This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
The Young Six are a group of 6 teenagers of different races that serve as both supporting protagonists and students at Twilight Sparkle's School of Friendship in the eighth and ninth seasons of the animated television show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
The group is comprised of the easygoing Sandbar (Earth Pony), the gruff Smolder (Dragon), the sarcastic Gallus (Griffon), the shy Ocellus (Changeling), the cheerful but clumsy Yona (Yak), and the hyperactive Silverstream (Hippogriff/Seapony). With the exception of Sandbar, they were sent by the leaders of their race to the School of Friendship to represent their kind and attend the Mane Six's activities.
- In "Non-Compete Clause", Ocellus and Silverstream transformed into Seaponies and saved Yona from drowning. Later, the six worked together to save Applejack and Rainbow Dash from falling into the river and being eaten by the Bite-Acudas, then releasing them from their own unintentional trap.
- In "What Lies Beneath", Gallus helped Silverstream to overcome her fear. So does Smolder with Ocellus.
- In "Father Knows Beast", Smolder helped Spike make Sludge confess that he is not his father.
- In "School Raze - Part 2", the six foiled Cozy Glow's evil plans by returning the stolen magic to Equestria with the help of the Tree of Harmony, so saving Starlight Glimmer.
- In "Uprooted", they honored the tree of harmony after it was destroyed by King Sombra by creating a tree house with its remains.
- In "She's All Yak", Sandbar comforted Yona when she saddened that she couldn't be like a normal Pony.
- In "Sweet and Smoky", Smolder (along with Princess Ember) defended her brother Garble from ridicule.
- In "The Ending of the End - Part 1 and 2", they helped Starlight Glimmer and Trixie Lulamoon in protecting the School of Frienship's students from Queen Chrysalis. They also cooperated in the final battle with her, Lord Tirek, and Cozy Glow by uniting everyone in Equestria again when they were divided into disharmony, also by giving Twilight Sparkle enough energy to obliterate the Windigos and drain the villains of Grogar's magic for good.
- Mane Six
- Starlight Glimmer
- Trixie Lulamoon
- Chancellor Neighsay
- Swift Foot (comic series only)
- The Pillars of Old Equestria
- Tree of Harmony Spirit
- All of their kind
- Cozy Glow (formerly)
- Chancellor Neighsay (formerly)
- Discord (formerly)
- Ursa Major
- Bugbear (only on Sandbar, Yona, and Silverstream's part)
- Sludge (only on Smolder's part)
- Cozy Glow
- Chimera (comic series only)
- Queen Chrysalis
- The name Young Six is not official. However, there is another non-official name: The Student Six.
- Unlike the Mane Six who are all female, the Young Six are comprised of four females (Ocellus, Silverstream, Smolder, and Yona) and two males (Gallus and Sandbar).