Wheeljack (aka Que) is an Autobot inventor of The Autobots.
To be added...
Wheeljack joined Optimus Prime on Earth at some point after 2009, alongside Mirage. The pair joined NEST, and were assigned to a unit stationed in Washington, D.C. This put them close to the action when a huge Decepticon battalion attacked Sam Witwicky's Univerity in Philadelphia, and they arrived just in time to help Bumblebee fight off the villains. Wheeljack generated a powerful force field to shield Sam and other human bystanders as they ran from the battle, and the pair helped hold the line until Optimus Prime arrived with reinforcements. Observing that the Decepticons were attempting to flee, Prime ordered Wheeljack to extend his force field in order to keep them from escaping, but before the scientist could comply, Shockwave descended onto the battlefield and grievously damaged Wheeljack with a powerful blast. Wheeljack remained just functional enough to complete his recalibration, trapping Shockwave inside his force field with the furious Optimus Prime. After Prime defeated Shockwave, Ratchet examined Wheeljack's broken body and reported that he could be repaired, though he probably wouldn't be "quite the same".
Dark of the Moon
Que/Wheeljack assisted in the destruction of an illegal nuclear facility in the Middle East, posing as a Defense Minister's car. At NEST he supplies the other Autobots with weaponry, including a new cannon for Ironhide and introduced himself to Director Mearing. He was believed dead when the Autobot's ship is destroyed, but survives along with the others. During the battle in Chicago, he supplied Sam, Epps and their team with grapple gloves and boom sticks (which Sam later used to kill Starscream), but is captured by Soundwave, Barricade and several other Decepticons. Barricade and Soundwave decided to execute Que/Wheeljack, Bumblebee and the three other captured Autobots and started with him. He tries to talk to the Decepticons about not killing them, but a Decepticon Protoform blasts him and Barricade finishes him off with a blast to the back which knocks his head off. His death is soon avenged when Bumblebee kills Soundwave, who ordered his death, and the Decepticon Protoform, who was partially responsible for Que/Wheeljack's death, minutes later. Barricade is later attacked by several soldiers who coincidentally use boomsticks created by Que to cripple him.
- Wheeljack's onscreen name "Que" is a nod to the famous James Bond character Q, who similarly provided his allies with equipment and gadgets. Furthermore, Que's scene in the Chicago battle, where he provides the NEST soldiers with a variety of weapons while stating their various features and functions, is lifted almost wholesale from many Bond movies. The prequel movie Bumblebee confirms that his real name is Wheeljack and "Que" is just a nickname.
- An early working name for him was Steeljaw, and his head was considered to be based on Christopher Lloyd's Doc Brown from the Back to the Future movies rather than Einstein. He was also going to have a 'labcoat', formed from his alternate mode canvas roof. See: Wesley Burt DOTM concepts.
Some trace of this design remains, briefly visible in the film as Prime is saying goodbye to Sam, in the form of a sort of waistcoat or carpenter's tool belt on his waist. That, of course, is in addition to the assortment of gadgets, tools, ammo and weapons attached to his waist, strapped across his chest, and hanging off his back.
- Numerous adaptations of Dark of the Moon (such as the comic Transformers: Dark of the Moon Movie Adaptation and Transformers: Dark of the Moon: The Junior Novelization) illustrated that during the Autobot capture in Chicago, it was Mirage who was executed by Soundwave. However this was changed in the movie to Wheeljack being killed instead while Mirage survived the battle.
- The Transformers: Dark of the Moon (novelization) of the film also included a different death for the character in which he was run off the Chicago streets and into a river by the Driller, where he was torn apart by Decepticon soldiers lying in wait for him.
- The Mercedes-Benz E550 prop car used for Dark of the Moon sported a German/European Union license plate, "M IC3802", registered in the city of Munich, on the Chicago set (The design of the plate is slightly inaccurate, as there should be a space between "IC" and "3802" if it were a real German plate. Also, a German car would have a license plate on the front as well.) See: Dark of the Moon Chicago set
- His accent oscillates between an impenetrably garbled half-Scottish, half-Irish muddle and English "Received Pronunciation" all the way through the film, at times in the same sentence.He does not speak with a German accent, which some American fans seems to have concluded based simply on the fact he looks like Einstein.
- Wheeljack looks much closer to his original counterpart in the IDW comics and Bumblebee, with his different appearance being explained to be due to the damage inflicted on him by Shockwave.
|Transformers Cinematic Universe Heroes|