| This stub is making Kirby hungry with its lack of substance.|
This article or section is a stub. You can help the Heroes Wiki by expanding it!
What are you waiting for? GO!
Voltron is the eponymous super robot of an TV series Voltron: Defender of the Universe that features a team of Earth humans, known as the Voltron Lion Force. The team’s individual Lion robots join together to form the giant super robot, with which they defend the galaxy from evil.
Initially produced as a joint venture between World Events Productions and Toei Animation, the original TV series aired in syndication from September 10, 1984 to November 18, 1985. The TV series featured footage from the anime Best King Golion as well as several episodes' worth of new animation commissioned from Toei. Animation from the anime Armored Fleet Dairugger XV was largely used for the creation the Voltron: Vehicle Force, featuring a second robot out of various vehicles, but some footage was used for the Lion Force episodes.
Since then, the Voltron franchise has produced spin-offs, sequel series, and a reboot that the robot has appeared in:
- Voltron: Defender of the Universe Modern Comics (1985)
- Voltron: Fleet of Doom (1986)
- Voltron: The Third Dimension (1998)
- Voltron Devil's Due Publishing comics (2003-2008)
- Voltron Dynamite comics (2011)
- Voltron Force and comics (2011)
- Voltron: Legendary Defender and comics (2016)