This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||I'm not stopping. I'm not moving. I'm not giving up!!!||„|
|~ Yuno to Mars in Death Match.|
Yuno is a deuteragonist of Black Clover franchise, having the role of being Asta's rival.
He is one of the orphans left under the care of a church located in Hage Village and the foster brother/rival of Asta. He is, in fact, the lost Prince from the Spade Kingdom's House Grinberryall, the royal family before the Dark Triads overthrew the royal family and murdered his parents, as well as other royals, but was saved by Ralph.
He wields a four-leaf clover grimoire and is a 5th Class Intermediate Magic Knight, later Vice Captain of the Clover Kingdom's Golden Dawn and Royal Knights Squads. He is the human host for Licht's child.
He was voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki and Aki Sekine as a child in the anime and Sōma Saitō and Mikako Komatsu as a child in the OVA in the Japanese version, and by Micah Solusod in the English dubbed version.
Yuno is a young man of average height with a lean build, amber eyes, and messy black hair. His main outfit consists of a pitch-black shirt with a high collar and long sleeves. The sleeves have brown leather that cover the wrists and upper arms. He wears light brown pants that are cut below his knees and, around his waist, a pair of brown belts that cross each other. Additionally, he wears a pair of dark-colored socks and a pair of boots.
He carries his grimoire in a pouch strapped at his right-hand side of his waist. Later on, Yuno starts wearing the squad's signature robes. He also possesses a necklace made of a gold-colored chain and a blue magic stone, which has a gold-colored cross and four-pointed stars at each corner.
After becoming a member of the Golden Dawn squad, Yuno starts wearing its signature squad robe, which covers his torso and is gold in color. The fabric has an intricate design with a similar color palette as the robe. It also has a blue-colored fur around the border of the hood and a pair of blue ropes coming from the left shoulder and connected to the gold-colored button on the right shoulder. The button keeps the robe properly in place. The squad's insignia is positioned at the left-hand side.
While possessed by an elf spirit, a red tattoo appears on Yuno's left cheek and his ears become pointed.
Yuno has a calm and emotionless demeanor and speaks only when he really needs to convey his thoughts. His manner of speaking often makes people misinterpret what he means. Despite his detached nature, Yuno harbors a strong ambition to be the Magic Emperor, which he developed while growing up with Asta.
Additionally, Yuno has a sense of rivalry with him so strong that he will go to any length to stop anyone who tries to put Asta in harm's way. He also goes out of his way to make Asta look good in the eyes of others, such as when he attacked Asta with his most powerful magic, knowing Asta would block it.
Because he spent most of his childhood living with Asta, Yuno possesses similar traits as he does. One is his tenacity and will to never give up, both of which he learned from training together with Asta in their early days. In contrast with his current personality, Yuno used to be more of a crybaby who could not stand up for himself. He started to change after Asta saved him while showing his dream and determination.
Magic & Abilities
As the sole son of the King and Queen of the Spade Kingdom, Yuno has vast magic and abilities to the point of being chosen by a four-leaf clover, which extremely powerful mages possessed. His abilities were recognized by then all nine Magic Knight Captains who wanted him to join their squad (which hasn't happened before) and even by one of the four great Elemental Spirits, the Wind Spirit, Slyph. Since joining the Magic Knights, he has proven to be the strongest among the new recruits and almost all the members aside from the Captains, being able to face off against one himself.
Wind Magic: Yuno's magic attribute, which allows him to generate and manipulation wind. Before receiving his grimoire, he was already proficient in using wind to perform various precise household tasks without breaking anything. Since becoming a Magic Knight, he often uses it to create whirlwinds able to knock down opponents, and flight. This magic attribute is noted as belonging to Licht's and Tetia's son who possessed him.
- Towering Tornado: This generates a destructive tornado near his intended opponent, which is powerful enough to send most backwards and can even be activated inside another opponent's spell destroying it from the inside-out.
- Crescent Kamaitachi: This creates a thin crescent-shaped wind blade from Yuno swinging his arm in a certain direction.
- Tornado Fang: This creates a horizontal tornado toward his intended target, which is strong enough to drill through spells and people, sending them backwards.
- Gale White Bow: This creates a bow made from wind armed with six arrows, which he can fire off at his opponents.
- Unnamed trident spell: This creates a trident made from wind, which can be used against an opponent.
Creation Magic: Yuno uses this form of magic to shape objects and entities from wind.
- Swift White Hawk: Yuno creates a hawk made from wind, which can grab ahold of various things and people.
- Wind Blades Shower: Yuno creates several blades composed of compressed wind.
- Heavenly Wind Ark: Yuno creates an ark-like vehicle, which he and others can ride on top of.
Spirit Magic: As a user of one of the four major elements, Yuno was chosen by one of the four great elemental spirits, the Wind Spirit, Slyph, or Bell and became her host. As such, he can summon Bell to assist him in battle through increasing the strength of his magic power or spells, which has allowed him to match the strongest of opponents.
- Sylph's Breath: A spell, where mana is concentrated around his opponent before releasing a massive wind bullet at his intended target.
- Spirit Dive: A spell, which allows Yuno to assimilate Bell inside himself, which allows him perform a partial transformation and drastically increase his magic power. His partial form cloaks the left side of his body, his left arm in green mana, gained a half-formed crown and a single wind, however, it allowed him to match or fight against powerful opponent such as a Magic Knight Captain, Elves, and a High-Ranked Devil. Yuno's completed Spirit Dive, which covers his entire body in green mana, granting him a finished grown and winds, letting him overpower Zennon using 80% Devil Power and reinforced Bone Magic until he reached 100% Devil Power.
- Spirit Storm: In Spirit Dive, Yuno releases a beam of concentrated wind magic at his intended target. Using Mana Zone, he can fire it off in another direction, as well as being able to release two Spirit Storms at the same time.
- Spirit's Hushed Dance: In Spirit Dive and using Mana Zone, Yuno can predict and evade his opponents attacks, as well as create afterimages.
- Spirit of Zephyr: A Spirit Creation Magic Spell, where Yuno creates a two-handed wind sword from the surrounding mana, allowing him to fight against the High-Ranked Devil, Zagred, as well as his attack, which interfered with the world. As the reincarnation of Licht's child, it has the characteristics of Sword and Wind Magic.
- Liable Tempest: A spell, where Yuno in Spirit Dive flies around his opponent, before he covers them in a vortex of wind, entrapping them.
- Spirit of Boreas: A Spirit Creation Magic Spell, where Yuno creates a weapon that appears to be a halberd and sword, which allowed him to disintegrate devil-reinforced Bone Magic and drill into his target.
Star Magic: Yuno's true magic attribute, which allows him to create and control stars that can be used for a wide arrange of unique purposes compared to his Wind Magic.
Reinforcement Magic: Yuno uses this form of magic to increase his physical abilities.
Immense Magic Power: As a royal prince from the Spade Kingdom, Yuno inherited tremendous magic power, which has been noted throughout his life living as a Clover Kingdom peasant. As shown in the Magic Knight Entrance Exam, not a single anti-bird flew in his direction. His reserves allowed him to cast different spells at the same time and fought on par with two of the Diamond Kingdom's Eight Shining Generals, defeating one of them. His magic powers were further increased after being possessed by an elf, reaching Stage Zero.
Enhanced Mana Sensory: Yuno possesses the ability to sense mana from his surroundings. In addition, he can see the flow of mana in the form of a flock of winged beings.
Mana Zone: Yuno can control all the mana in the area around him to increase his spells' power and range.
Spirit Absorption: Through combining Mana Zone and refining Mana Skin, Yuno managed to merge with the Wind Spirit, Sylph, and a vast amount of mana, increasing his magic power and partially transforming himself allowing him to match a Magic Knight Captain.
Strong Will: After being possessed by an elf and hearing Asta's determination to become Magic Emperor, Yuno's strong will allows him to keep his soul intact.
Four-Leaf Clover: Similar to the first Wizard King and Elf Leader, Yuno owns a legendary four-leaf clover, which is said to contain good luck inside of it. Being his grimoire, it also contains various wind magic spell inside of it, in addition to strengthening his natural magic powers and growing alongside him.
Spade Grimoire: As the Prince of the Spade Kingdom, Yuno was able to also gain a Spade Grimoire, in addition to his Clover Grimoire.
Yami Sukehiro (Captain) | Nacht Faust (Vice-Captain) | Asta | Noelle Silva | Charmy Pappitson | Gauche Adlai | Zora Ideale | Finral Roulacase | Vanessa Enoteca | Grey | Gordon Agrippa | Magma Swing | Luck Voltia | Henry Legolant | Nero
William Vengeance (Captain) | Yuno (Vice-Captain) | Mimosa Vermillion | Klaus Lunettes
Nozel Silva (Captain)
Jack the Ripper (Captain)
Dorothy Unsworth (Captain) | Kirsch Vermillion (Vice-Captain)
Charlotte Roselei (Captain) | Sol Marron
Kaiser Granvorka (Captain)
Rill Boismortier (Captain)
Lily Aquaria | Marie Adlai | Karna Freese | Orsi Orfai
Kahono | Kiato
Lolopechka | Gadjah | Potrof
Licht | Patolli | Charla | Rhya | Vetto | Fana)
Liebe | Gimodelo | Slotos | Plumede | Walgner
Sylph | Salamander | Undine
Dominante Code | Fanzell Kruger | Mariella| Ralph Niaflem