|“||That's what I call flower power!||„|
Zuma is a Labrador Retriever who is the water pup of the PAW Patrol, one of the five tritagonists of the Canadian cartoon series PAW Patrol and one of the five tetartagonists of PAW Patrol: The Movie.
He is voiced by Alex Thorne from Season 1 to 4, who also voiced Romeo in the first season of PJ Masks, his brother, Carter Thorne from Season 4 and 5 in the series and Season 2 of PJ Masks, Shayle Simons from Season 6 to 8 and Jordan Mazeral since Season 9 in the Canadian and North American versions of TV series and by Samuel Woodward from Season 1 to 7 and Ollie Evans since Season 8 in the British version.
Zuma is a Chocolate Labrador puppy. He has brown fur, floppy ears, and amber eyes. His collar is dark blue and has a tag that's orange with a silver anchor symbol on it representing the sea. His gear is a bright orange water helmet along with scuba gear on his back.
He is very laid-back and calm, though he's not as serious about duty as Chase. He is relaxed and his own fears tend to be more subtle than the rest of the pups' phobias. He is always loyal and has an abundant liking for Ryder. He is playful and always ready to have a good laugh. He's usually sunny and optimistic. He's shown to be rather good with ocean animals. He and Rocky are good friends and he does his best to keep Rocky from getting wet. He wants to get other people to lighten up.
He has a competitive side; he and Skye have a friendly rivalry at times, but it's all in good fun. Once, in "Pups Fall Festival", they even argued about who got to the elevator first. They're often shown to have a close friendship and they've been seen doing things together.
He sometimes speaks like a surfer and uses slang like "dude", fittingly for the water rescue pup. He's even an expert kite-surfer.
Equipment and Abilities
Like all members of the PAW Patrol, he has his own personalized pup-tag which uses to make calls to Ryder, The Lookout, and the other pups. It can also be used to make video calls to other members. His is customized with a orange background and an anchor on it to represent of his job of underwater missions. His Mighty Pup tag has a wave symbol on it.
He has scuba gear he wears on his back like a backpack and it features with a flashlight as well, while his Mission PAW pup-pack has a super sonar and an aqua drone. In "Air Pups", he is given a waterproof jet pack with a scuba diving mode for air-based rescues.
His normal vehicle is a orange hovercraft can be ridden on water and land, including sand and he gets picked in. Its vehicle number is 07. In Season 2 it has been shown that his hovercraft can transform into a submarine.
His Sea Patrol vehicle is a catamaran equipped with a dual robotic arms. It is use to underwater mode or a land mode.
He is an excellent swimmer and diver, with scuba gear that support him in his underwater missions. Even without his breathing apparatus, he can hold his breath for a long time, like when he let Wally breathe through his oxygen mask. He can also stand on his hind legs.
As a Mighty Pup, he can spray water through his paws and can control the ocean like Aquaman. While charged-up, he can create energy bubbles to trap things.
- "Let's dive in!"
- "Ready, set, get wet!"
- "Time to do the wave!" ("Mighty Pups")
- "My mighty wave will get the save!" ("Mighty Pups, Super Paws: When Super Kitties Attack")
- "Ready set, let's jet!" ("Jet to the Rescue")
- "Let's drive in!" ("Moto Pups")
- He has been first called for a mission 82 times.
- He has been called for backup 52 times.
- He has been called into action (either a first response or backup) 134 times.
- His buoy is actually a life preserver.
- He is a Labrador Retriever. Labrador retrievers are extremely fond of water, making him perfect for his job.
- He likes the color orange.
- He is a aquatic and rescue diver.
- In the first three seasons of the show, he had a speech impediment (possibly rhotacism). His impediment can most fluently be heard whenever he says something that starts with an "R" (i.e. when he says "Ryder", "Rocky" or "Rubble", it sounds like "Wyder," "Wocky," or "Wubble," respectively, similar to the Looney Tunes character, Elmer Fudd). He has since lost the impediment when Carter Thorne took over as voice actor.
- In the earlier episodes of the UK dub, he spoke with a lateral lisp due to Samuel Woodward lacking his front teeth.
- His buoy is actually a life preserver.
- His name means "peace" in Arabic.
- His name is often mistaken for an online game with the same name, Zuma.
- He may have been named after a beach in Malibu, California.
- He can walk on hind legs, proven in "Pups and the Ghost Pirate".
- This makes Zuma the first pup who can walk on their hind legs, the second being Everest.
- He has a friendly rivalry with his friends Chase and Skye.
- He was good friends with Rocky. In "Pups Save a Lost Tooth", they have their opposite reactions while watching the screen.
- He seems to be able to swim in freezing waters with no problem.
- He is the only pup to wear the cap of his Sea Patrol uniform backward.
- He says "dude" a lot in the series.
The Loud House
Oh Yeah! Cartoons
The Fairly OddParents
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
The Mighty B!
Pig Goat Banana Cricket
The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss
Dora and Friends
Santiago of the Seas
See Also: Cartoon Network Heroes