This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
Yi is the main protagonist of the 2019 Dreamworks film Abominable. She is a young Chinese girl who lives with her parents and a yeti named Everest.
She is voiced by Chloe Bennet, who also plays Daisy "Skye" Johnson on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Yi is a teenage girl living in Shanghai with her mother and stern grandmother. Since the loss of her father, she likes to go into her fort and play her violin, which is all that remains of him, vowing to keep her promise to him that she will go traveling.
One night, Yi notices a yeti on her rooftop. The yeti, whom she names Everest, is on the run from the ruthless Dr. Zara, a mad scientist and poacher who itends to sell Everest to the highest bidder.
Now, it's up to Yi, aided by her friends Ping and Jin, to help Everest find his way home.
- She is the fifth leading female protagonist in a Dreamworks Animation film, after Ginormica, Eep Crood, Ginger, and Poppy.
- Yi bears a resemblance to Go Go Tomago from Disney's Big Hero 6.
- Given the similarities between the three movies, Yi fills in this movie the role that Percy filled in Smallfoot and Sir Lional Frost filled in Missing Link.
- In the Hebrew dub of the film, she is referred to as Li instead of Yi.
- The name "Yi" means 'happy' in Chinese.