, and the Immune teenagers away from the tower, Vince helps Gally bandage Thomas' wound.
Sometime later, Vince, Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Jorge, Sonya, Harriet, the Right Arm, and the Immune teenagers arrive at the Safe Haven. Vince is picking corn with Sonya when he and her see Thomas, who has woken up, approaching them. Vince watches on as Thomas and Minho hug. At night, at the campfire, Vince gives a speech to Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Jorge, Sonya, Harriet, the Right Arm, and the Immune teenagers.
Vince puts a log down on the campfire. Vince goes to the memorial rock and carves Mary's name on it. Vince is sitting at the campfire with Minho, Gally, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Jorge, Sonya, Harriet, the Right Arm, and the Immune teenagers when Thomas approaches them and sits down with them. The next day, Vince watches Thomas carve Teresa's name on the memorial rock. Thomas walks along the beach, stops walking, looks at the ocean and the ship, takes out the serum, looks at it, and looks out into the distance.
Physical Appearance and Personality
Vince is described as being a "huge man, more fat than muscle, his girth barely contained between the arms of the white plastic chair he sat in." He also has massive arms and a deep voice.
Skills and Abilities
- Leadership: As the Leader of the resistance known as The Right Arm, Vince was shown to give many great tactics, strategies, and moral support in speeches to those who follow in his army and leads them to freedom against WCKD.
- Master Marksmanship & Weapon Proficiency: Vince is shown to have excellent experience in using many small arms, rifles, machine ammunition in the battlefield. As first shown in Scorch Trials, he used a shotgun for defense before handing it to Minho to provide cover while he loads the M2 Browning which he managed to fire at multiple WCKD soldiers and helicopter at further distances with ease. In the Death Cure film, he carries a TiSAS Zigana Sport pistol and uses it on a few WCKD soldiers to rescue and defend in getting his allies and the captured immunes to safety as he shot one soldier in the left side of the shoulder and another somewhere between chest.
- Remington 870: During the Scorch Trials film, Vince carried this shotgun a primary weapon.
- Colt M1911 Pistol: This firearm was a secondary weapon Vince used besides his Remington.
- M2 Browning: Vince used this machine gun to overpower against WCKD.
- TiSAS Zigana Sport Pistol: In the Death Cure film, Vince was shown carrying this pistol against enemy forces.